Author Topic: Yooka-Laylee!  (Read 5079 times)

Re: Yooka-Laylee!
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2016, 04:56:52 am »
Wii U version cancelled, Switch version announced.  Lots of vague information.

I personally backed for Wii U, so depending on the cost to upgrade to physical, I may request a refund and give my money to BestBuy/Amazon.

I read an article about 6 months back, talking about how Playtonic was only working on the PC and Wii U version, because those platforms are first and foremost... and that Team17 was porting the PC/Wii U version to PS4/X1.  Apparently, that is no longer the case.  I'm wondering what other management shenanigans they are and will be up to.

I'm a bit worried this might happen with Bloodstained as well, but it would be way more of a slap in the face since it was listed a a stretch goal.
Yeah.. there's no way they are gonna release a Wii U game in 2018..

The library for the Wii U in 2018 will be Just Dance 2019 and Skylanders if that's still alive. Probably LEGO and TellTale stuff too. Maybe some of the crappy indie games that are sold on Wii U for $4.99 or less.

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2016, 05:32:13 am »
100% guaranteed a Wii U version will never happen for Bloodstained either, especially with its release window.  There really isn't much of a good reason for them to continue development for an outdated and dead console.  I'm expecting it to do the same as Yooka-Laylee, where you can get a refund or change to the Switch, which is the smarter plan in the long run.

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2016, 08:19:54 am »
I agree with the sentiment... but you do this campaign, you say WE WILL MAKE A WII U version, because YOU want it... but only if we get THIS MUCH money.  And then you say, "Eh, nevermind".  The statement isn't, "We will make a Wii U version, if you pay us enough AND the system isn't dead".

Personally, I have no intent of ever jumping on the bandwagon for a big hyped Kickstarter game ever again.  That's 3 for 3 with mismanagement and shit because these big name devs get too big for their breeches and don't have a publisher to tell them "Don't make these promises, dumbass."

Maybe I'm cranky, maybe I haven't had enough coffee this morning.  I don't know.  I agree that it doesn't make sense financially to release it for the Wii U, but I was looking forward to playing it on Wii U.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2016, 09:42:17 am »
Personally, I have no intent of ever jumping on the bandwagon for a big hyped Kickstarter game ever again.  That's 3 for 3 with mismanagement and shit because these big name devs get too big for their breeches and don't have a publisher to tell them "Don't make these promises, dumbass."

I think I'm done too. I like the little stuff.  I'm out on these big games.  It's just not a good model.  I hope Bloodstaind works out.  It's a real cool premise and the demo was fun.  I just hope it keeps on. 

I'm looking forward to Super Russian Roulette.  I backed it and get of updates.  It will be silly fun.

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2016, 09:45:17 am »

I think I'm done too. I like the little stuff.  I'm out on these big games.  It's just not a good model.  I hope Bloodstaind works out.  It's a real cool premise and the demo was fun.  I just hope it keeps on. 

I'm looking forward to Super Russian Roulette.  I backed it and get of updates.  It will be silly fun.
I'm sorry.  2 for 3, Bloodstained hasn't officially announced they are cancelling the Wii U version.  I don't think Bloodstained have done anything to convey mismanagement or anything, yet.  IIRC, they even hired a company specifically to work on the Wii U port, so if the Wii U version doesn't come out, that company is gonna take a hit.

spac316

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2017, 10:05:03 pm »
So...now that it's out, how do you all like it?
I think it is simply a fun and charming platformer like the classic N64 days, given the pedigree of the developers. It's the Banjo-Kazooie 3 that should've been instead of that Nuts & Bolts crap!
And I'm not being bias because I backed it here, it's not perfect but it's still good. I hope Playtonic makes more games soon.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 02:35:28 pm by spac316 »

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2017, 10:18:14 pm »
I think it set out to do what it wanted to do and it worked out for the most part.  It's not perfect, it has some issues, and it's not as good as what its trying to be a spiritual successor of, but its a reasonable enough start. I'm hoping with this they can move on to make something a lot better in the future.  I sorta see Yooka-Laylee as them shaking the rust off of a game style they haven't made in awhile.

Hoping for good stuff too with A Hat in Time sometime this year.

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2017, 11:26:35 am »
I still can't decide if I want this game or not.

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2017, 12:33:46 pm »
As bad as I want this game I think I'm going to hold out until the Switch physical release comes out. From everything I've seen and heard, this truly is what Banjo Kazooie 3 should have been and it just doesn't feel right to play it on any other system than a Nintendo console.

« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2017, 02:53:01 am »
As bad as I want this game I think I'm going to hold out until the Switch physical release comes out. From everything I've seen and heard, this truly is what Banjo Kazooie 3 should have been and it just doesn't feel right to play it on any other system than a Nintendo console.

Well, never mind! I visited a local game store tonight and they had the ps4 version marked down to $30 so I decided to grab it.