Author Topic: February 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 35561 times)

kashell

Re: February 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2015, 12:43:28 pm »
I think amiibos are bad for the environment, just like K-Cups or Skylander figures. Not everyone is a collector, so my guess is that a bunch of those will be pitched and the amount of plastic waste will skyrocket.

That said, I don't -hate- amiibos but I do -HATE- the impact they have on the hobby of video game collecting. People who legitimately wish to collect them but missed out will be SOL unless they want to give some scum-ball, f*cktard on eBay (a website I grow to hate more and more with each look) a ton of money that could be used for other video games. These people should be ashamed of themselves.

I know of no one on here doing that (yet) but, those are my two cents on the matter.

That is pretty much why I just decided to sell them.  Assbags are buying them up in bulk and hoarding them to sell for obnoxious prices online.  I'm not going to drive myself insane or pay more than retail for them to get them all so I just ended it and made up my mind not to buy any more.

As for eBay, sure there are a lot of d-bags scalping items on there for ridiculous prices.  However, eBay has been an invaluable tool in acquiring many games that I otherwise would never have been able to find.  In particular, if you collect Japanese games eBay is the place to find them.  Picked up all of the Famicom and Super Famicom Final Fantasy titles for less than $20 each (with shipping) complete in their boxes with manuals and the plastic tray that holds the cartridges.  And the artwork on those game boxes are beautiful.  Also just picked up a complete in box Chrono Trigger for the Super Famicom.

Import box art has always been much better looking than the American counterparts, especially with RPGs.

I didn't know you read Japanese. That's awesome. I have a few import titles that I'm excited play, but I just have to be in the "mood" for them.

gf78

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2015, 03:43:00 pm »
I think amiibos are bad for the environment, just like K-Cups or Skylander figures. Not everyone is a collector, so my guess is that a bunch of those will be pitched and the amount of plastic waste will skyrocket.

That said, I don't -hate- amiibos but I do -HATE- the impact they have on the hobby of video game collecting. People who legitimately wish to collect them but missed out will be SOL unless they want to give some scum-ball, f*cktard on eBay (a website I grow to hate more and more with each look) a ton of money that could be used for other video games. These people should be ashamed of themselves.

I know of no one on here doing that (yet) but, those are my two cents on the matter.

That is pretty much why I just decided to sell them.  Assbags are buying them up in bulk and hoarding them to sell for obnoxious prices online.  I'm not going to drive myself insane or pay more than retail for them to get them all so I just ended it and made up my mind not to buy any more.

As for eBay, sure there are a lot of d-bags scalping items on there for ridiculous prices.  However, eBay has been an invaluable tool in acquiring many games that I otherwise would never have been able to find.  In particular, if you collect Japanese games eBay is the place to find them.  Picked up all of the Famicom and Super Famicom Final Fantasy titles for less than $20 each (with shipping) complete in their boxes with manuals and the plastic tray that holds the cartridges.  And the artwork on those game boxes are beautiful.  Also just picked up a complete in box Chrono Trigger for the Super Famicom.

Import box art has always been much better looking than the American counterparts, especially with RPGs.

I didn't know you read Japanese. That's awesome. I have a few import titles that I'm excited play, but I just have to be in the "mood" for them.

Oh...I don't read Japanese.   :-\  As a collector and someone who appreciates the beauty of the artwork, that's all the drive I need to get these games. 

I've always hated how everything from Japan was "dumbed down" for American audiences.  It's not such an issue anymore, but I remember as a kid, two of my favorite shows were Star Blazers and Battle of the Planets.  The original Star Blazers as Space Battleship Yamato is so much better.  People died, we saw the Yamato return to it's original resting place beneath the waves in the end as well as seeing the WWII battle where the Yamato was sank by Allied forces.  Battle of the Planets as Gatchaman was a completely different animal.  7-Zark-7, the goofy R2D2-like robot didn't even exist in Gatchaman!  Zoltar was a hermaphrodite, Pidge (or whatever his name was) spoke normal instead of that tard-speak from BotP, people died, $hit got blown up....completely different!

As for games being "changed" for the American audience, some particularly egregious examples are the first two MegaMan game covers. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

devancowan

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2015, 03:48:42 pm »
Got my Ike Amiibo in the mail today from Amazon. It looks awesome! It might actually be my favourite one so far!  :)

I also spend my 300 club nintendo coins today and got Harmoknight. I actually really enjoy these type of games since I first played Bit.Trip Presents Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien. Not to mention I 100% it on the ps3  8) I think on penprofiles all 5 of the rarest trophies I have are from that game!

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2015, 06:18:40 pm »
Got my Ike Amiibo in the mail today from Amazon. It looks awesome! It might actually be my favourite one so far!  :)

I also spend my 300 club nintendo coins today and got Harmoknight. I actually really enjoy these type of games since I first played Bit.Trip Presents Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien. Not to mention I 100% it on the ps3  8) I think on penprofiles all 5 of the rarest trophies I have are from that game!

From the US Amazon site? Or one of the foreign ones?

abe

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2015, 06:24:44 pm »

He got his from Amazon.ca. My Ike Amiibo was supposed to arrive today from Amazon.ca as well, but I guess they just didn't feel like delivering it today. :-\
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

devancowan

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2015, 06:38:54 pm »

He got his from Amazon.ca. My Ike Amiibo was supposed to arrive today from Amazon.ca as well, but I guess they just didn't feel like delivering it today. :-\

North American Version :)

Wheres yours Abe?!  :o There they go losing stuff again

abe

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2015, 07:09:13 pm »

North American Version :)

Wheres yours Abe?!  :o There they go losing stuff again

According to the tracking number it's still out for delivery, but it's kinda late now and I doubt I'll get it today. I probably won't get it tomorrow because they can't be bothered to deliver mail while it's snowing outside. Our tax dollars hard at work there. :-\

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2015, 09:32:40 am »
This today;

Got it for a great price, well happy with it  :D

amauriel

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2015, 10:11:43 am »
Picked up Devil Survivor for the DS. Yes, I already had Devil Survivor: Overclocked for the 3DS, but I'm totally a completionist when it comes to my SMT games. I now have every NA release for every game in the series (including the spin-offs like DemiKids) EXCEPT for the NA Jack Bros. for the Virtual Boy.

Yes, I have the Japanese version (the one with the ADORABLE box art) but I now I think I'm going to need the NA one too...
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

jcalder8

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2015, 03:52:49 pm »
This today;

Got it for a great price, well happy with it  :D
Nice!
How much did it set you back if you don't mind me asking. I've been keeping an eye out for it.

abe

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2015, 06:18:30 pm »
Finally got my Ike Amiibo in the mail today from Amazon. ;D

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2015, 06:25:46 pm »
Nice!
How much did it set you back if you don't mind me asking. I've been keeping an eye out for it.

£9.86 + £5 shipping. Luckily I opened my "newly listed" eBay bookmark just at the right time :)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 06:45:11 pm by olly88 »

soera

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2015, 08:19:26 pm »
Scored a Sonic Amiibo from Toys R Us just now. Didnt think that one was out yet.

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2015, 08:55:07 pm »
After two years, I finally got one of these for a reasonable price! SOOOOOO HAPPY :D!!!!

davifus

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2015, 09:00:19 pm »
After two years, I finally got one of these for a reasonable price! SOOOOOO HAPPY :D!!!!

What is considered a reasonable price?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)