Author Topic: The Nintendo "NX"  (Read 26128 times)

Re: The Nintendo "NX"
« Reply #135 on: April 28, 2016, 11:23:49 pm »
If Nintendo is smart, they will release a console that has no gimmicks (motion controls, touch controls, strange controllers) and just a solid, high performance console that is easy to develop for. They arguably have the best exclusive IPs of any company in the industry and that alone would carry them and make them the console of choice for many on the fence about which console to purchase.

« Reply #136 on: April 29, 2016, 04:48:36 am »
Nintendo needs a solid launch line up.

Zelda NX is a solid start, however with it also being on Wii-U; they need more.

I feel they should launch with a port of Smash Bros. and a new 3D Mario game as well in terms of first party.

And on the third party front. Mass Effect Andromeda will be out around that time, so that would be a good start. But also albeit delayed; ports of Final Fantasy XV, Call of Duty: Infinite War and all the sports titles.

« Reply #137 on: April 29, 2016, 05:51:53 am »
Nintendo needs to get out of the hardware business. Go make excellent games for PlayStation, PC, Xbox and mobile.

Nintendo is already dominating mobile with their first attempt. Bring casual stuff like Brain Age to mobile and rake in the dough.

Bring your big games to PlayStation, PC and Xbox and make huge software profits and regain your old audience as well as new audiences.

Make a real Amiibo game and become the definitive leader in Toys to Life.

The gaming industry has pretty much decided that gimmicks are no longer interesting so Nintendo has no reason to make their own hardware.

I really wish they would be smart and stop making hardware.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #138 on: April 29, 2016, 06:40:47 am »

The gaming industry has pretty much decided that gimmicks are no longer interesting so Nintendo has no reason to make their own hardware.

2 letters debunk this VR

Not to mention they lead the way on a lot  of industry standards
D-pad
Shoulder Buttons
Rumble
Hell even motion controls.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 06:55:33 am by redblaze57 »

gf78

« Reply #139 on: April 29, 2016, 09:28:46 am »
For me, the hardware Nintendo makes is a "barrier to entry."  That being I would gladly buy new Nintendo-made games, but I unfortunately have to buy specialized hardware to play them on.  So I have to factor in the cost of the hardware for the handful of games I want that are exclusive to the Nintendo platform. 

So if there are six games for the NX I will definitely buy, I have to add the cost of the system to each one.  So say the NX would cost $300, that means each $60 game would in reality be a $110 investment for me.  If Nintendo would just put their games on the PS4, I would gladly buy them.  As it stands with finances and the economy being what they are, the NX is a no-go for me.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #140 on: April 29, 2016, 10:24:11 am »
For me, the hardware Nintendo makes is a "barrier to entry."  That being I would gladly buy new Nintendo-made games, but I unfortunately have to buy specialized hardware to play them on.  So I have to factor in the cost of the hardware for the handful of games I want that are exclusive to the Nintendo platform. 

So if there are six games for the NX I will definitely buy, I have to add the cost of the system to each one.  So say the NX would cost $300, that means each $60 game would in reality be a $110 investment for me.  If Nintendo would just put their games on the PS4, I would gladly buy them.  As it stands with finances and the economy being what they are, the NX is a no-go for me.
$300? I'd say $400 at least.

Say someone told you the NX will have 20 great exclusives that you'd want to buy. Would that make it worth your while?

gf78

« Reply #141 on: April 29, 2016, 11:03:41 am »
$300? I'd say $400 at least.

Say someone told you the NX will have 20 great exclusives that you'd want to buy. Would that make it worth your while?

I was just throwing a number out there for the price.  I'm sure it will be more than $300 at launch.  Would 20 games make it worth my time to buy the system?  I don't know.  Would they be spaced out over 4-5 years like Nintendo has a proven track record of doing?  It's still a rather large investment considering my PS4 provides 20 games in a single year that I find it worthwhile to play.  My PS4 also doubles as a Blu-Ray player and it has a large installed base.  That means lots of people to play with online. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

« Reply #142 on: April 29, 2016, 11:33:12 am »
Allegedly Nintendo has changed their development methods so that they can crank out better games faster.  Generally I refer to CoD and Assassins Creed when companies talk about these things, but who knows.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #143 on: April 29, 2016, 11:59:42 am »
So i decided, f it, ill start saving up for it now, and once E3 happens and if it looks decent, ill buy it. but if it sucks, well i saved up money and can go buy something else, maybe something awesome that appeared at E3
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

gf78

« Reply #144 on: April 29, 2016, 12:17:56 pm »
So i decided, f it, ill start saving up for it now, and once E3 happens and if it looks decent, ill buy it. but if it sucks, well i saved up money and can go buy something else, maybe something awesome that appeared at E3

I wonder if they will even show anything about the NX at E3 this year. 

desocietas

« Reply #145 on: April 29, 2016, 12:35:27 pm »

Most likely not. They've already stated that it won't make an appearance at E3, but who knows, they might still talk about it but not show it.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

gf78

« Reply #146 on: April 29, 2016, 12:46:38 pm »
Most likely not. They've already stated that it won't make an appearance at E3, but who knows, they might still talk about it but not show it.

It seems like it would be a real missed opportunity by not showing it at E3. 

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #147 on: April 29, 2016, 01:06:04 pm »

really? damn.....
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #148 on: April 29, 2016, 01:39:20 pm »

Nope. They already said they won't be mentioning it again until later in the year.

My guess is somewhere between September and November they'll do a massive direct to unveil it and some of the launch games, to build hype.

soera

« Reply #149 on: April 29, 2016, 01:45:05 pm »
I dont think there is going to be anywhere close to the titles on it that would make me buy it. I actually regret buying the Wii U. The only thing it does in my house now is work as an additional youtube channel screen for my little ones to watch Minecraft playing.

I think the absolute only thing that will change my mind is a new "real" Metroid game.