Author Topic: Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot  (Read 8104 times)

silversyx

Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot
« on: April 02, 2015, 03:17:55 pm »
Nintendo is letting us have some voice on who goes into Smash as DLC.

https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/

Who are you going to vote for and why? I am so interested to hear.

rancesama

Re: Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 03:42:24 pm »

I placed my vote for Simon Belmont. He was in some classic Nintendo games, and I think his whip and sub-weapons would make for a unique move set.

I would also think it would be cool to see Kaptain K. Rool from the Donkey Kong Country series. The Mario and Zelda series got bad guys as playable characters ... where's the love for DKC!

See news, reviews and more at Nintendo Frontier!

silversyx

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 04:08:39 pm »
That would be awesome, with Konami on board maybe we could get Snake back and maybe get Bomberman or something.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 04:10:42 pm »
I pray for Klonoa!!
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

docsarcastic

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 04:24:37 pm »

Already inserted my ballot. Why not have the final brother? I mean, you'll finish off the Wario Bros. so you can have some Mario vs Wario Bros. action.
I write books, collect games and achievements and so on. Considered pure, molten evil by many.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
- Everything

VGCollect stuff: https://vgcollect.com/about/DocSarcastic

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 05:04:12 pm »
Shovel Knight is my choice.

indenton

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 06:31:23 pm »
I pray for Klonoa!!

Maybe, just maybe the numbers could add up...

soera

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 09:56:31 pm »
I voted for the DQ slime. We need more DQ in 'Murica in some form or other. :D

spac316

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 02:59:11 am »
So far I put in for...
Mike Jones from Startropics
Dixie Kong
Nester from Nintendo Power

krelyan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 08:30:16 am »
I placed my vote for Simon Belmont. He was in some classic Nintendo games, and I think his whip and sub-weapons would make for a unique move set.

But we know the best Belmont is Richter!  But I voted Simon to not split the Belmont vote.

I also considered submitting Baby from Super Monkey Ball because it would be adorable and Simea from Crystalis because Smash really needs another sword wielding fantasy character.

So far I put in for...
Mike Jones from Startropics

Good one!

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PS4), Fire Emblem Fates, The Witness (PS4), Puzzle & Dragons (Mobile)

indenton

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2015, 12:19:08 pm »

I would also think it would be cool to see Kaptain K. Rool from the Donkey Kong Country series. The Mario and Zelda series got bad guys as playable characters ... where's the love for DKC!

Yes, I feel like Simon Belmondo would be the best candidate from Konami's side.  As cool as Snake was, his connection with Nintendo was paper thin, mainly influenced by Sakurai and Kojima's good relations.  Simon could be a bit of a slower character like Ganondorf with the advantage of good range with his whip. 

With the release of Donkey Kong 64 on the virtual console, I think King K.Rool has a pretty good shot too!

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 03:07:19 pm »
I voted for Simon as well. I think it would be kind of neat though to see Bill and Lance from Contra, however I don't know how they would work in a fighting game

indenton

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 03:46:35 pm »
Stepping away from third-party characters, an Advance Wars character could be a good fill in for Snake's play style. 

silversyx

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2015, 04:08:56 pm »
Bayonetta anyone? Probably too mature for a Smash audience but it is a Nintendo exclusive. Sega & Platinum Games seem to have a good relationship with Nintendo too.

davifus

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2015, 04:17:14 pm »
Ridley
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)