Author Topic: Yooka-Laylee!  (Read 5029 times)

Yooka-Laylee!
« on: April 30, 2015, 05:11:30 pm »
Been waiting for the announcement for a while now, but finally Playtonic Games revealed what exactly their game and characters will be for their spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie...Yooka-Laylee! I know I should keep my expectations in check, but seeing this and A Hat in Time making their way through development to reinvigorate the mostly dead 3D platform genre has me excited.

The kickstarter will be going up tomorrow, but we do have our characters...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival

Madmax: Added link to post so that it's easier to find :)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 08:06:52 am by madmax »

silversyx

Re: Yooka-Laylee!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 05:18:04 pm »
YAAY :D RARE NOT RARE :D Yooka & Laylee for Smash? Eh? Eh?  8)

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 05:22:45 pm »

Well, I'd rather have Banjo-Kazooie in Smash, but I'll take them lol

silversyx

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 06:15:08 pm »

Well, I'd rather have Banjo-Kazooie in Smash, but I'll take them lol

I think Nintendo would have too much pride to do that without buying the IP but I also never thought Nintendo would make mobile and PC games so... :D

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 11:13:25 pm »
I love the name of these characters and the design of Laylee. I'm also really glad they announced PS4 as a potential platform, I'm sure it will hit it's goal on Kickstarter. 3D platforming definitely needed a comeback. Lobodestroyo is another new 3D platformer coming soon that looks promising.

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 11:37:04 pm »
I love the name of these characters and the design of Laylee. I'm also really glad they announced PS4 as a potential platform, I'm sure it will hit it's goal on Kickstarter. 3D platforming definitely needed a comeback. Lobodestroyo is another new 3D platformer coming soon that looks promising.

Never heard of that one, but the one I backed awhile ago was "A Hat in Time".  It's in beta now, maybe making release this year, but it has a lot of Banjo influence in terms of gameplay ideas.

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 12:20:44 am »

Never heard of that one, but the one I backed awhile ago was "A Hat in Time".  It's in beta now, maybe making release this year, but it has a lot of Banjo influence in terms of gameplay ideas.

http://www.lobodestroyo.com/

I've heard of A Hat in Time but it seems like they aren't planning to bring that game to consoles so I don't really keep up with it.

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 03:06:50 pm »
The Kickstarter was up for 40 minutes before it was completely funded and now 3 hours in, it's almost triple the amount lol I'm backing it right away. Some cool stretch goals, as they are looking to implement local multiplayer games and even add in mine-cart styled areas like in Donkey Kong Country.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2015, 03:43:12 pm »
Wow! This is being funded so fast! They mentioned the possibility of physical copies in the FAQ so I'm gonna wait for that to buy it. Most people aren't even home from work yet this could probably reach all of the stretch goals in 24 hours.

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2015, 03:45:45 pm »
Wow! This is being funded so fast! They mentioned the possibility of physical copies in the FAQ so I'm gonna wait for that to buy it. Most people aren't even home from work yet this could probably reach all of the stretch goals in 24 hours.

It'll hit a million in a few hours I think.  Hopefully they get a reasonably priced physical box, I know I'd grab that for the Wii U.

indenton

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2015, 04:31:20 pm »
I remember watching a friend playing a bit of Banjo Kazooie as well as a bunch of other games, and while I was a mid-nineties born gamer, I myself did not own a Nintendo 64 until very recently.  Yooka-Laylee is looking great and the music is sounding especially wonderful. 

And GOOD LORD!  The community has made short work of the Kickstarter goal, and the stretch goals are just flying by.  As of writing this now, the Kickstarter has reached £560K, so we've acquired local 2 Player co-op. 

karyann

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2015, 06:49:37 pm »
I'm super extremely excited for Yooka-Laylee  ;D Plus, Playtonic tweeted this afternoon that if they reach 1 million (pounds) pledged by midnight, Grant Kirkhope is going to play Ukulele outside the E3 convention center, and I know I would like to see that  :D

I pledged for a console release for now, the physical rewards are a bit too pricey for me  :-\ Still, I can't wait to see how it goes!

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2015, 07:17:45 pm »
I'm super extremely excited for Yooka-Laylee  ;D Plus, Playtonic tweeted this afternoon that if they reach 1 million (pounds) pledged by midnight, Grant Kirkhope is going to play Ukulele outside the E3 convention center, and I know I would like to see that  :D

I pledged for a console release for now, the physical rewards are a bit too pricey for me  :-\ Still, I can't wait to see how it goes!

I'd be all over the N64 box recreation, but I don't have 500 bucks to spare on this lol And they already made 1 million! They are just about to hit over 1,100,000.  They are going to easily make 2 million I think.

Might be time to go and revisit the Banjo games, even Nuts & Bolts to judge it more on its own merits.  Nice to have the HD versions on the 360.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 07:32:08 pm by kamikazekeeg »

karyann

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2015, 08:30:01 pm »

I'd be all over the N64 box recreation, but I don't have 500 bucks to spare on this lol And they already made 1 million! They are just about to hit over 1,100,000.  They are going to easily make 2 million I think.

A million USD yes, but not a million pounds, which is their money unit  :) It's coming pretty close, though; they are currently at 752k pounds. Let's just hope that the 3.5 hours remaining will be enough!

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2015, 09:05:13 pm »

A million USD yes, but not a million pounds, which is their money unit  :) It's coming pretty close, though; they are currently at 752k pounds. Let's just hope that the 3.5 hours remaining will be enough!

According to twitter, they are counting the 1 million in USD as the mark for that.  Grant will be at E3 with his ukulele :D Also I totally misread the stretch goals, in that they are in pounds, not USD.  They are still guaranteed to get it though as they are up to 1.2 million USD now in just the first day.  They'll get it by tomorrow easily and then we'll see what extras they decide to add.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 09:07:21 pm by kamikazekeeg »