Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 515648 times)

telly

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2130 on: August 27, 2015, 10:55:33 am »
My GameCube has been packed away since I'm heading to college this weekend, so I stopped playing SMS. But since my PS2 is still out I'm going to try and see if I can beat Mega Man 6. For some reason, it's the only other game that's unlocked besides 2 and 3 on the Anniversary Collection. I'm assuming when I beat this one more of them will unlock (1,4,5,7 and the two arcade games)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 01:39:03 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Warmsignal

« Reply #2131 on: August 27, 2015, 12:00:56 pm »
Going to another gaming con Saturday. Hope I can come away with some goodies. I like to go without expectations, or any wishlist and just see what I happen to find at the right price.

pacpix

« Reply #2132 on: August 27, 2015, 02:08:44 pm »
Really trying to get into Wizardry VI, but I am not liking the PC port at all.  I wanted to transfer my party from Wizardry VI all the way through VII and VIII, but I'm thinking I might play the Super Famicom fan translation of VI and jump back into the PC ports at VII.

In all honesty, probably not the best plan to start playing a new Wizardry game right after starting college anyway :P
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

abe

« Reply #2133 on: August 30, 2015, 08:52:32 pm »
Finished chapter 4 of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, but I'm not done with it yet. The credits rolled, but I want to see the true ending so I plan on unlocking and playing through chapter 5. It's kinda annoying that you have to play a bunch of random missions until it unlocks.

Yay for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain this Tuesday. ;D
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

Warmsignal

« Reply #2134 on: August 31, 2015, 01:12:56 pm »
Anyone else tend to post random blurbs in here, thinking this was the "general" thread? I do that a lot.

Currently playing? Rayman for PS1 mostly.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2135 on: August 31, 2015, 01:48:15 pm »
I finished Contra last night.  That makes 100,000,000 times that I've done that.  Still haven't pulled off a no death run.

I think tonight I'm going to finish TMNT for the first time ever... with the help of Retron5 cheat codes of course.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2136 on: August 31, 2015, 05:14:43 pm »
I finished Contra last night.  That makes 100,000,000 times that I've done that.  Still haven't pulled off a no death run.

I think tonight I'm going to finish TMNT for the first time ever... with the help of Retron5 cheat codes of course.

No cheat helps that damn sewer jump in the Turtle-Van area.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2137 on: September 01, 2015, 09:49:55 pm »

No cheat helps that damn sewer jump in the Turtle-Van area.

I'm playing it right now. Fuck that jump

retrogemcollector

« Reply #2138 on: September 02, 2015, 03:26:30 am »
Singularity, Resistance 2, Rule of Rose...

deftommo

« Reply #2139 on: September 02, 2015, 07:30:36 am »
Started Nier and MGSV:TPP.

telly

« Reply #2140 on: September 02, 2015, 10:56:23 am »
I'm contemplating playing through Chrono Trigger again, partially because it's the 20th anniversary, and also because I just watched ProJared's video about the game and he recommended that people should replay it.

It might be interesting to give it another play through, to see how I opinions may have changed, though I beat it when I was 17ish, so I don't know.

It's either that or start up Suikoden/ try to get my roommate to let me play his copy of Secret of Mana
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 10:58:39 am by telly »
Currently Playing:

desocietas

« Reply #2141 on: September 02, 2015, 02:45:37 pm »
I've been playing Crimes & Punishments: Sherlock Holmes (I refuse to say Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments - the box is clear!) and am in the third case. So far, it's not bad, though I don't know why these games still lack decent walking animations.  And Watson is terrifying! Someone sent me a video to the Watson meme, and he's totally spooky.

The cases are fairly interesting, but the camera movements keep making me motionsick.  I wish puzzle games with full motion camera would give some flexibility in distance and such for its field of view. It's usually first-person or third-person but pretty much over the character's shoulder, so the FOV is still fairly similar to first-person.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2142 on: September 02, 2015, 03:47:05 pm »
Started Nier and MGSV:TPP.

Nier has some very pretty graphics. But I didn't get far before I got bored. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood.

abe

« Reply #2143 on: September 02, 2015, 09:26:49 pm »
I'm contemplating playing through Chrono Trigger again, partially because it's the 20th anniversary, and also because I just watched ProJared's video about the game and he recommended that people should replay it.

It might be interesting to give it another play through, to see how I opinions may have changed, though I beat it when I was 17ish, so I don't know.

It's either that or start up Suikoden/ try to get my roommate to let me play his copy of Secret of Mana

Or bug your roommate to let you play his copy of Earthbound instead. ;)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

telly

« Reply #2144 on: September 03, 2015, 09:22:26 am »

Or bug your roommate to let you play his copy of Earthbound instead. ;)

You know, that's probably a better idea. :) If there was ever a chance for me to say I played Earthbound on cart without paying through the nose for it, it would be now.  ::)
Currently Playing: