Author Topic: My Personal Opinion: After 14 years & 3 consoles, I hate Xbox  (Read 11843 times)

gf78

Re: My Personal Opinion: After 14 years & 3 consoles, I hate Xbox
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2015, 02:39:03 pm »
Oh, and the fact that my original Xbox crapped out on me.  And that the 360 was a colossal hunk of poorly engineered junk.  And that the Xbox One is the weakest system spec-wise and it shows?
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2015, 03:05:18 pm »

Uhm...You do realize that Both Dark Alliance games, Demon Stone, Marvel Ultimate Alliance and X-Men Legends 1 & 2 were all on the PS2 as well, right?  And I'm not taking personal taste into account, but Azurik was panned by like, everyone?

So exclusive-wise, you are left with:
-Arx Fatalis
-Azurik
-Dungeons & Dragon: Heroes
-Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
-Fable
-Jade Empire
-Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2

I think PS2 pretty much crushed Xbox in the RPG department.  But again, that's just my personal opinion.

You said "blew the Xbox out of the water in the RPG department both East & West". That's a bold statement to make. Especially since that's still more action-RPGs than PS2.

And you say "you are left with" as if those are bad games or something. Fable, Star Wars KOTOR, and Morrowind are 3 of the greatest RPGs or even games of that generation. Morrowind alone was a game with a depth and size that not a single PS2 action-RPG could come close to. You can put 100 hours into it and still be finding new content.

Like I said, JRPGs are one thing. With the FFs, Tales of, Star Ocean, and on and on, XBox was completely shut out. But PS2 didn't touch XBox in the action-RPGs.

I meant no insult with "you are left with."  It was more or less to say that half the games you listed are available on the PS2 as well.  You also neglect PS2 action-RPG's like Champions of Norath, Champions:  Return to Arms, Deus Ex and King's Field 4 which all fit the bill for your type of RPG...and that's just off the top of my head.  I'm sure I could find you several more if I had the time.  So, just off the top of my head, you have a whopping FOUR more action RPG's and you already admit that as far as traditional RPG's go, the Xbox was completely shut-out. 

I'm not going to try and take anything away for the Knights games or Jade Empire.  Those are golden.  Fable some like, some don't and Azurik is a plain POS.  And regardless of taste, I'm sure that with the literally HUNDREDS of RPG's released for the PS2, even the most discerning Xbox fan could find a dozen or more that they thought was great.

You're completely ignoring the point I've been making since the beginning. I never said Xbox had more "RPGs", since my first post I've been saying PS2 has more JRPGs. I'm saying Xbox has more quality "action-RPGs", specifically those only. The console is known for action-RPGs and FPS. That's why people bought it.

I'm not ignoring your point.  I listed four PS2-exclusive action RPG's off the top of my head without even looking anything up on a list.  If no other single action RPG existed on the PS2 which is highly doubtful, the Xbox action RPG list you made means the Xbox only had four more action RPG's than the PS2.  Again, this is highly doubtful given that literally thousands of games were released at retail for the PS2.  So my point stands.

In addition, six of those eight Xbox action RPG exclusives in your list are available on the PC.  So if you want to talk truly exclusive, Xbox has two truly exclusive titles from your action RPG list which are Azurik and Dungeons & Dragons Heroes, whereas the PS2 had three truly exclusive action RPG titles in the form of Champions of Norath, Champions Return to Arms and King's Field 4.

Azurik for Xbox:  A turd that X-play rated "the 3rd worst game on Xbox" and has pretty bad review scores altogether.
Dungeons & Dragons Heroes for Xbox:  6.6 rating..can't look up Metacritic at work

Champions of Norath for PS2:  85.2% Metacritic average according to Wikipedia
Champions:  Return to Arms for the PS2:  can't look up Metacritic.  again...at work. 
King's Field 4 for the PS2:  6.5/10 from Game Informer

Just as well, the notion that the only place to play good FPS is on Xbox is a misnomer. Completely untrue.  I stick with my notion that after 14 years & 3 consoles, I hate Xbox.

I never said PS2 was the only place to find them, did I? I said people bought XBoxes for action-RPGs and FPS.

But here's a more expanded list for you that I can think of, I just listed the ones I owned in my original list:

-Arx Fatalis
-Azurik
-Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1 & 2
-The Bard's Tale
-Demon Stone
-Digimon 4
-Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes
-Fable
-Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel
-Jade Empire
-Justice League: Heroes
-Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
-Marvel Ultimate Alliance
-Morrowind (and this game alone puts Xbox's action-RPGs in a league ahead of PS2, not a single game in it's library can touch it's size and scope)
-Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2
-Sudeki
-X-Men Legends 1 & 2

...but all those games just sucked, huh? You're not in a blind denial about action-RPGs because you hate Xbox, huh?

Not liking Xbox is one thing, that's your opinion. But give the devil it's due. It's a well-known fact that Xbox was sold on action-RPGs and FPS, it's not just a personal opinion. If those genres aren't your cup of tea, that's fine with me. But I do like action-RPGs and that was most-definitely a selling point on the system for me and my buddies (well, that and being able to play Halo against each other).

Meh, almost all of those got PS2 releases & some of them were tri-plat, and came out on the GC too.

I've *never* seen/heard anyone other than you say and/or think that *any* M$ system had more and/or better RPGs (of any kind), than its competing Sony system.

I don't hate the original XBox or the 360 (M$ really *did* reinforce my dislike, disinterest, & apathy for them as a serious/legitimate company & competitor, though), with their "vision" & their intentions of, what the exBone would be, do, not do, allow, restrict, and how - in M$' perfect little world - it would work and operate, if they had their druthers.  ???

Even though I very much prefer Sony over M$, I'll still admit, acknowledge, and give some credit where credit is due - and concede that there were indeed - games/types of games that M$ has had more of --and-- there were/are types of games that, historically, M$ has done better & done more justice to, than Sony ever did.

You are right though - in that - we're all entitled to our own opinions & preferences here and, that what anyone & everyone here chooses to love, hate, and/or ignore...means nothing to me and, bothers & affects me, not even an iota's iota of an iota; my advice to all would be to keep on playing whatever they like, on whatever system they like, wherever & whenever they like ;D

*BUT*

Your statements about the number of (here - I won't even bother mentioning or considering the 'quality' of the games, as that *IS* objective, and is *NOT* factual)...

...kinda' like your statements & assertions concerning the ("Action" even, if you like:), RPG libraries of the PS2 vs. the original Xbox - the Xbox did not and does not have more/better RPG's (with any prefix) than the PS2.

*This* is not objective, and this IS factual; next time - pretty please, with a kinect on top, do some more research, fact checking, and comparisons...before posting inaccurate + unsubstantiated  opinions & wishes as facts.

mmmkay?  ;)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 03:09:39 pm by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2015, 03:15:38 pm »
I will admit that I still do have my original ex-box and I have Morrowind and D&D heroes. Morrowind single handedly was the reason my ex left me. I was obsessed with playing it with every moment I wasnt at work.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2015, 04:03:06 pm »

Uhm...You do realize that Both Dark Alliance games, Demon Stone, Marvel Ultimate Alliance and X-Men Legends 1 & 2 were all on the PS2 as well, right?  And I'm not taking personal taste into account, but Azurik was panned by like, everyone?

So exclusive-wise, you are left with:
-Arx Fatalis
-Azurik
-Dungeons & Dragon: Heroes
-Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
-Fable
-Jade Empire

I think PS2 pretty much crushed Xbox in the RPG department.  But again, that's just my personal opinion.

You said "blew the Xbox out of the water in the RPG department both East & West". That's a bold statement to make. Especially since that's still more action-RPGs than PS2.

And you say "you are left with" as if those are bad games or something. Fable, Star Wars KOTOR, and Morrowind are 3 of the greatest RPGs or even games of that generation. Morrowind alone was a game with a depth and size that not a single PS2 action-RPG could come close to. You can put 100 hours into it and still be finding new content.

Like I said, JRPGs are one thing. With the FFs, Tales of, Star Ocean, and on and on, XBox was completely shut out. But PS2 didn't touch XBox in the action-RPGs.

I meant no insult with "you are left with."  It was more or less to say that half the games you listed are available on the PS2 as well.  You also neglect PS2 action-RPG's like Champions of Norath, Champions:  Return to Arms, Deus Ex and King's Field 4 which all fit the bill for your type of RPG...and that's just off the top of my head.  I'm sure I could find you several more if I had the time.  So, just off the top of my head, you have a whopping FOUR more action RPG's and you already admit that as far as traditional RPG's go, the Xbox was completely shut-out. 

I'm not going to try and take anything away for the Knights games or Jade Empire.  Those are golden.  Fable some like, some don't and Azurik is a plain POS.  And regardless of taste, I'm sure that with the literally HUNDREDS of RPG's released for the PS2, even the most discerning Xbox fan could find a dozen or more that they thought was great.

You're completely ignoring the point I've been making since the beginning. I never said Xbox had more "RPGs", since my first post I've been saying PS2 has more JRPGs. I'm saying Xbox has more quality "action-RPGs", specifically those only. The console is known for action-RPGs and FPS. That's why people bought it.

I'm not ignoring your point.  I listed four PS2-exclusive action RPG's off the top of my head without even looking anything up on a list.  If no other single action RPG existed on the PS2 which is highly doubtful, the Xbox action RPG list you made means the Xbox only had four more action RPG's than the PS2.  Again, this is highly doubtful given that literally thousands of games were released at retail for the PS2.  So my point stands.

In addition, six of those eight Xbox action RPG exclusives in your list are available on the PC.  So if you want to talk truly exclusive, Xbox has two truly exclusive titles from your action RPG list which are Azurik and Dungeons & Dragons Heroes, whereas the PS2 had three truly exclusive action RPG titles in the form of Champions of Norath, Champions Return to Arms and King's Field 4.

Azurik for Xbox:  A turd that X-play rated "the 3rd worst game on Xbox" and has pretty bad review scores altogether.
Dungeons & Dragons Heroes for Xbox:  6.6 rating..can't look up Metacritic at work

Champions of Norath for PS2:  85.2% Metacritic average according to Wikipedia
Champions:  Return to Arms for the PS2:  can't look up Metacritic.  again...at work. 
King's Field 4 for the PS2:  6.5/10 from Game Informer

Just as well, the notion that the only place to play good FPS is on Xbox is a misnomer. Completely untrue.  I stick with my notion that after 14 years & 3 consoles, I hate Xbox.

I never said PS2 was the only place to find them, did I? I said people bought XBoxes for action-RPGs and FPS.

But here's a more expanded list for you that I can think of, I just listed the ones I owned in my original list:

-Arx Fatalis
-Azurik
-The Bard's Tale
-Demon Stone
-Digimon 4
-Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes
-Fable
-Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel
-Jade Empire
-Justice League: Heroes
-Marvel Ultimate Alliance
-Morrowind (and this game alone puts Xbox's action-RPGs in a league ahead of PS2, not a single game in it's library can touch it's size and scope)
-Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2
-Sudeki
-X-Men Legends 1 & 2

...but all those games just sucked, huh? You're not in a blind denial about action-RPGs because you hate Xbox, huh?

Not liking Xbox is one thing, that's your opinion. But give the devil it's due. It's a well-known fact that Xbox was sold on action-RPGs and FPS, it's not just a personal opinion. If those genres aren't your cup of tea, that's fine with me. But I do like action-RPGs and that was most-definitely a selling point on the system for me and my buddies (well, that and being able to play Halo against each other).

Meh, almost all of those got PS2 releases & some of them were tri-plat, and came out on the GC too.

I've *never* seen/heard anyone other than you say and/or think that *any* M$ system had more and/or better RPGs (of any kind), than its competing Sony system.

I don't hate the original XBox or the 360 (M$ really *did* reinforce my dislike, disinterest, & apathy for them as a serious/legitimate company & competitor, though), with their "vision" & their intentions of, what the exBone would be, do, not do, allow, restrict, and how - in M$' perfect little world - it would work and operate, if they had their druthers.  ???

Even though I very much prefer Sony over M$, I'll still admit, acknowledge, and give some credit where credit is due - and concede that there were indeed - games/types of games that M$ has had more of --and-- there were/are types of games that, historically, M$ has done better & done more justice to, than Sony ever did.

You are right though - in that - we're all entitled to our own opinions & preferences here and, that what anyone & everyone here chooses to love, hate, and/or ignore...means nothing to me and, bothers & affects me, not even an iota's iota of an iota; my advice to all would be to keep on playing whatever they like, on whatever system they like, wherever & whenever they like ;D

*BUT*

Your statements about the number of (here - I won't even bother mentioning or considering the 'quality' of the games, as that *IS* objective, and is *NOT* factual)...

...kinda' like your statements & assertions concerning the ("Action" even, if you like:), RPG libraries of the PS2 vs. the original Xbox - the Xbox did not and does not have more/better RPG's (with any prefix) than the PS2.

*This* is not objective, and this IS factual; next time - pretty please, with a kinect on top, do some more research, fact checking, and comparisons...before posting inaccurate + unsubstantiated  opinions & wishes as facts.

mmmkay?  ;)

Then please, show us the list of all these great action-RPGs on PS2 that are better than XBox. Even a single game in PS2's library that comes close to the scope of Morrowind. And again, like I keep having to point out like EVERY SINGLE POST IN THIS THREAD!!!, never did I say or insinuate that it has more or better RPGs in general than PS2, I'm focusing on the non-JRPGs only and have been since the first time someone said that Xbox is crap for RPGs. It's not crap for RPGs unless you're just the type that only plays anime-style RPGs. It's fan-freaking-tastic for people that enjoy RPGs of the Western variety.

And please, like this entire thread isn't just an opinion on how much you guys want to crap on Xbox. If you guys can't admit that it had good action-RPGs, then you guys really are that stubborn and blind towards a console no matter how much you want to deny it. There's plenty of exclusives in that list. Plenty that are DAMN GOOD.

kashell

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2015, 04:23:24 pm »
I think this thread needs a few more "IMOs" to tone down the frustration. XD

Morrowind might have been a great game, but it doesn't make it the Xbox's ace in the hole for having better action RPGs. I never tried Jade Empire, but it was anything like Fable I have no intention of doing so.

IMO.

tpugmire

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2015, 04:43:15 pm »
I've come to the conclusion long ago that the Xbox just isn't for me. Granted, I did come in fairly late, but there isn't much that interests me.

As an example:
I own two original xboxes (both given to me for free) and one game. I have yet to find a reason to keep it hooked up.
I own a Star Wars Xbox 360 that was a gift. I own like 5 games, two of which came with the console. Again, I can't find much that interests me. However, I have many downloadable games from Xbox Live, so there is that.

By comparison, I own several Wii and WiiU games, I'm just a Nintendo and Atari kind of guy (old).  That's not me being a fanboy or anything like that. It's just something I came to realize about my tastes.

I should also mention that I haven't owned a Playstation since my PS2. Again, I see no reason for me to buy a PS3 or PS4. Just not my cup of tea.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 04:50:14 pm by tpugmire »
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2015, 04:49:16 pm »
Just to be clear for everyone, I don't hate PS2. I just don't think the Xbox deserves a lot of the hate it receives. And I feel that the Xbox being crap for RPGs just isn't true, if you like action-RPGs.

But PS2 has some amazing JRPGs. Legaia 2: Duel-Saga is an undersung gem. I just started getting into the stellar Dragon Quest VIII. And I adore King's Field: The Ancient City (which is an action-RPG), as I do the rest of that series. I never was big into the FF series, though.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2015, 06:37:56 pm »
We get it.

Morrowind was great.

So was KotOR.

And, from what I've heard - Jade Empire's good & Fable's a love it or hate it kind of game.

That's about it, though.

When it comes to Xbox RPG's - that's about it.

Off of the top of my head, PS2 also had:

Dark Cloud,

Dark (Chronicle) Cloud 2,

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1 and 2,

Steambot Chronicles,

Ephemeral Fantasia, ;)

both Raido Kuzonoa Devil Summoner games,

Baroque,

Dawn of Mana,

Front Mission 4,

Gladius,

Grandia Xtreme,

2 or 3 Growlanser games,

King's Field,

Magna Carta,

Okage: Shadow King,

Rogue Galaxy,

at least 3 different 'Shining' games,

2 Summoner games,

Tales of the Abyss & Legendia,

Legend of Legaia,

Bard's Tale,

LotR 3rd Age,

Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria,

2(?) Phantasy Star games, and

Odin Sphere...

off of the top of my head, for some ARPG's.

No, most of your list weren't exclusives -

and...

No.

Xbox wouldn't have been the go-to console (even for the ARPG's that you keep bringing up) for RPG's of any variety.

It would have, however - been the go-to console for RPG fans who wanted to play the 3 or 4 Big/very good & well received ARPG's, that the PS2 didn't get :P

IMO  8)

kashell

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2015, 06:41:15 pm »
We get it.

Morrowind was great.

So was KotOR.

And, from what I've heard - Jade Empire's good & Fable's a love it or hate it kind of game.

That's about it, though.

Dark Cloud,

Steambot Chronicles,

Ephemeral Fantasia, ;) <3

Baroque,

Dawn of Mana,

Front Mission 4,

Gladius,

Grandia Xtreme,

2 or 3 Growlanser games,

King's Field,

Magna Carta,

Rogue Galaxy,

2 Summoner games,

Legaia 2: Duel Saga,

Bard's Tale,

LotR 3rd Age,

Odin Sphere...

and...

No.

Xbox wouldn't have been the go-to console (even for the ARPG's that you keep bringing up) for RPG's of any variety.

It would have, however - been the go-to console for RPG fans who wanted to play the 3 or 4 Big/very good & well received ARPG's, that the PS2 didn't get :P

IMO  8)

Fixed that for you. And let's not forget Dual Hearts.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2015, 07:58:29 pm »
We get it.

Morrowind was great.

So was KotOR.

That's about it, though.

Dark Cloud,

Steambot Chronicles,

Ephemeral Fantasia, ;)

Baroque,

Dawn of Mana,

Front Mission 4,

Gladius,

Grandia Xtreme,

2 or 3 Growlanser games,

King's Field,

Magna Carta,

Rogue Galaxy,

2 Summoner games,

Legend of Legaia,

Bard's Tale,

LotR 3rd Age,

Odin Sphere...

and...

No.

IMO  8)

I stand corrected on the amount of PS2 action-RPGs, I didn't even know about some of those. I simply don't do strategy games, so I completely left those out. I did the same with strategy games on the XBox side of things too, though.

But I'm not gonna concede on the quality of the action-RPGs on XBox, especially to someone that says they only "heard" about which ones were good or not.

Let me point out some good XBox exclusive RPGs since you think only 3 exist worth playing:

-Arx Fatalis  - If you like Ultima: Underworld, you'll love this modern-update of that gameplay.
-Blackstone & Magic - Another Diablo clone, but I love those.
-Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes - Hack-n-slash RPG in the vein of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. Very addicting.
-Fable - When the game came out, it was one of the most ambitious games ever made. The world is highly-detailed and interactive. There's so much to do to keep you busy. And you can get very unique and personal in how your character looks and acts. I'm not sure where the "love it or hate it" is coming from. Obviously not EVERYONE is gonna like any single game. But I'd think scores in the 9s means it was generally well-received by most people.
-Jade Empire - Quite unique in it's setting and gameplay. Focuses on Feudal China as well as martial arts and mystical arts. It has a great morality system, too.
-Morrowind - Best RPG of that generation, bar-none, IMO. I put hour upon hours upon hours into that game, and there was still plenty of unexplored regions.
-Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2 - Not exclusive, but also not on PS2.
-Shin Megami Tensei Nine - I haven't played this, to tell the truth. But I've heard some fanatic fans of this series.
-Star Wars: KOTOR 1 & 2 - I think we all know about this awesome RPG series. Bioware is awesome.
-Sudeki - An overlooked gem of an action-RPG with a complex battle-system and very soft and pleasing graphics.

And since you seem so hung on exclusives and all, you realize you're list has games also on XBox, too, right?

-Bard's Tale
-Gladius

In the end, I think we both come from two completely different tastes in RPGs. You seem to enjoy Japanese-style RPGs and strategy-RPGs. I seem to gear towards hack-n-slash and action-RPGs like Baldur's Gate, Elder Scrolls, and King's Field type games.

But the fact still stands that there's plenty of great action-RPGs on XBox. It is NOT crap for RPGs, unless you are the type looking for JRPGs. A Western-RPG is still an RPG.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 08:00:28 pm by burningdoom »

kashell

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2015, 08:38:52 pm »
Sudeki? As in, "You can't resist my healing kiss" Sudeki? Dear god...I'm happy you enjoyed that game, but...man I found nothing redeeming about that title. I felt bad that my brother bought it on release day. He did, too.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2015, 08:40:58 pm »
Sudeki? As in, "You can't resist my healing kiss" Sudeki? Dear god...I'm happy you enjoyed that game, but...man I found nothing redeeming about that title. I felt bad that my brother bought it on release day. He did, too.

lol, yeah, the game was a bit sexist.

Warmsignal

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2015, 02:59:39 am »
How quickly people forget this is all opinion and start counting numbers and comparing them like there is something to prove. I don't care if it's exclusive or not, Japanese or action, Xbox had a competent RPG department, as well it was more than competent in many other areas. I don't quite buy that you can't find a single good reason to like Xbox. Unless you're the type to say you also hate Nintendo. Some people only like one console because it caters to their specific tastes more than anything else.

Stating that you hate Xbox and then fighting tooth and nail to prove it has not a single RPG good enough for you personally sort of reveals a vendetta. Who wants to admit there is a single redeeming quality to something they've declared they hate? Your story is that you hate it, and now it becomes your mission.

I don't really care if you hate it or not, there is no sense in arguing what someone has already made up their mind about.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2015, 07:41:30 am »
Burning -

I intentionally left quality out as being subjective,

of course I realize that some games on my list weren't PS2 exclusives...I pulled em from your previous list of Xbox games :-[

i don't hate xbox, never said it only had crap games, or - ever even said its rpgs were all crap.

simply pointed out that it didn't outdo the ps2 at all with rpgs

even said it did outdo the ps2 on other fronts, too.

And, honestly - as a long time gamer & collector, I've never even heard of some games on your list :P

I'm thinking that - if you go to any big gaming site and click on

PS2 ===> RPGs ===> Action

and

do the same for xbox...that #'s don't lie

nothing personal, though - not hating the xbox & seeing that, for gamers with different preferences of genres, it would clearly be the better suited console for them than the ps2...just not rpgs ;D
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 07:43:41 am by disgaeniac »

gf78

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2015, 09:10:08 am »
How quickly people forget this is all opinion and start counting numbers and comparing them like there is something to prove. I don't care if it's exclusive or not, Japanese or action, Xbox had a competent RPG department, as well it was more than competent in many other areas. I don't quite buy that you can't find a single good reason to like Xbox. Unless you're the type to say you also hate Nintendo. Some people only like one console because it caters to their specific tastes more than anything else.

Stating that you hate Xbox and then fighting tooth and nail to prove it has not a single RPG good enough for you personally sort of reveals a vendetta. Who wants to admit there is a single redeeming quality to something they've declared they hate? Your story is that you hate it, and now it becomes your mission.

I don't really care if you hate it or not, there is no sense in arguing what someone has already made up their mind about.

I didn't start the numbers game.  I started this thread under "general discussion" to express my own opinions of Microsoft and the Xbox brand.  I even said it was an opinion piece and the only time I engaged in a discussion of the quality and quantity of the action RPG's on the system was to point out that many on the list were not exclusive, one of the exclusives was panned by critics and gamers alike and that the Bioware and Morrowind games were golden.  So that's what you call praise for good games and criticism for what you don't like.  At no time did I fight "tooth & nail" to discredit the games.  My personal opinion of Morrowind was that it was a buggy mess with a poor save system, bad collision detection and a boring world.  But that's my opinion and obviously the game is loved by many.  I didn't like Mario 64 or Zelda Ocarina of Time either but that's neither here nor there. 

I don't have a vendetta against Microsoft, but I won't support them and their anti-consumer ways.  It's as simple as that.  Obviously by the tone of your post, you feel the opposite and seem kinda butthurt by my comments.  Burningdoom stated that the Xbox absolutely had the most & best action RPG's of any competing system.  We discussed that back and forth.  Nothing more, nothing less.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us