Author Topic: Coming soon...looking for feedback.  (Read 9649 times)

Re: Coming soon...looking for feedback.
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2015, 07:29:32 pm »
Looks good! The only thing I might change is put the title of the game below the image because some of the box art has obscured name, esp on NES games, lol!
Or in Japanese! haha

matt

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2015, 09:48:09 pm »
Hey Matt,

Looks good so far. You know what would look amazing... if we could display our games on a faux wooden shelf ( I believe we had this feature WAY back when).   That would be the bomb-diggity! ;)

oh and sorting by Letter of the alphabet would be great too  ;D

thanks for all the hard work brotha!

That was WAY back then. This new display unfortunately won't look as cool as that but it will allow us to start adding some other cool functions.

soera

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2015, 11:11:11 pm »
I seriously miss the fake wooden shelf. Made me feel like my collection on here was really on display.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2015, 12:45:09 am »
Doesn't another one of the collecting sites/apps use a fake wooden shelf? If I remember correctly from MetalJesus' video. When I saw it on there i didn't like the look of it but I can see how some people would like it. Made me feel like I was at a Blockbuster.

davifus

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2015, 12:55:19 am »
Doesn't another one of the collecting sites/apps use a fake wooden shelf? If I remember correctly from MetalJesus' video. When I saw it on there i didn't like the look of it but I can see how some people would like it. Made me feel like I was at a Blockbuster.

Its a mac exclusive
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2015, 12:57:00 pm »

Its a mac exclusive

Darkadia does that. I don't have a Mac and I use it. However if VGCollect started doing it here, I would dump that site in an instant. I only use it for it's superficial looks, lol.

gf78

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2015, 01:47:15 pm »
A shelf view would be fantastic.  The ability to toggle info on/off would be nice too and as someone already mentioned, publisher/developer data. 

Otherwise, I think everything is pretty nice.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

matt

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2015, 08:24:55 pm »
A shelf view would be fantastic.  The ability to toggle info on/off would be nice too and as someone already mentioned, publisher/developer data. 

Devs and pubs are back!

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2015, 09:01:48 pm »
Looks good! The only thing I might change is put the title of the game below the image because some of the box art has obscured name, esp on NES games, lol!
Or in Japanese! haha
日本語 (Japanese language-Nihongo) Gotta Love it.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2015, 09:03:29 pm »

You should also be able to choose which games show the spine or the front of the case. And if you have a box/case.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

foxhack

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2015, 02:23:23 pm »
We'd need to have a separate spine scan. That's a bit... um, too much, what about items that don't have spines? (Digital games, swag, etc.)

spac316

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2015, 06:16:55 pm »
It's a nice option if people want to use this lay out. But I'll stick with the list personally.
Do what you like though.  :)

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2015, 04:25:25 am »
looks like the wooden shelves would be a HUGE hit!  It would look just like the awesome Mac only software called "Delicious Library".  I would pay for that feature! ;) now there's an idea.

rayne315

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2015, 02:09:20 pm »
Matt i love the idea of the shelf view but with it should come an option of how many youd like to display per page and maybe add little icons for game/item, case, manuel, and complete. to allow you to check the status of the items in a collection at a glance.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2015, 02:30:13 pm »
I'm dying for the shelf view!

..and I'm kinda sad that the badges for reaching milestones in your collection aren't working for me.   :'(
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us