Author Topic: Total $ Spent on your Collection [Feature Request]  (Read 2791 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Total $ Spent on your Collection [Feature Request]
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2015, 01:54:09 pm »
just for your personal notes/record-keeping; as I've said: 10 different people could, very easily, have 10 different prices there...for the same game - making a "1 size fits all" approach to something like this almost impossible & meaningless - when everyone can (and usually does) get the same games @ very different prices.

TL;DR  It's just there for you ;)

I mentioned a fix for this in an earlier post. My comic collecting software has a "Total Cover Price" section that automatically has the retail prices fixed. And then there's also a "Total Price Paid", which is optional and you can enter your own values. Both sections stay separated with separate values. The same system could be used for games.

That's exactly my point, though...

...games (except for new releases coming out @ the MSRP), don't *HAVE* "fixed" retail prices :o

Ten retail stores could be listing it for 10 different retail prices & that's not even factoring in Black label vs GH, variants, LE's of the same game, the same game on multiple platforms, game condition, existence & condition of case, manual, swag/extras, OST's, artbooks, etc and sealed vs un-sealed (which can be vastly different #'s) --and-- since *I* think that it's just silly & a waste of money...I'm not even counting the "graded" vs non-graded & the # of the grading :-\

There's just TOO many variables to make that work *especially* on a collector's site like this where 20 people can own the game _____ and, each have a different value & worth because of...variables 8)

Same as comics. Comics get sold at different prices, too. I'm talking the original suggested retail price from the manufacturer. Which is often $50-$60. Brand new games, in the plastic wrap, are generally sold for the same price across the board at department stores, game stores, and electronic shops. Same as brand-new comics. It's when they're used or have been out for a while that discrepancies come in, or in non-retail situations (same as comics).
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 01:56:44 pm by burningdoom »