Author Topic: My Personal Opinion: After 14 years & 3 consoles, I hate Xbox  (Read 12205 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: My Personal Opinion: After 14 years & 3 consoles, I hate Xbox
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2015, 10:00:23 am »
How quickly people forget this is all opinion and start counting numbers and comparing them like there is something to prove. I don't care if it's exclusive or not, Japanese or action, Xbox had a competent RPG department, as well it was more than competent in many other areas. I don't quite buy that you can't find a single good reason to like Xbox. Unless you're the type to say you also hate Nintendo. Some people only like one console because it caters to their specific tastes more than anything else.

Stating that you hate Xbox and then fighting tooth and nail to prove it has not a single RPG good enough for you personally sort of reveals a vendetta. Who wants to admit there is a single redeeming quality to something they've declared they hate? Your story is that you hate it, and now it becomes your mission.

I don't really care if you hate it or not, there is no sense in arguing what someone has already made up their mind about.

hush now...

...grownups talking here :-X
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2015, 10:42:37 am »
Whelp, that made me laugh out loud. XD

gf78

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2015, 11:05:17 am »
LOL.   ;D
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

davifus

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2015, 11:12:33 am »
I got it guys!

Die flame war! Die
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2015, 11:51:42 am »
Whelp, that made me laugh out loud. XD

I owed you one.

or two.

doesn't count unless coffee was nasally expelled, though  :P

kashell

« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2015, 11:58:01 am »
Mmm...firemen. They can use their hose on my any day.

@dark: No, no coffee was harmed in the laughing of this comment. XD But it would have been if I were drinking it at the time.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2015, 09:17:34 am »

so feisty,

so fiercely flagrant,

so, (should go w/o saying that) I approve  ;D

kashy - memory test, I dunno...a year ago, 2 or 3 years ago - I don't remember *but* you used a word (or a phrase) for/that means

"talking shit"; "talking smack"; etc...something like that - whatever, I remember thinking it cute, kitschy, and I'd never heard it before -

do ya remember what it was/what I'm talking about (maybe it was even "shooting the shit" or "gossiping", or some such...

kashell

« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2015, 08:17:07 am »

so feisty,

so fiercely flagrant,

kashy - memory test, I dunno...a year ago, 2 or 3 years ago - I don't remember *but* you used a word (or a phrase) for/that means

"talking shit"; "talking smack"; etc...something like that - whatever, I remember thinking it cute, kitschy, and I'd never heard it before -

do ya remember what it was/what I'm talking about (maybe it was even "shooting the shit" or "gossiping", or some such...

I think you're referring to one of my most favorite terms of all time:

Throwing shade.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2015, 08:20:19 am »

so feisty,

so fiercely flagrant,

Throwing shade.

That's the one!

bobster

« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2015, 09:43:02 am »

so feisty,

so fiercely flagrant,

Throwing shade.
I keep hearing that phrase all of a sudden. I guess it's caught on. Makes me feel old cause I don't really understand it :(.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

kashell

« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2015, 10:23:52 am »

so feisty,

so fiercely flagrant,

Throwing shade.
I keep hearing that phrase all of a sudden. I guess it's caught on. Makes me feel old cause I don't really understand it :(.

It's been around since (at least) the late 1980s but sort of came back to relevance around 2009. Don't worry, it's not that common of a term in every day life. ^^

bobster

« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2015, 10:36:34 am »

so feisty,

so fiercely flagrant,

Throwing shade.

It's been around since (at least) the late 1980s but sort of came back to relevance around 2009. Don't worry, it's not that common of a term in every day life. ^^
Yeahhh I usually only see it on gossip sites. I think I saw it on Jezebel or something lol. Then it popped up in an episode of Parks and Rec. I get the idea, but it seemed out of nowhere when I started hearing it lol.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2015, 11:32:27 am »
I've only ever seen it/heard about it, in one of kashy's posts from a long time ago.

I just remembered the other day that it was *something* but - I didn't know what  :o

bobster,

bobster,

bobster,

bobster...

...what in the world are we to make of your post?!

- the only thing worse & less humiliating than going to "gossip" *cringes* sites...

...would have to be:

a).  admitting to it publically,

b).  knowing the "sites" by *cringes again* name, and wost of all

c).  putting it out there, into the public domain - in the permanently, eternal void known as the internet - under *dies a little inside* (close enough to) your real name; that you both frequent said sites AND do so frequently enough to call them by name :-[

*sterilizes keyboard*  :P

bobster

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2015, 11:35:40 am »
I've only ever seen it/heard about it, in one of kashy's posts from a long time ago.

I just remembered the other day that it was *something* but - I didn't know what  :o

bobster,

bobster,

bobster,

bobster...

- the only thing worse & less humiliating than going to "gossip" *cringes* sites...

...would have to be:

c).  putting it out there, into the public domain - in the permanently, eternal void known as the internet - under *dies a little inside* (close enough to) your real name; that you both frequent said sites AND do so frequently enough to call them by name :-[

I know it is a terrible sin! Admitting it publicly is probably not something I should have done, but the damage is already there. My only excuse is that Kotaku and Lifehacker like to cross post stuff from there occasionally and I look at an article every once in a while  :-[. That occasionally leads me to Jalopnik too which learns me a thing or two about cars lol.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2015, 11:38:08 am »

bobster,

bobster,

bobster,

bobster...

...would have to be:

I know it is a terrible sin! Admitting it publicly is probably not something I should have done, but the damage is already there. My only excuse is that Kotaku and Lifehacker like to cross post stuff from there occasionally and I look at an article every once in a while  :-[. That occasionally leads me to Jalopnik too which learns me a thing or two about cars lol.

A blunder of epic proportions, indeed!
 ;D