Author Topic: February 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 36486 times)

devancowan

Re: February 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #240 on: February 25, 2015, 02:37:49 pm »
I've gone a bit nutty since getting back to work and picking up a PS4. The haul this month:

- Destiny [PS4]
- Infamous: Second Son [PS4]
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 [PS3]
- Devil May Cry: HD Collection [PS3]
- Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late [PS3]
- Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes [PS4]
- Dead or Alive 5: Last Round [PS4]
- Watch Dogs [PS4]
- Lollipop Chainsaw [X360]

Probably time to slow down a little, but I was a little excited about having monies again :D

We all go a little nutty when we have an overflow of money to spend on games  8)

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #241 on: February 25, 2015, 02:42:48 pm »
Everything but The Land Before Time game is up for trade/sale if anyone wants it  8)

THAT'S THE ONLY GAME I NEED. RARGH.

I actually passed on a copy last week because the manual was worn. :|

If you're really that interested I could work something out. Send me a PM.

mrnikon

« Reply #242 on: February 25, 2015, 03:41:20 pm »
Just picked up a Sega Dreamcast bag!!! Got it for free from a friend of mine who is moving.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #243 on: February 25, 2015, 06:58:41 pm »

My buddy paid up on his bet :D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #244 on: February 26, 2015, 12:47:58 am »
My secret shipment from the UK arrived.

Complete in box peacekeeper for the Phillips CD-i.

Johnny Rock didn't come with it. But it's the man reason I wanted the gun.

The CD-i is arguably the best console version of this game.

Now just waiting on my secret shipment from Japan to arrive. :)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 12:51:29 am by dashv »

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #245 on: February 26, 2015, 01:25:02 am »
Just picked up a Sega Dreamcast bag!!! Got it for free from a friend of mine who is moving.

pics?
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #246 on: February 26, 2015, 10:18:38 am »

pics?

2nded

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #247 on: February 26, 2015, 10:56:28 am »
Went to Savers on the way home from work yesterday to see if they still had OG Xboxes since the one I had gotten from there a month ago has a disk-read error. They still had some thankfully for pretty cheap ($15) and so I went to check around the place to see what else they had. I found a few things. All in all I walked out with

• OG Xbox ($15)
  • Red Wii Nunchuck ($4.99)
  • Metriod Prime 3 without Manual [Wii] (marked $4.99, got for $2.99)
  • Street Fighter II: Special Championship Edition [Gen] ($2.99)

gf78

« Reply #248 on: February 26, 2015, 10:59:18 am »
Got a few gems and a few decent items yesterday at the area mom & pop shop.

PS1:  Crusaders of Might & Magic, Fear Effect (mint with book!!!), Tempest X3, Driver 2 and 1 Xtreme (greatest hits version of ESPN games).  All are complete with manuals in pretty decent shape, I was just overly excited to get a mint Fear Effect!

GameBoy Color:  Transparent purple, good condition with a few little nicks.  The battery cover doesn't match...but I'll find a matching one cheap!

GameBoy Advance:  Indigo in really good condition, almost like new.

Gamecube:  Indigo in pretty decent condition.  It has it's share of nicks on the top, but I'll clean it up ok.  The controller is like-new and I got a matching Indigo box for it that's in decent enough condition.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #249 on: February 27, 2015, 12:01:21 am »
Hi.

February was good to me with the 3 for $10 from Gamestop that they had a week or so ago, and elsewhere. Just picked up a Super Slim PS3 (Am I only the that prefers this model design ascetically over any of the others?) a week into the GS sale, and thankfully everything wasn't picked over as much as I figured it would be. Hit up the 5 or so GS stores in my area, and only got Bait & Switched twice, but it worked out in my favor both times with them swapping out a Greatest Hits L.A. Noire for the regular version, and switched a regular no manual copy of Uncharted 2 for a CIB GH version. Everything CIB (unless noted on one game).  I take back about half of all the mean things I've personally said about Gamestop over the years.  :P

Rundown:
Superslim PS3: $75 from Cowboom. excellent condition, still has plastic coverings on all glossy parts. Came with hookups too but didn't include them in picture.

Assassin's Creed Revelations $3.33
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift $3.33
Dynasty Warriors 6 disc only $3.33 (nothing else interesting at that particular store for a qualifying third game)
Dynasty Warriors 6 $3.33
Fallout: New Vegas $3.33
L.A. Noire $4.99
Lost Planet $3.99
Lost Planet 2 $3.33
Mass Effect 2 $3.33
Mass Effect 3 $3.33 (what's up with no physical release of ME:1 on PS3 other than the Trilogy Pack?)
Motorstorm 99 cents lol
Nail'd (unpictured) $3.33
Ratchet and Clank All 4 One $3.33
Uncharted $3.99
Uncharted 2 $3.33
Uncharted 3 $3.33

Also picket up the Tatsunoko vs Capcom Wii Arcade Stick from Goodwill for $20, works great except for what I assume are supposed to be LEDs in the upperleft corner, which do not turn on. Probably an easy fix.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #250 on: February 27, 2015, 12:23:15 am »
Finally completed a grail! Found .hack//G.U. Vol. 3 at a HPB. Sadly I still paid $45 but that is still ridiculously under what I've seen it going for so I did NOT feel bad buying it. So happy to know I can start playing these games now knowing I wont have to wait forever to just finish the story. Gonna film a February pickups video sometime over the next week so lets see how this goes!

« Reply #251 on: February 27, 2015, 12:23:41 am »
Picked up Sonic Triple Trouble on the Game Gear today.  It actually dropped in price, which I don't usually see often at this one thrift store.  I'm guessing they do it after something has been there for a week or two and I just happened to catch it, cause it went from 5 bucks to 2 bucks.  Also I don't believe I posted it, but I also got Sonic the Hedgehog on Game Gear abit ago.  Funny that I think I have most of the Genesis and Game Gear Sonics now, but don't have a functioning Genesis or a Game Gear lol Not that I want to play on the Game Gear.  The Genesis didn't have a Super Gameboy type deal did it? lol

maximo310

« Reply #252 on: February 27, 2015, 12:36:30 am »
Hi.

February was good to me with the 3 for $10 from Gamestop that they had a week or so ago, and elsewhere. Just picked up a Super Slim PS3 (Am I only the that prefers this model design ascetically over any of the others?) a week into the GS sale, and thankfully everything wasn't picked over as much as I figured it would be. Hit up the 5 or so GS stores in my area, and only got Bait & Switched twice, but it worked out in my favor both times with them swapping out a Greatest Hits L.A. Noire for the regular version, and switched a regular no manual copy of Uncharted 2 for a CIB GH version. Everything CIB (unless noted on one game).  I take back about half of all the mean things I've personally said about Gamestop over the years.  :P

Rundown:
Superslim PS3: $75 from Cowboom. excellent condition, still has plastic coverings on all glossy parts. Came with hookups too but didn't include them in picture.

Assassin's Creed Revelations $3.33
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift $3.33
Dynasty Warriors 6 disc only $3.33 (nothing else interesting at that particular store for a qualifying third game)
Dynasty Warriors 6 $3.33
Fallout: New Vegas $3.33
L.A. Noire $4.99
Lost Planet $3.99
Lost Planet 2 $3.33
Mass Effect 2 $3.33
Mass Effect 3 $3.33 (what's up with no physical release of ME:1 on PS3 other than the Trilogy Pack?)
Motorstorm 99 cents lol
Nail'd (unpictured) $3.33
Ratchet and Clank All 4 One $3.33
Uncharted $3.99
Uncharted 2 $3.33
Uncharted 3 $3.33

Also picket up the Tatsunoko vs Capcom Wii Arcade Stick from Goodwill for $20, works great except for what I assume are supposed to be LEDs in the upperleft corner, which do not turn on. Probably an easy fix.

Holy crap, that fight stick looks great, and its a pretty good steal for $20! This seems to be the year to check out Xbox 360/ PS3/Wii games at Gamestop, you'd be surprised how many of those are pretty good titles for under $10 or so. They've been a huge help in getting some good stuff over the last year or so.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #253 on: February 27, 2015, 12:57:46 am »
Picked up Sonic Triple Trouble on the Game Gear today.  It actually dropped in price, which I don't usually see often at this one thrift store.  I'm guessing they do it after something has been there for a week or two and I just happened to catch it, cause it went from 5 bucks to 2 bucks.  Also I don't believe I posted it, but I also got Sonic the Hedgehog on Game Gear abit ago.  Funny that I think I have most of the Genesis and Game Gear Sonics now, but don't have a functioning Genesis or a Game Gear lol Not that I want to play on the Game Gear.  The Genesis didn't have a Super Gameboy type deal did it? lol

No it didn't. The embarrassing fact is the game gear had a larger color palette than the Genesis. So it was not technically feasible for them to do. But there is a master system adapter for the game gear. :)

« Reply #254 on: February 27, 2015, 01:08:22 am »
No it didn't. The embarrassing fact is the game gear had a larger color palette than the Genesis. So it was not technically feasible for them to do. But there is a master system adapter for the game gear. :)

Oh well.  Guess I won't be playing these Game Gear games then lol