Author Topic: January 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 29096 times)

theflea

Re: January 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2015, 11:42:24 pm »
after watching a fellow game collector's new year's resolution on getting a complete Dreamcast collection, I figured I'd join him on his Dreamquest and finish my collection as well. So first I hit my local stores and found only a couple titles, then hit ebay and found many make offers and tried my luck getting some deals. and out of the 30 offers i sent out about 10 accepted. also made an offer on a Saturn game i've been watching for and got a deal.  :D

3DS
- Spirit Camera

DC
- Web Browser 2.0 (has Sega Swirl on it)
- Championship Surfer
- NCAA College Football 2K2
- Sports Jam
- Caesar's Palace 2000
- Seventh Cross Evolution (sealed)
- Charge N' Blast (sealed)
- Armada
- Mr. Driller
- Bangai-O
- Illbleed

SAT
- Princess Crown (JP)

You got some really nice finds, especially that Bangai-0 there. Both bangai-o and bangai-o spirits are awesome games, and have tons of replayability, so I hope you enjoy it and the rest of your finds. Mr. Driller's a pretty cool puzzle game, and Princess Crown is a interesting action rpg.

I played Bangai-O and it is a fun shooter, my only issue I didn't like is the controls. the D-Pad moves the mech while the analog stick shoots 360 around you. I can use the A button but i have to stop to change its direction. If the stick and D-Pad weren't next to each other this wouldn't have been an issue. lol
Mr. Driller I played but I kinda already played this game before on PS1.
Illbleed I thought was a unique Survival Horror, fun to figure out the traps, voice acting is so bad it's funny. 
Princess Crown I got the most fun from. It almost feels like a beat em up game RPG.

"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2015, 12:53:15 pm »
Had one of the most epic, incredible finds of my collecting life yesterday. I travelled to a town about an hour away from me that has the best game store in the entire state as far as I'm concerned. Excellent prices, excellent selection, everything you'd want in a game store pretty much. I usually head down there three times a year, and always come home with some good stuff, but nothing could prepare me for what they had during my visit yesterday.

I went to their display case where they keep all their rarer games and spied a ton of PS1 games I was after, all for very good prices! While browsing the store some more I found everything else, also relatively low in price. While I did spend a lot on my trip, I paid about 40% less than what I would have paid for all of this stuff on Ebay, so definitely not complaining! Most of all I obtained my great white buffalo, The Misadventures of Tron Bonne for a price that rivals its loose price on Ebay. It is in like new condition which makes the deal even better :)

The final picture are some hookups from a good friend and local collector in the area who I met up with later that day. He gave me something else really awesome as well, but I'll have to post it later after I've made room for it. Overall, it was one of, if not the best trip I've had to this town, and just an awesome day overall :D

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2015, 01:51:39 pm »
Been awhile since I've gone to the game store, let alone done much collecting, but I had some trades to bring up and a few perler beads to sell, so I popped down and picked up just a couple things.  This year I'm focusing on my Zelda collection to try and complete it, really in need of most of the boxed handheld games, but I came away with just the Zelda hardback strategy guide for Phantom Hourglass to go with my Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword ones.

Then I picked up Resident Evil Dead Aim which I've been wanting for awhile, one of those games I remember liking as a kid, but don't remember if it's any good, but I got a Time Crisis bundle to prepare myself for getting the game lol

Then I'm also kinda starting on my N64 game collecting just a bit, getting just the boxed version, no manual, for Donkey Kong 64.  Gonna try for the Banjo-Kazooies next, and then probably Super Mario 64.

And then on the way home, I grabbed a Wario figure from Target.  First I actually seen the figure in the stores around here, though I believe it isn't just released.

spac316

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2015, 02:04:41 pm »
Recent pick ups!
I got Road Rash 3D for PS1, Sly Cooper 3 for PS2, Geist and Super Mario Strikers for GameCube and Monster Party for NES!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 02:12:05 pm by spac316 »

jcalder8

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2015, 03:26:24 pm »
And then on the way home, I grabbed a Wario figure from Target.  First I actually seen the figure in the stores around here, though I believe it isn't just released.

I have been looking for that Wario for a long time!

« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2015, 03:58:18 pm »
I have been looking for that Wario for a long time

I hadn't seen it anywhere till today when there was like 3 or 4 there.  Usually I keep an eye out for Link since he's so rare which helps to get them out to folks in my area, but was happily surprised to see Wario there cause I've been wanting a proper Wario figure for abit.

karyann

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2015, 06:26:26 pm »
Had one of the most epic, incredible finds of my collecting life yesterday. I travelled to a town about an hour away from me that has the best game store in the entire state as far as I'm concerned. Excellent prices, excellent selection, everything you'd want in a game store pretty much. I usually head down there three times a year, and always come home with some good stuff, but nothing could prepare me for what they had during my visit yesterday.

I went to their display case where they keep all their rarer games and spied a ton of PS1 games I was after, all for very good prices! While browsing the store some more I found everything else, also relatively low in price. While I did spend a lot on my trip, I paid about 40% less than what I would have paid for all of this stuff on Ebay, so definitely not complaining! Most of all I obtained my great white buffalo, The Misadventures of Tron Bonne for a price that rivals its loose price on Ebay. It is in like new condition which makes the deal even better :)

The final picture are some hookups from a good friend and local collector in the area who I met up with later that day. He gave me something else really awesome as well, but I'll have to post it later after I've made room for it. Overall, it was one of, if not the best trip I've had to this town, and just an awesome day overall :D

That's some awesome loot! I just got Monster Rancher 3 too haha  ;D

I just saw my best friend yesterday and we finally could give each other our Christmas gifts... I've been pretty spoiled! A Mario Bros 3 comic book, and many games:

Playstation
Final Fantasy Tactics
Monster Rancher: Battle Card Episode II

Playstation 2
Monster Rancher 3
Monster Rancher 4

Nintendo DS
Magical Starsign

Nintendo 3DS
Cooking Mama 4: Kitchen Magic

NES
Faxanadu

Edit: Holy damn, how could I not think of adding this here.  :o I must be more tired than I thought! Just look at this baby!

The number is big, but it looks good; ends with a 0 :P
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 06:40:24 pm by karyann »

pacpix

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2015, 09:54:06 pm »
That PS4 looks awesome Karyann!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2015, 10:07:33 pm »
That PS4 looks awesome Karyann!

My thoughts exactly :)

devancowan

« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2015, 11:40:13 pm »

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2015, 12:01:10 am »
:o

Awesome PS4, karyann!

Please check out the games I have for sale.

soera

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2015, 01:08:11 am »
I want that controller Karyann!!! :D

« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2015, 10:41:45 am »
Hope you didn't pay a ba-billion dollars for it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2015, 12:02:11 pm »

Congrats on getting a game in your top 10 wishlist!

« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2015, 05:14:22 pm »

Congrats on getting a game in your top 10 wishlist!

Thank you :).

It was still expensive as shit, but it was probably the best price I'll ever see it go for, unless of course I get super lucky and run across it in a $1 CD bin or something. Just happy to finally have it after wanting it for about 4-years now.