Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 515083 times)

kashell

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1965 on: April 17, 2015, 08:09:54 am »
Trucking through Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. I just unlocked the crafting system and it's infuriating and addicting all at the same time. I spent way too much time making worthless food. I've started crafting some good gear though. Two things of Mythril armor, and two kick ass weapons for Nel and Cliff! Really cool that you can make weapons worth 30k pretty much right out of the gate. I guess since I patented them all, the shops that sell the equipment give me money every half an hour on a battlefield. Might have to leave my PS2 on one of the open fields  ;D.

Despite some of my issues with the game, I'm right there with you: the crafting system is super fun. Be sure to save your game before you attempt to make the Philosopher's Stone. I had to reset the game a couple of times, but some folks had to retry 10 to 15 times to get. The results are well worth it, though!

bobster

« Reply #1966 on: April 17, 2015, 10:32:21 am »
Trucking through Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. I just unlocked the crafting system and it's infuriating and addicting all at the same time. I spent way too much time making worthless food. I've started crafting some good gear though. Two things of Mythril armor, and two kick ass weapons for Nel and Cliff! Really cool that you can make weapons worth 30k pretty much right out of the gate. I guess since I patented them all, the shops that sell the equipment give me money every half an hour on a battlefield. Might have to leave my PS2 on one of the open fields  ;D.

Despite some of my issues with the game, I'm right there with you: the crafting system is super fun. Be sure to save your game before you attempt to make the Philosopher's Stone. I had to reset the game a couple of times, but some folks had to retry 10 to 15 times to get. The results are well worth it, though!
I've already gotten to the point smithing where I have to save before each craft lol. I have no money currently, but I was shooting at the 3-4k options so I couldn't take many failures lol. I read a little bit about the Philosopher's stone, but I'm way far away from that. I don't even have any NPCs right now.

Lucky for me, running out of money has forced me to move on with the story. In Druggas Forest currently.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

argyle

« Reply #1967 on: April 20, 2015, 09:25:17 am »
I finished up Bloodborne this weekend & was looking for something else to play last night. Don't wanna jump into another RPG right now, because I'm waiting on The Witcher 3. And I still need to finish Xillia 2, which I'll work on this week, but last night I wanted to play something more...mindless. ;)

Tried to get back into Shadows of Mordor after getting sidetracked away from it last Fall. That game is NOT friendly to go back to after a long break - the controls are very complex (overly so, IMO) and the in-game controller mapping only shows the basics. And in line with modern gaming, of course there's no manual.  >:(

So I popped in Dying Light, which I had previously just played the very beginning of. It was easy to get back into & pretty fun. Definitely the mindless action I was looking for. So I may trade off between that & Xillia 2 for now. :)

If anyone wants to see me hit a zombie in the head w/ some firecrackers, and the resulting insanity courtesy of her hammer-wielding friend, well here ya go! :D

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1968 on: April 21, 2015, 09:30:31 pm »
About 7 hours into Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, but I feel it just isn't right for the handheld.  It wasn't ported very well, too much was lost graphically from the Wii, and it gets rather hard to keep track of the action going on.  Nothing really wrong with the game itself, it's alright, though abit mindless and barren with it's sidequests and huge areas, but still a solid game.  Think I might just go trade it in or sell it off and put it towards something else.  Got a feeling that maybe they should avoid porting from Wii and downgrading it to the 3DS, especially for a larger game like Xenoblade or if they think about a Zelda.  Smarter choice is to go HD and bring it to the Wii U.  Game would be DRASTICALLY improved by using the gamepad to select attacks I think.

abe

« Reply #1969 on: April 21, 2015, 10:09:44 pm »
I've been slacking on some of my games I'm currently playing, but I've been studying for finals so it's hard to get a lot of time in to sit down and really enjoy anything. As a result, I've been playing short bursts of Surgeon Simulator on the PS4 here and there. It's really fun and really frustrating at the same time, making for an interesting experience. The trophies are pretty fun challenge too. While I'd like to try to get the platinum trophy, it's probably a little bit out of my reach. One of the trophies requires you to obtain an A++ rank on every surgery, which is pretty crazy. :o
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1970 on: April 22, 2015, 01:03:44 am »

I started playing Gun on original XBox.

It feels like a last-gen Red Dead Redemption. There are similar themes, missions, and aesthetics. But not as good as graphics, not as good of production-values, and not quite open-world, more like open-areas that you unlock as you go.

But it does have solid gameplay and a well-thought out story.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1971 on: April 22, 2015, 02:10:26 am »
Definitely enjoyed Thomas Jane and Kris Kristofferson's performance and the story of Gun than I did with Red Dead Redemption.

Back on topic...   Playing Vandal Hearts and without spoiling anything, I believe I'm in the climax of the story.  Also doing whatever little optional mission there is.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

« Reply #1972 on: April 22, 2015, 04:13:18 am »
Went late to bed, because Dragon Quest Monsters 3D had sucked me in so hard again^^;. But I finished my first SS rank monster, which was the Black Dragon and beat two endbosses in two of the postgames story. Damn...this game is so good ;)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1973 on: April 22, 2015, 09:19:31 am »
I finished up Bloodborne this weekend & was looking for something else to play last night. Don't wanna jump into another RPG right now, because I'm waiting on The Witcher 3. And I still need to finish Xillia 2, which I'll work on this week, but last night I wanted to play something more...mindless. ;)

Tried to get back into Shadows of Mordor after getting sidetracked away from it last Fall. That game is NOT friendly to go back to after a long break - the controls are very complex (overly so, IMO) and the in-game controller mapping only shows the basics. And in line with modern gaming, of course there's no manual.  >:(

So I popped in Dying Light, which I had previously just played the very beginning of. It was easy to get back into & pretty fun. Definitely the mindless action I was looking for. So I may trade off between that & Xillia 2 for now. :)

If anyone wants to see me hit a zombie in the head w/ some firecrackers, and the resulting insanity courtesy of her hammer-wielding friend, well here ya go! :D

Was the Bloodborne plat difficult, Greg?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #1974 on: April 22, 2015, 12:27:52 pm »

Was the Bloodborne plat difficult, Greg?

I never said I platted it. ;)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1975 on: April 22, 2015, 12:33:06 pm »
I wasn't implying that you said that, Greg...

...I was just asking if the trophy list for the plat was a really difficult one, or not  ;)

argyle

« Reply #1976 on: April 22, 2015, 12:40:42 pm »

...I was just asking if the trophy list for the plat was a really difficult one, or not  ;)

Well everything about the game is difficult, so yeah. :P Some of the optional boss fights are pretty nasty.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1977 on: April 22, 2015, 02:18:00 pm »

Well everything about the game is difficult, so yeah. :P Some of the optional boss fights are pretty nasty.

How long did it take you to beat it?

argyle

« Reply #1978 on: April 22, 2015, 02:23:52 pm »

How long did it take you to beat it?

About 70 hours. My final save was 71 I believe, but I put about an hour into the NG+ just to see what it was like.

doafan

« Reply #1979 on: April 24, 2015, 09:53:37 am »
Even when I barely have free time to play have to say that the Donkey Kong Country is now at stand by since the arrival of the Contra III - The Alien Wars but am still playing Super Mario RPG, this time my little daughter is now helping me where we already have reached the Bowser's Keep but definitely will not start this level until I upgrade the levels of my characters, at my experience of this kind of games already know that the battles here will be a pain in the ass so prefer to be at least at level 50 before we attempt to finish this game  :-\

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy