Author Topic: Xbox 360, PS3, or Wii?  (Read 3184 times)

Re: Xbox 360, PS3, or Wii?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 03:29:11 pm »
Playstation 3 Handsdown.

Like at first Xbox 360 was really good when console first came out.  But around mid way through the years.  Playstation 3 is defiently the winner when it comes to exclusives and JRPGs.

Heck even now,  Xbox 360 hardly gets anymore games on their.  But Playstation 3 been dishing out and importing alot of JRPGs.  And is not slowing down >.>
The Mind is The Slayer of Reality. --- LoS

argyle

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 03:56:21 pm »
I have all 3, and the size of my library for each pretty well shows how I rank them:

1) PS3 - 289 games
2) Wii - 108 games
3) 360 - 24 games

Most of the 360's exclusives I personally care anything about came early on - The Last Story, Tales of Vesperia, Blue Dragon, Culdcept Saga. Then Microsoft realized that no matter how much money they threw at Japanese exclusives, the Japanese gamers weren't going to buy their system and they just stopped trying.

Here's my personal list of PS3 exclusives that I really enjoyed:

3D Dot Game Heroes
Catherine forgot this one isn't exclusive :-X
Demon's Souls
Dragon's Crown
Drakengard 3
Folklore
Guided Fate Paradox
Heavenly Sword
inFamous franchise
Katamari Forever
Metal Gear Solid 4
Ni no Kuni
One Piece Unlimited World Red (was also on handhelds, but was a PS3 console exclusive)
Puppeteer
Ratchet & Clank franchise
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Tales of Graces f, Tales of Xillia 1&2
Uncharted franchise
Valkyria Chronicles
Yakuza franchise

And that's leaving off exclusives that I didn't particuarly care for that much as well as a LOT that I just haven't gotten around to playing yet.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 10:01:36 am by argyle »
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 10:59:04 pm »
For me personally PS3 > Wii > 360

-The PS3 has the most exclusives that I like Disgaea series so it wins. :D
-The Wii has some amazing exlcusive even if it has a lot of garbage, poor third-party support, and stupid gimmicky motion controls, it has one of my favorite games from its console generation, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.
-The 360 had enough exclusives I like for me to buy one, like the Halo series, Blue Dragon, etc., but I'm not particularly fond of the other aspects of the system. I like its controller, but I hate how unreliable the earliest models are, and it's stupid that it doesn't even have a built-in WiFi adapter. I also don't really like the system menu or how you need Xbox Live if you want to anything other than play games offline with the console (though I suppose you do need a PSN account for Netflix and whatnot on the PS3).

Catherine
Dragon's Crown

Catherine isn't a PS3 exclusive. -->http://vgcollect.com/item/20393
I'm going to assume you're counting Dragon's Crown even though it's also on the Vita because it's not on the 360.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2015, 09:59:57 am »

Catherine
Dragon's Crown

Catherine isn't a PS3 exclusive. -->http://vgcollect.com/item/20393
I'm going to assume you're counting Dragon's Crown even though it's also on the Vita because it's not on the 360.

Doh, you're right about Catherine, forgot about that. And yeah, I wasn't counting handheld versions of games - DC plays MUCH better on a big screen anyway IMO.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2015, 12:15:53 pm »
and the whole RROD really turned me away from 360 for the longest time, i had friends tell me they went through 2-5 xboxes.... I went through 2 Ps3, that cause i sold my old one to my friend, so i could get a bigger ps3... and the only issue i ever had was the bluray reader which was easily replaced.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

gf78

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2015, 10:02:33 am »
PlayStation 3 hands-down. 

It had the greatest number of exclusive titles that appealed to me.  Exclusives and blockbusters kept being released, even to the detriment of the PS4 when a game like Gran Turismo 6 would have been a helluva launch title for the new system.  Naughty Dog, Guerrilla Games, Sony Santa Monica, Media Molecule, Insomniac and Sucker Punch as well as several other studios made exclusive gems that were the best of their generation. 

With very few exceptions, the Wii was a bust for me.  I hated the waggle-wand controls and it completely turned me off of games I may otherwise have really enjoyed.  The best titles on the Wii for me were New Super Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong Country Returns because they used pretty standard controls.

The Xbox 360 was a disasterously-engineered piece of junk.  While early titles like Forza, Gears of War, Halo and Fable were good, exclusives dried up after the first few years.  Microsoft tried desperately to convince everyone we needed Kinect and it was the future.  Unfortunately, the games were poorly designed and the controls were less responsive and more aggravating than even the Wii's gimmicky control scheme.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

krelyan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2015, 10:36:13 am »
Like many others have already noted, the PS3 exclusives were far and away more appealing to me.  Demon's Souls, Disgaea, Metal Gear Solid, Ni no Kuni, The Last of Us, Uncharted, Virtua Fighter and Valkyria Chronicles are all pretty great.  I could never get into Halo after the first one (which I played on PC) and Gears was fun to play coop, but I disliked the multiplayer.  I played most of the other "exclusives" on PC.  That being said, most of my gaming of that generation was still on the Xbox 360 due to the VASTLY better multiplayer interface and it was the platform I moved to for Rock Band.  It's sad that to this day, the PS3 has never gotten a halfway decent user interface for interacting with friends.  And for all the hoopla about RROD, my X360 still works fine (I purchased like 2 years after launch however) while I've gone through both a fat PS3 and a slim PS3 with the lasers wearing out.

I bought a Wii on release and played Twilight Princess for 15 minutes and a fair amount of Wii Sports with the family for the first month.  I think I spent more time playing Mega Man 2, Super C and SMB 3 on the VC for the millionth time than I did with any "legit" Wii game.  I left it at my parents house when I moved and never really regretted it.

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PS4), Fire Emblem Fates, The Witness (PS4), Puzzle & Dragons (Mobile)

stealthrush

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2015, 01:28:44 am »
I've chose Xbox 360 since many of the games (2D Fighting games, Shmups) I was looking forward to playing were being ported to both X360 and PS3. Although I regret having a X360 over PS3 now because currently some fighters (Under Night In-Birth, Chaos Code, Aquapazza: Aquaplus Dream Match, and Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax) are exclusive to PlayStation3.
That being said, I am still satisfied with Xbox 360 library of games.

I feel its the spiritual successor to Sega Dreamcast; Fighting, and Shmup delight.

-Dead or Alive series
-Akai Katana
-Tekken series
-Bullet Soul
-Soul Caliber series
-Deathsmiles
-The King of Fighter series
-DoDonPachi Resurrection
-Blazblue series
-DoDonPachi Saidaioujou
-Street Fighter series
-Eschatos
-Arcadia Hearts series
-Espgaluda II Black Label
-Virtual On series
-Ginga Force
-Virtua Fighter series
-Muchi Muchi Pork / Pink Sweets
-Phantom Breaker
-Mushihimesama Futari
-Persona 4 Arena
-Raiden Fighters Aces
-Marvel Vs. Capcom series
-Raiden IV

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2015, 08:55:01 am »
  • Demon's Souls
  • Journey
For those two alone the PS3 wins with no contest !
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2015, 12:20:22 am »
When it comes down to my favorite for just plane old gaming I have to go with the ps3. There was just a large variety of games, it had everything from niche Japanese titles to big budget AAA games. The Wii on the other hand is my favorite system to collect for. It actually has a surprising robust library but the vast majority of great games for it simply went unnoticed. Even a lot of 1st party games for the Wii are underappreciated look at sin and punishment and excitebots.