Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514897 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1995 on: May 05, 2015, 03:56:41 pm »
KoToR was on sale in the Apple App Store last week for $2.99.  I downloaded it on my son's iPad.  This is such a good game.  I love it.  I'm sucked in all over again.  This might be some of the best $3 I've ever spent.

When I got the game for PC, I could definitely relate!  Always played the Scout origin, then I went with Soldier.  Never enjoyed the Scoundrel path.

I'm always the soldier.  And, I'm too nice to even play a game as evil.  I've tried it on Fable and KoToR.  I just can't be evil enough.

That's me in most games that involve you either being good or evil.  Fallout, Mass Effect, Etc...I'm too nice lol

kashell

« Reply #1996 on: May 07, 2015, 09:48:09 am »
I finally got the platinum in Shinobido 2. Now, I'm thinking I'm going to play Luminous Arc 2 on the DS. As for my side game, I'm probably going to alternate between Space Channel 5 and Jet Grind Radio.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1997 on: May 07, 2015, 11:18:06 am »
I finally got the platinum in Shinobido 2. Now, I'm thinking I'm going to play Luminous Arc 2 on the DS...

Congrats on the Shinobido 2 plat kash! ;D

How difficult & long of a plat was it?

Luminous Arc 2's next to play, you say; eh?

Did you get the pair intending to maybe (eventually) replay LA1 someday too?

I'll be looking forward to hearing your thoughts (I've never played a LA game), reading your review, and (don't forget!) hearing what you think + how much you like/dislike the music on the CD.

Me?

I've reached (and I'm a bit more than halfway through Criminal Girls') "Silver-Streak" portion of the game.

For those (the rest) of you, myself included, with the misfortune of of not having the 1st half of a name of "Kash"...

...and the 2nd half of said name ending in a "Hell" (ie. those of you who don't actually keep up with each other as closely + with as much interest; as do I and my classy, kashy-pooh :P

- what this means is that, in an extremely  'un-Nis-ish' finish; the trophy list (with a total of 37 trophies) of *this* N1 game consists of:

(1) gold trophy,

(1) platinum trophy,

(10) bronze trophies,

and - if my math is right -

seductively-sultry, supremely-sublime, superbly-special, spatially-spaced, supernally-shining, sneakily-secreted, suspiciously-sacrosant, sweetly-shadowed, seminally-satisfied, and succinctly-salty Silvers!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #1998 on: May 07, 2015, 11:49:16 am »
Have I ever mentioned that alliterations arouse me? Mercy me, that one about the silvers was, dare I say, super-stupendous.

Shinobido 2's platinum took 30 hours, but it felt a lot longer due to all of the repetition/trial & error. The last trophy I got before platinum was one of the "collect all of these things" trophies and it took lots of restarts to get it. Still, nothing too difficult. Especially if you abuse the hell out of alchemy.

I've actually played (and finished) the first Luminous Arc about seven years ago. I have a review on GameFAQs if you're interested in reading it. ^^  After reading through the instructions in the Luminous Arc 2, it looks like it will be more of the same but with some subtle changes. I'm excited to dive into a heavier game that I can take on the go.

desocietas

« Reply #1999 on: May 07, 2015, 02:11:40 pm »
I tried out Rollers of the Realm last night, and it's pretty cute!  I'd heard mixed reviews, but I thought the voice acting was cute, and the story so far is nice. More of a puzzle-y pinball game in how they have some of the "tables" laid out.

Also have been playing 10000000 which is terribly addictive and simple in a way.  I can see how it was initially an iOS game - quick sessions and easy to come back to.  Hopefully I can "finish" it soon and put it away without feeling the need to play it all the time, ha.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 02:13:26 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #2000 on: May 08, 2015, 11:07:37 am »
I tried out Rollers of the Realm last night, and it's pretty cute!  I'd heard mixed reviews, but I thought the voice acting was cute, and the story so far is nice. More of a puzzle-y pinball game in how they have some of the "tables" laid out.

Also have been playing 10000000 which is terribly addictive and simple in a way.  I can see how it was initially an iOS game - quick sessions and easy to come back to.  Hopefully I can "finish" it soon and put it away without feeling the need to play it all the time, ha.

I caught Rollers of the Realm in a sale a couple months back and I've really enjoyed what time I've put into it. It isn't one I play for long stretches, but it's a great pick-up-and-play game between more "meaty" games.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #2001 on: May 11, 2015, 08:03:20 am »
I started a new file in SaGa Frontier 2. I always forget how creative this game is until I see it on my screen. I also attempted to start Jet Grind Radio, but I'm not very good at it. ;__; I was never good at any of those sorts of games, but that doesn't stop the game from being fun.

bobster

« Reply #2002 on: May 11, 2015, 09:02:32 am »
I started a new file in SaGa Frontier 2. I always forget how creative this game is until I see it on my screen. I also attempted to start Jet Grind Radio, but I'm not very good at it. ;__; I was never good at any of those sorts of games, but that doesn't stop the game from being fun.
Jet Grind Radio is a blast! Truth be told I wasn't very good at it either  :-[. I've been thinking about playing Jet Set Radio Future soon but I want to wait until I get the HD cables for the xbox.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #2003 on: May 11, 2015, 09:30:05 am »
I'm playing through the main story of Grand Theft Auto V for the first time. I'm about halfway through now but it's hard to stay focused since there's so many things to do in the game.

retrogemcollector

« Reply #2004 on: May 11, 2015, 11:55:00 pm »
Deadpool

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2005 on: May 12, 2015, 01:54:15 am »
Ditched Vandal Hearts and have officially become addicted to Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.  Bought The Elder Scrolls Anthology around it's release but only started playing my Steam game around a week ago.

I'm always the soldier.  And, I'm too nice to even play a game as evil.  I've tried it on Fable and KoToR.  I just can't be evil enough.

Scoundrel is part of the origins you get to choose for your character.  Or was it smuggler?  Anyway, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

doafan

« Reply #2006 on: May 12, 2015, 08:07:25 pm »
Started to play Crossy Road this weekend at the office cellphone, hard as hell, no matter which animal or person I use they always kick my ass before even reach the Top 100  :-\

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2007 on: May 16, 2015, 08:24:36 pm »
KoToR was on sale in the Apple App Store last week for $2.99.  I downloaded it on my son's iPad.  This is such a good game.  I love it.  I'm sucked in all over again.  This might be some of the best $3 I've ever spent.

When I got the game for PC, I could definitely relate!  Always played the Scout origin, then I went with Soldier.  Never enjoyed the Scoundrel path.

That's me in most games that involve you either being good or evil.  Fallout, Mass Effect, Etc...I'm too nice lol

I am very obsessed with experiencing as much of the story in a game as a can.

Not really obsessed with getting every trophy. But I want to hear every voice over, see every cutscene, and play every side quest.

Infamous 1 & 2 I played through both good and evil. But I had to play evil in shorter sessions. Can't explain it I'd just feel bad, sick, and dirty if I played it as truly evil for more than two hours in one sitting.

Playing Okami HD on PS3 right now and really getting into it.

Once the 20 minute opening sequence is over and you actually get to play it it's amazing. Very beautiful, creative, and hard to put down. I'm 4 hours in so far.

It's kinda like Windwaker with a dog and brush puzzles.

They give you an option to bite people but I only ever do that by accident.

No idea if doing it regularly actually impacts gameplay but it it doesn't feel like the right thing for a creature that has flowers growing across the ground as they run to do.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 08:28:48 pm by dashv »

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2008 on: May 18, 2015, 08:50:40 am »
Played exclusively Bloodborne last month so now I have my Platinum i'm going back on clearing some other games I started before BB ate all my free-time (and my soul):
  • Story of Thor 2
  • Shadow of Mordor DLCs
  • Apotheon
  • Wolfenstein the New Order
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2009 on: May 18, 2015, 08:59:27 am »
Persona 4 Golden
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"