Author Topic: April 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 26513 times)

bobster

Re: April 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #165 on: April 28, 2015, 02:19:58 pm »
I downloaded Five Star Wrestling for PS3. I also went to a local store and bought a bundle of loose boxes and manuals!

Nice pickups! I really need to find an Arcana manual since I have the box and everything but it  :'(
Currently Playing: The Witcher

retrogemcollector

« Reply #166 on: April 28, 2015, 07:22:18 pm »
This is the latest and the rarest addition to my collection that I acquired last week:

« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 01:44:37 am by thedarkpersian »

abe

« Reply #167 on: April 28, 2015, 08:46:16 pm »
I didn't think I'd find much in Vegas for games, but I managed to get some pretty decent deals. Hopefully if I'm lucky I'll get some more decent deals later too. I picked these up today. :)
-Guitar Hero II (PS2) $1
-Halo: Combat Evolved (Xbox) $1

Also got the first episode of Hellsing Ultimate on DVD for $1. It's not a game, but it's still awesome anyways.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #168 on: April 29, 2015, 03:26:11 am »
My pace has slowed down quite a bit.

Wish list is almost down to single digits.

These goodies arrived today:

Okami HD for PS3 (imported from Japan)

Thanks to who ever it was (sorry I forget) that clued me in to the existence of a physical (Japan only) PS3 release that it isn't region locked and has English subtitles!

Ducktales 2 Bit Box custom case from Stone Age Gamer.

I already have the game and felt it needed more than a plastic sleeve to protect it.

The Asian version of Okami is the one with English subtitles, not the Japanese one. But before you start feeling too bad, when I got mine I discovered it's basically the downloadable version on a disk - you install it and then don't even use the disk, so it's not like you're playing from the disk, saving hdd space, etc. Still, I am glad I own a physical copy since I love that game. :)

Haven't fired it up yet but from what I've read the Japanese version is English as well. Apparently it defaults to the region of the console.

« Reply #169 on: April 29, 2015, 07:19:12 pm »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #170 on: April 29, 2015, 08:11:59 pm »
Took advantage of the 4 for $10 deal on select titles at GameStop and came out with these four games. By the time I got there today, it was pretty well picked through, but even then, there was only one game on the list I really wanted that they didn't have: Madworld on Wii.

argyle

« Reply #171 on: April 29, 2015, 09:29:23 pm »
I grabbed 4 in the sale too. Just found out about it today, so my stores were kinda picked over too. Got some things I had been wanting to pickup for the collection tho, but I didn't want to pay much for them, so it worked out:

Assassin's Creed (I now have all the console games in the series except the 2 released last year)
Killzone 3 (re-completing my Limited Helghast Ed. set)
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare (previously had the expansion stuff digitally)
Medieval Moves: Deadman's Quest

Might check another store tomorrow & see if I can do one more run, but it's doubtful I'll find the ones left I'm looking for all complete.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #172 on: April 29, 2015, 10:21:21 pm »
A local game store started getting into selling repro carts (smart move if you ask me) and I picked these two up today.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #173 on: April 30, 2015, 01:46:15 am »
Many thanks to disgaeniac for my epic haul this month.

PlayStation:
Saiyuki - Journey West

PlayStation Portable:
Aedis Eclipse: Generation Of Chaos
Blazing Souls: Accelate
Generation Of Chaos

PlayStation Vita:
Gravity Rush

Please check out the games I have for sale.

kashell

« Reply #174 on: April 30, 2015, 08:15:35 am »
My copy of Romancing SaGa 2 arrived. I'm still neck-deep in RS3 so it may be some time before I can get into it, but I'm glad I found it for a good price.

« Reply #175 on: April 30, 2015, 06:48:58 pm »
Kinda bummer find. I was in an antique store and picked up a CIB copy of Grind Stormer for the Genesis for $5. The bummer part is that it doesn't work. It's clean and looks fine but apparently these Tengen Genesis carts didn't use quality PCBs. There is a ray of hope, I've read on atariage there's been people who have swapped the rom chip from Grind Stormer onto the PCB of cheap Tengen games like Pit Fighter so I might try that and see what happens.

If this wasn't such a ridiculously expensive game I probably wouldn't bother

maximo310

« Reply #176 on: April 30, 2015, 07:08:38 pm »
My copy of Romancing SaGa 2 arrived. I'm still neck-deep in RS3 so it may be some time before I can get into it, but I'm glad I found it for a good price.
Any luck on a complete copy of Romancing Saga 1 yet?

maximo310

« Reply #177 on: April 30, 2015, 09:38:55 pm »
I got a lot of good stuff this week, mostly due to the 4 for 10 deal at gamestop, and a lucky craigslist find. ( my phone's camera isn't very good)

Gamestop 4 for $10:
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune(PS3)
Super Street Fighter IV (PS3)
Killzone 2(PS3)
LittleBigPlanet(PS3)
Batman Arkham City(PS3)
Assassin's Creed II ( PS3)
Resident Evil 5 (PS3)
God of War Origins Collection(PS3)
Also from GS: Demon's Souls (PS3)-$16, and Raiden IV disc only- $2 w/ coupon
Then I got the two Gamecube games from a CL deal:
Pikmin 2-$20
Pokemon Box: Ruby& Sapphire-$100
I'm pretty happy to knock these two off of my wishlist, especially Pokemon Box!
I'm also getting a copy of Class of Heroes 2G($65) within the next day as well, so this is probably one of my best hauls yet!

kashell

« Reply #178 on: May 01, 2015, 08:22:16 am »

Maybe. I found this on amazon, take a look at the last listing. Maybe you have some thoughts?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002VHVPPE/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1430482851&sr=8-3

Not only is the image for Romancing SaGa 2, but the condition being listed as acceptable makes me cautious. Also, it'd be shipped from Japan so it'd be a hot minute before it arrived AND who knows how much more damaged it'd get in transit.

maximo310

« Reply #179 on: May 01, 2015, 01:39:15 pm »

Maybe. I found this on amazon, take a look at the last listing. Maybe you have some thoughts?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002VHVPPE/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1430482851&sr=8-3

Not only is the image for Romancing SaGa 2, but the condition being listed as acceptable makes me cautious. Also, it'd be shipped from Japan so it'd be a hot minute before it arrived AND who knows how much more damaged it'd get in transit.
Yeah, honestly stuff like that is a bit risky from Amazon. Amazon Japan may have more options, but most of the sellers usually don't ship to the US. The best option I can reccomend is Ebay, and I did find a listing thats in good condition for the price. Here's what it looks like:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Romancing-SaGa-Nintendo-snes-sfc-NTSC-J-Japan-/331541773209?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d316dfb99

I think the only problem is that it's going to take awhile to ship from Japan, but all of the US sellers on Ebay only have the game as cart only below that price. Hopefully, it won't get damaged too much in shipping, since I have had cd cases fall apart when in transit, but most of the cib sfc games I've ordered have been properly wrapped and weren't damaged at all.