Author Topic: May 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 25402 times)

theflea

Re: May 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2015, 10:12:12 pm »
Got a ton of finds from garage sales, but boy did I snatch some nice finds from a local used game store.

First some online/store finds.

PS4
- Final Fantasy X-X2 HD - Limited Edition

XBone
- Project Cars (with steel book)

GEN
Found this for a decent price, its the reprint but I'm just happy to get a copy.
- Pier Solar  ;D

Now garage sales.

A stuffed Picachu for .25c.  ::)

A Wii Media Stand for $2.

A bunch of controllers....
- Two PS3 controllers in a recharging dock for $5 (also threw in a PS3 Remote)
- A Xbox Controller S (Blue) and a PS1 Memory Card for $1
- Two Gamecube controllers (Black) & (Spice) Spice kinda beat up, but at $1 a piece I couldn't pass on it.

Stopped at a sale and saw a box full of strategy guides some where the collector's editions. They wanted $5 a book, but got the whole box for $30.
- Final Fantasy XIII (CE)
- Final Fantasy XIII-2 (CE)
- Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns (CE)
- Resident Evil 6 (CE)
- Resident Evil 5
- Borderlands 2
- DMC: Devil May Cry
- Tales of Legendia
- Star Ocean: Last Hope
- Star Ocean: Til the End of Time

XBone
- Destiny
Saw this game on a table for $35, I got talking to the guy how I wouldn't pay over $10 for this game due to it being an online only game and one day it would be a coaster... so the guy said he's take $10 for it. lol  :P

Wii
Found a bunch of random Wii games from many different sales.
- Rock Band Country Track Pack ($1)
- Puzzle Challenge Crosswords and More ($1)
- NBA 2K11 ($1)
- Pajama Sam ($1)
- Babysitting Mama (with doll) $1
- Skylanders Giants & Swap Force with both portals and 18 figures for $20
- Mario Kart Wii ($5)
- Animal Crossing City Folk ($5)

XB360
- The Orange Box ($1)

PSP
Been finding a lot of PSP games lately.  :P
- Major League Baseball 2K9 ($1)
- MLB 07 the Show ($1)
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 ($1)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire ($1)
- Transformers the Game ($1)
- Ben 10 Alien Force ($1)
- Sonic Rivals ($1)
- Star Wars Battlefront II ($1)
- Lego Indiana Jones ($1)
- Lumines ($1)
- MotorStorm: Arctic Edge ($1)

NDS
- New Carnival Games ($3)
- Picross 3D ($3)
- Dream Day Wedding Destinations ($2)
- Galactic Taz Ball (free box/manual only)
- Enchanted ($1)
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 ($1)
- Lost in Blue 3 ($1)
- Are You Smarter Then A 5th Grader? ($1)
- Barbie in the 12 Dancing Princesses ($1)
- M&M's Break Em ($1)
- That's So Raven ($1)
- Spiderwick Chronicles ($1)

XB
- Star Wars Jedi Starfighter ($1)
- Outlaw 9 Holes of Xmas ($2)
- Breeders' Cup: World Thoroughbred Championships ($2)
- Mechassault 2 Lonewolf - Limited Edition ($2) sorry forgot it in pic's  :P

PS2
- Franklin: A Birthday Surprise ($2)
- Frogger: Ancient Shadow ($2)
- CSI: 3 Dimensions of Murder ($2)
- Lethal Skies II ($1)
- Star Wars Battlefront II ($1)
- Juiced ($2)
- Cabela's Big Game Hunter ($1)
- Winnie the Pooh (case & manual only - Free)
- Dropship ($2)
- 24 the Game ($2)
- City Crisis ($2)
- Tak 2 ($1)
- Ratatouille ($1)
- G1 Jockey 3 ($2)
- Friends ($2 sealed)

GBA
Picked up a GBA system with 7 games for $20, mainly bought it because of one game.
- Super Mario Bros.  ;)
- Sonic Advance
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf
- Marble Madness / Klax (CIB)
- Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4
- The Little Mermaid
- Namco Museum

That same day, I asked a lady about video games and she said she had some game boy stuff. She brings out a bag with...
- A Game Boy Advance SP (blue 001) with charger and 1 game inside it.
- Super Mario Bros. (again) lol  :P
- A Nintendo DS Lite (white) with charger
I asked what She wanted for it all and she said $5, I I couldn't pass that deal up. lol

PS1
Found these for $1 each
- GTA2
- Star Wars: Episode I the Phantom Menace

N64
Found 2 N64's (not pictured I'll tell you why in a minute) The first was the system, all hookups, no controller with Star Fox 64 for $10.
The 2nd one I found system with all hook ups in a FREE BOX. lol this is the second time I've found a N64 in a free box.
Then I found this one game for $2.
- Star Wars Episode I Racer

GEN
Stopped at a sale and asked a guy about video games, he brings out a box full of Genesis and Atari 2600 stuff. There was nothing I wanted from the Atari's they where in such bad shape. Games where all nothing special, Did pick out a few Genesis games for $1 a piece.
- World Series Baseball 95 (CIB)
- Jeopardy! (CIB)
- Beavis & Butthead (CIB)
- Waynes World (Box and Manual only - Free)
- Cool Spot
- Mario Andretti Racing
- Taz in Escape from Mars
- Star Trek the Next Generation

Stopped at a sale with a stack of PS2 games, Some decent games, FFX, FFX-2, many Dynasty Warrior games and a few 360 games mixed in there, and they where marked $15-$25 a piece. The lady acted all smug saying how she looked them all up online and this is what they where going for.... Ya I passed. lol  :P

Now for the best finds from a used game store.

I walked into a game store I haven't been in for awhile, the owner has always made deals with me. When I asked him "anything cool come in?" he first showed me a Nintendo Game Boy Advance Red Target exclusive system. I asked what He wanted and he said $20. So ya I grabbed it. Next He shows me a Pokemon Mini with cart, was showing me it was going for $30-$50 on ebay then tells me he'll give it to me for $20. So I grabbed that to. Then He shows me a Mega Drive game (Uncharted Waters in Japan) and tells me take for $1. Then He asks if I saw those PS1 educational games he got in? I first thought "What a jump start game?" He shows me two boxes full of PS1 games where only sold to to schools. He said he wanted to get rid of them, and I offered $20 for them and he said take em. lol and last he says I got one more thing you might want. He goes and pulls out a PS1 Blue Dev Kit system.  :o
It was missing the controller and had no hook ups, told me I could have it for $15.  :o
I tell him I have a couple N64's from my garage sales and he gave me $40 credit for them to go towards my purchase.   ;)

« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 10:17:53 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2015, 10:36:25 pm »
I've got to know Flea: How does it feel to be a boss everyday?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2015, 11:27:38 pm »
Hell of a weekend. Well done flea!

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2015, 11:59:06 pm »
This just arrived from Amazon new.

sic

Completely forgot I have a bid on it used on eBay right now.

Hope I lose.

You can cancel bids or do what people do to me all the time when they win at too high of a price and say "Oh, my kid bid on this without me knowing, I don't want it. Please cancel"

Ugh ...

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2015, 02:48:42 am »

sic

Hope I lose.

You can cancel bids or do what people do to me all the time when they win at too high of a price and say "Oh, my kid bid on this without me knowing, I don't want it. Please cancel"

Ugh ...
It's my wife's account and she's got flawless feedback. I don't want to mess that up.

Looks like I'm going to win unless someone snipes me. :P

What's funny is this will be the first item I've bid on and won in the last year.

Can't tell you how many I've been skunked on by snipers.

« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2015, 03:15:14 am »

sic

Hope I lose.

Ugh ...
It's my wife's account and she's got flawless feedback. I don't want to mess that up.

Looks like I'm going to win unless someone snipes me. :P

What's funny is this will be the first item I've bid on and won in the last year.

Can't tell you how many I've been skunked on by snipers.

I've sold three things in the past month or so.  Two of them saw no action till like the last 5 to 10 minutes, with the third getting the starter bid, but mostly sitting out the three days.  Practically every one would have like 6 to 10 bids in the last minute and the third one had like 5+ in the last 20 seconds lol It's crazy, I can't imagine being on the buying side for a lot of this lol

madmax

« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2015, 05:54:10 am »
I haven't been able to collect since I'm out of the country. I'm going back to canada for a couple of weeks though so I am ordering a few things for my arrival :p

I ordered Final Fantasy: Lightning Returns sealed on PS3. To be honest I was surprised I didn't already have it. I'm currently browsing ebay looking for a couple of other cheap goodies I could get.

foxhack

« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2015, 03:13:13 pm »

Canceling a bid doesn't affect your feedback. Hell nothing affects a buyer's feedback now. eBay made it impossible for sellers to leave negs to people who deserve them. And who don't.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2015, 05:26:35 pm »

Canceling a bid doesn't affect your feedback. Hell nothing affects a buyer's feedback now. eBay made it impossible for sellers to leave negs to people who deserve them. And who don't.

eBay sucks. If there were a competent competitor I'd jump ship but there isnt.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2015, 07:53:28 pm »

One hour left.

Not backing out.

Hah. I finally won an auction. :P

karyann

« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2015, 09:01:49 pm »
That Wii stand is really awesome, Flea! I'm pretty jealous of that  ;D

I went to a dozen garage sales yesterday and a flea market today, and the only video games I saw were a Wii without any games, priced at $150, and a few "Imagine" DS games for $20 each... ??? but it's the first week-end of the year for those, so I won't lose hope!  8)

I bought 2 Vita games in stores though, Touch My Katamari was randomly prices $10 at Walmart so I jumped on it! I also grabbed a physical copy of Child of Light because I was afraid I'd have a hard time getting one if I waited too long.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2015, 09:17:32 pm »
Heh, my eBay losing streak is unbroken!

I was outbid by 50 cents in the last minute of the auction!

foxhack

« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2015, 09:19:52 pm »
I didn't mention this the other day...

$1. So glad I got this on Thursday, the flea market got flooded with rain on Friday and I saved it. :p I had to replace the case, but it's in great shape other than that.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2015, 09:54:31 pm »
I didn't mention this the other day...

$1. So glad I got this on Thursday, the flea market got flooded with rain on Friday and I saved it. :p I had to replace the case, but it's in great shape other than that.

I've played this on 3DO. It is thee pinnacle of bad acting lightgun shooters.

Great score!

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2015, 08:24:41 am »
My last additions:
  • Panzer Dragoon Saga PAL - pics
  • Complete Strike series on NTSC SEGA hardware - pics and pics

It's been years I wanted to get my hands on PDS, i'm so glad the PAL version works on NTSC mode on my JP Saturn since I really wanted to play it in 60Hz and the PAL version has those gorgeous boxes! Best RPG ever for me ♥

The Strikes are still awesome to play. I like those yellow-tabbed cartridges that remind me that long ago, EA were kinda pirating SEGA hardware to sell their games...
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE