Author Topic: Category/Platform Requests 2015  (Read 8457 times)

Re: Category/Platform Requests 2015
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2015, 06:41:51 am »
I don't see my requests in the list (probably my fault, I didn't make it clear, my bad :() anyway here are the ones I suggested, the Xbox Live is because it seems everything else the digital games are under a different category? Such as Playstation with PSN and Nintendo and their Eshop, also the 360 digital is under Xbox Live :).

Xbox Live

Xbox One [EU]
Xbox One [NA]

This is the current structure:

Xbox Live
    Xbox Live Arcade [EU]
    Xbox Live Arcade [NA]
    Xbox Live Games on Demand [EU]
    Xbox Live Games on Demand [NA]
    Xbox Live Indie Games [EU]
    Xbox Live Indie Games [NA]

Does Xbox Live for Xbox One also encompass the three different categories, Arcade, Games on Demand and Indie Games? If that is the case, could the new structure perhaps look something like this?

Xbox Live
    Xbox Live Arcade (Xbox 360) [EU]
    Xbox Live Arcade (Xbox One) [EU]
    Xbox Live Arcade (Xbox 360) [NA]
    Xbox Live Arcade (Xbox One) [NA]
    Xbox Live Games on Demand (Xbox 360) [EU]
    Xbox Live Games on Demand (Xbox One) [EU]
    Xbox Live Games on Demand (Xbox 360) [NA]
    Xbox Live Games on Demand (Xbox One) [NA]
    Xbox Live Indie Games (Xbox 360) [EU]
    Xbox Live Indie Games (Xbox One) [EU]
    Xbox Live Indie Games (Xbox 360) [NA]
    Xbox Live Indie Games (Xbox One) [NA]

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2015, 06:48:07 am »
Philips in2it
Game Master
Game Plus

Ive put some in the other categorie

The Philips in2it was an unreleased handheld that only exists as a rare prototype. Should this really have it's own category?

The Game Master and Game Plus are two variants of the same console, right? There must be some kind of "umbrella" name for them. I mean, it would be weird to have the following setup

Game Master
    Game Master HW
Game Plus
    Game Plus HW

And since the games are the same between the systems, where would you put them? I suppose then it would be easier to just have

Game Master
    Game Master HW
    Game Master [EU]

And also put the Game Plus in those categories. Right?

gamingpenguin

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2015, 10:33:14 am »
I don't see my requests in the list (probably my fault, I didn't make it clear, my bad :() anyway here are the ones I suggested, the Xbox Live is because it seems everything else the digital games are under a different category? Such as Playstation with PSN and Nintendo and their Eshop, also the 360 digital is under Xbox Live :).

Xbox Live

Xbox One [EU]
Xbox One [NA]

This is the current structure:

Xbox Live
    Xbox Live Arcade [EU]
    Xbox Live Arcade [NA]
    Xbox Live Games on Demand [EU]
    Xbox Live Games on Demand [NA]
    Xbox Live Indie Games [EU]
    Xbox Live Indie Games [NA]

Does Xbox Live for Xbox One also encompass the three different categories, Arcade, Games on Demand and Indie Games? If that is the case, could the new structure perhaps look something like this?

Xbox Live
    Xbox Live Arcade (Xbox 360) [EU]
    Xbox Live Arcade (Xbox One) [EU]
    Xbox Live Arcade (Xbox 360) [NA]
    Xbox Live Arcade (Xbox One) [NA]
    Xbox Live Games on Demand (Xbox 360) [EU]
    Xbox Live Games on Demand (Xbox One) [EU]
    Xbox Live Games on Demand (Xbox 360) [NA]
    Xbox Live Games on Demand (Xbox One) [NA]
    Xbox Live Indie Games (Xbox 360) [EU]
    Xbox Live Indie Games (Xbox One) [EU]
    Xbox Live Indie Games (Xbox 360) [NA]
    Xbox Live Indie Games (Xbox One) [NA]

This isn't the case with Xbox One games I believe, they went with 'a game is a game' approach, so there isn't games on demand, indie or arcade. The games on demand for the 360 are just retail games in digital form I believe? Correct me if I'm wrong, so I was requesting a way to separate Xbox one retail games from the digital games, because it seems that's the case with the other platforms? I could be completely wrong but that was the impression I got :)

tripredacus

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2015, 11:06:44 am »
I do not really see the need for the following category:

Sega CD Demo
http://vgcollect.com/browse/segacddemo

As far as I understand, Demo CDs are usually sorted under their respective [NA]/[EU] categories. I would vote for a removal of this category. Besides, it's empty so no ones feelings would be hurt  :)

I disagree on this. The demos sitting in the regular catagories are in the wrong place. They should be moved into the demo category, then it won't be empty.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2015, 01:22:55 pm »
Philips in2it
Game Master
Game Plus

Ive put some in the other categorie

The Philips in2it was an unreleased handheld that only exists as a rare prototype. Should this really have it's own category?

The Game Master and Game Plus are two variants of the same console, right? There must be some kind of "umbrella" name for them. I mean, it would be weird to have the following setup

Game Master
    Game Master HW
Game Plus
    Game Plus HW

And since the games are the same between the systems, where would you put them? I suppose then it would be easier to just have

Game Master
    Game Master HW
    Game Master [EU]

And also put the Game Plus in those categories. Right?

The in2it isnt as rare as posted on some sites on the internet. Some say there are 5, some say a 100, i say a 500-1000 at least. It is still rare afcourse but most sites dont have a clue. And i have 3 of them. And it isnt about the console, but the software ;).

The Game Master and Game plus aren't compatible. So the cartridge of the Game Plus doesnt fit the Game Master do they look the same.

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2015, 03:36:13 pm »

Sega CD Demo

As far as I understand, Demo CDs are usually sorted under their respective [NA]/[EU] categories. I would vote for a removal of this category. Besides, it's empty so no ones feelings would be hurt  :)

I disagree on this. The demos sitting in the regular catagories are in the wrong place. They should be moved into the demo category, then it won't be empty.

But, going by that Logic there should then be one "Demo" category for each Region right? When looking at the database now it seems that for every console that has a "Demo" category, it just says "Demo"

foxhack

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2015, 05:50:33 pm »
I asked for this before...

We need a DVD category under "other". Lots of American Laser Games titles were ported to DVD video and there's a bunch of other titles as well.

tripredacus

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2015, 10:54:48 am »

Sega CD Demo

But, going by that Logic there should then be one "Demo" category for each Region right? When looking at the database now it seems that for every console that has a "Demo" category, it just says "Demo"

Yes that is true... maybe it can be done (style wise) that all games in a Demo category (for any console) are default/presumed to be the US release, and any international releases should have the [CountryCode] in the title? Of course, this idea is me thinking that maybe the US demos are more numerous than other countries.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2015, 11:41:51 pm »
PC:
GameStop
Origin

Even though I hate Origin, doesn't it still count?  Also, even though GameStop's app does require one or the other to install and play certain games, there are games that you can download there straightaway.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

foxhack

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2015, 12:11:52 am »
PC:
GameStop
Origin

Even though I hate Origin, doesn't it still count?  Also, even though GameStop's app does require one or the other to install and play certain games, there are games that you can download there straightaway.

The only two sites that get their own categories are GOG and Steam, everyone else goes lumped into PC Digital. Some shops, like Gamestop, have their own DRMed up client for specific game downloads but other than that, they're the same game as everywhere. GOG and Steam get their own categories because of the sheer quantity of games available on each platform and the extras.

kevininja

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2015, 08:39:11 am »
How about a Gameboy Advance [AU] category?

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2015, 10:52:04 pm »
How about a Gameboy Advance [AU] category?

Hope it's not me who made you to request the Gameboy Advance [AU] category :P - since I have created multiple [AU] versions but had to put it under [EU] category :P

argyle

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2015, 09:58:57 pm »
Can we get an ASIA region section for PS3, PS4 and Vita? I've been entering mine under JP, but that isn't right - the ASIA versions are often fully in English.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2015, 03:51:16 am »
@Mods

It seems no new categories has been added since beginning of January 2015. Are there any plans to add requested categories? I have loads of stuff to add but I'm waiting for the new categories.

tripredacus

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2015, 06:50:44 pm »
Not a platform request per-se, but there is no ESRB GA rating that I see. Here is a game that has it:
http://vgcollect.com/item/8815