Author Topic: January 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 29229 times)

soera

Re: January 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2015, 01:33:02 pm »
I swapped out the hard drive in my PS4 so it now has 2tb.

Is this tough to do? I wouldnt mind upgrading to something that huge.

And can you move the stuff from the initial one to the new one?

abe

« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2015, 04:33:34 pm »
Mail time! I got my Retro Duo V3.0 in the mail today along with my nice minty fresh copy of Super Puyo Puyo 2 for the Super Famicom. Great timing! I love how cheap you can get complete copies of Super Famicom games. ;D
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

karyann

« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2015, 06:06:39 pm »
I got Captain Toad Treasure Tracker and I swapped out the hard drive in my PS4 so it now has 2tb.

I'm interested in details as well! Was is tedious and could you transfer your stuff from old to new HDD?

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2015, 06:14:35 pm »
I swapped out the hard drive in my PS4 so it now has 2tb.

Is this tough to do? I wouldnt mind upgrading to something that huge.

And can you move the stuff from the initial one to the new one?

the only thing that was really tedious was moving all the save data to a USB drive since you can only back it up one game at a time (or use PS+ for backing up) and then moving all that back on the hard drive

http://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps4/
click that link and follow the instructions under "Perform a New Installation of the System Software"
after that sign into PSN re-download any games and for disc ones toss them back in after they download click "options on the controller and hit "Check for Updates" which will download All the updates and any DLC you have

the only real annoyance I had was that the friend I bought mine off of had it set as his primary PS4 so I couldn't wipe the 500gb hard drive till he took care of that. I'm hoping to use that hard drive on my PS3

For the most part very easy and the end result looks great Sorry about the size of the pic I just took it off of my facebook.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 06:18:00 pm by redblaze57 »

foxhack

« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2015, 07:23:04 pm »
the only thing that was really tedious was moving all the save data to a USB drive since you can only back it up one game at a time (or use PS+ for backing up) and then moving all that back on the hard drive

(...)

after that sign into PSN re-download any games and for disc ones toss them back in after they download click "options on the controller and hit "Check for Updates" which will download All the updates and any DLC you have

So I guess creating a complete backup of all your downloaded games is too hard for Sony to do. Jeez. It must be awful for people with data download caps.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2015, 08:02:36 pm »

(...)

So I guess creating a complete backup of all your downloaded games is too hard for Sony to do. Jeez. It must be awful for people with data download caps.

I was surprised  I didn't get throttled especially since the last time I got throttled I remember downloading Sonic Generations on steam and 2 smaller games, the first time was when I built my computer and was downloading all the steam keyes I had which included Arkham City and Portal 2. And as I said to my friend it's  BS  that you can't use an external hard drive to back it all up. It also helps I only had 6 games I wanted to redownload

argyle

« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2015, 12:13:35 am »
So I'm sticking to my "not buying any games until the end of Feb" thing, but I DID make an awesome trade last Friday. :D  I've been kicking around getting rid of my Destiny Ghost Ed., because I enjoyed the game ok but wasn't crazy about it & didn't care for the end game stuff. I like to have CE's for games that I really like, and this one just didn't fit in that category. So I decided to take it to the guy at my local mom & pop shop & see what he would give me for it. He hadn't seen one before, and he's a really big Destiny fan AND a sucker for the CE stuff, so he wanted the set not to sell but for himself - so he gave me $190 store credit for it!  I used that to pickup these 3 gems, and still have $35 of it left over. I am VERY happy with this deal, especially considering I gave somewhere around $100, maybe slightly less, for the Ghost Ed. ;)

IMG_4416[1]

That's 3 games off of my most-wanted list, complete & in excellent condition. I'm very pleased with that trade. :)

EDIT: Oh, and that completes my Drakengard/Nier collection AND my .hack collection - I now have all 7 of those. Woot! ;D
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 12:15:16 am by argyle »
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

spac316

« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2015, 12:37:54 am »
Bought Wii Party and Ultimate NES Remix recently!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2015, 12:09:57 pm »
So I'm sticking to my "not buying any games until the end of Feb" thing, but I DID make an awesome trade last Friday. :D  I've been kicking around getting rid of my Destiny Ghost Ed., because I enjoyed the game ok but wasn't crazy about it & didn't care for the end game stuff. I like to have CE's for games that I really like, and this one just didn't fit in that category. So I decided to take it to the guy at my local mom & pop shop & see what he would give me for it. He hadn't seen one before, and he's a really big Destiny fan AND a sucker for the CE stuff, so he wanted the set not to sell but for himself - so he gave me $190 store credit for it!  I used that to pickup these 3 gems, and still have $35 of it left over. I am VERY happy with this deal, especially considering I gave somewhere around $100, maybe slightly less, for the Ghost Ed. ;)

IMG_4416[1]

That's 3 games off of my most-wanted list, complete & in excellent condition. I'm very pleased with that trade. :)

EDIT: Oh, and that completes my Drakengard/Nier collection AND my .hack collection - I now have all 7 of those. Woot! ;D

You know, the first time I played Drakengard for PS2, I had a blast. I recently tried to go back to it a few months back and got bored with it, VERY quickly. Maybe the first time I played it I still had the wow-factor of my shiny new PS2 going on. But this time, it just seemed the entire game was very empty and bland looking outside of the wave of enemies.

karyann

« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2015, 05:59:44 pm »

http://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps4/
click that link and follow the instructions under "Perform a New Installation of the System Software"

the only real annoyance I had was that the friend I bought mine off of had it set as his primary PS4 so I couldn't wipe the 500gb hard drive till he took care of that. I'm hoping to use that hard drive on my PS3

Awesome, thanks for that!

Woot woot, congrats!  :D

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2015, 07:30:46 pm »
First PAL region game inFAMOUS First Light on the PS4.

blipcs76

« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2015, 10:12:17 am »
Picked up Smash Bros for Wii U this morning.  Walmart has it on sale right now for $41.05, so I had to jump on that deal.

They also have really good prices right now on DK Tropical Freeze, NES Remix and they also have a bunch of Wii U games for $12 or less like Injustice, Ninja Gaiden 3, Assassins Creed 3, etc.

argyle

« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2015, 11:05:43 am »
Picked up Smash Bros for Wii U this morning.  Walmart has it on sale right now for $41.05, so I had to jump on that deal.

They also have really good prices right now on DK Tropical Freeze, NES Remix and they also have a bunch of Wii U games for $12 or less like Injustice, Ninja Gaiden 3, Assassins Creed 3, etc.

And for some reason, they have the pre-order of Kirby and the Rainbow Curse for $39.96 - I jumped on that.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Kirby-and-the-Rainbow-Curse-Wii-U/42895057

When I placed the order, for some reason it says this below both my Peach Amiibo (also on sale for $8.90) and the Kirby game:

This title is intended for mature audiences. You must be 17 or older to purchase. It may contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language. By ordering this item, you are certifying that you are at least 17 years of age.

:P

EDIT: Didn't think to check the PS4 stuff for some reason, but I went back & just preordered FF Type-0, Uncharted & Kingdom Hearts 3 for about $40/each. Hope these don't get canceled! :D
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 12:37:33 pm by argyle »
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2015, 09:43:35 pm »
I got my first NES game today, Xevious. I'm starting a bit late collecting for the console, I know. :P Hopefully I'll get some good deals every now and then, but I realize at this point I'm probably not going to get too many good deals. That is, unless the collecting fad goes away, prices drop, and we're only left with the dedicated collectors who were into collecting before it went a bit more mainstream.

I also got my Mario Bros 3DS Card Case from Club Nintendo in the mail today. I wonder what kind of rewards Club Nintendo will add before the service gets cancelled...
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

soera

« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2015, 09:45:28 pm »
So Im sure Ive mentioned that Im the game master at a local huge church. One of the class teachers stopped me last week and said he has something for me. I was oddly curious at what it would be so he hit me up again today to give it to me. Apparently he had a pretty large sword collection that he was trying to get rid of and he gave me a full size gun-blade from FF VIII. :D Its pretty cool looking, I cant wait to hang it in my game room.