Author Topic: May 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 25229 times)

thecrypticodor

Re: May 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #135 on: May 26, 2015, 07:48:00 pm »
I don't understand the idea behind buying a flash cart, at all. If you're gonna go the emulation route, why not just download them for free?
A flash cart isn't emulation at all it just lets you load the games ROM file off of a SD card and has a interface to select between multiple ROMS. Whether the ROM is loaded onto the system from a SD card or from an original cartridges EPROM there's really is no difference.

davifus

« Reply #136 on: May 26, 2015, 08:36:07 pm »
3DS games from Bestbuy B1G1 %50 off.

and NDS case and manuals from Fox.

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

kashell

« Reply #137 on: May 26, 2015, 08:48:49 pm »
Who's to say that I don't already own a flash cart. By that same logic why would I spend money on any cartridge based game when I could just use a flash cart. I like having a dedicated cartridge copy. Spending $200 bucks on ebay for a game like Earthbound knowing that probably around 10-15 percent of them being sold on there are fakes anyway is not particularly appealing to me.

I didn't see any problem with the guy who posted his Secret of Mana 2 and his Chrono Triger repros last month. Or the myriad of others who have posted them before on this site. I don't see why this focus is on poor little thecrypticodor  :'(

I've actually said this to a lot of people. Repro game creators and sellers are scum. Argho230328jd8wed-28djw9dj

This is why I rarely reply to these posts. I should just shut the hell up.

Can we get that in writing?

ZOMG just kidding! ...or am I?

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #138 on: May 26, 2015, 10:53:43 pm »
I don't understand the idea behind buying a flash cart, at all. If you're gonna go the emulation route, why not just download them for free?

A couple reasons:

• Variety - Homebrews, hacks, prototypes, fan translations all on original hardware! :)
  • Portability - I have a Retro Duo Portable V2 which is awesome. But you know what is not awesome? Taking my real TMNT Turtles in Time, Star Fox 2, and 30 other games out and about with me to lose/forget somewhere and find posted later on ebay. It's just easier having one cart with them all on there.
  • Economy - I should not need to drop $1,000 to play Little Sampson and Bonks Adventure on the nes just once.

argyle

« Reply #139 on: May 27, 2015, 12:06:16 am »
So I went against my "no digital" rule to pickup Saints Row IV Re-Elected + Gat Out of Hell for $15.50 in the current PSN sale. GOoH is digital only anyway. I'll grab a physical copy of SR4:RE when it drops below $10 eventually. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Warmsignal

« Reply #140 on: May 27, 2015, 12:11:23 am »
So I went against my "no digital" rule to pickup Saints Row IV Re-Elected + Gat Out of Hell for $15.50 in the current PSN sale. GOoH is digital only anyway. I'll grab a physical copy of SR4:RE when it drops below $10 eventually.

Actually, I've seen GOoH stand alone hard copy many times in GameStop. Think it's down to 15 pre-owned.

argyle

« Reply #141 on: May 27, 2015, 07:29:47 am »

Actually, I've seen GOoH stand alone hard copy many times in GameStop. Think it's down to 15 pre-owned.

You must be talking about PS3 - I've only seen it bundled for the PS4, and it's definitely a code in that bundle.
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

doafan

« Reply #142 on: May 27, 2015, 10:08:38 am »
    Economy - I should not need to drop $1,000 to play Little Sampson and Bonks Adventure on the nes just once.

Damn that was the same reason why I didn't spend 400 bucks just to play this tittle, am not against emulation because have used this a lot in the past neither to use a flash cart in fact I want the RetroPak but as you said the economy and my budget can't afford me to do this purchase, not right now, so instead of this I use the NesterCD in my Dreamcast and it's the same thing, just wonder if there is a NES to DC adapter cause the damn controller is not one of my favorites  :-\[/list]

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #143 on: May 27, 2015, 03:29:31 pm »
    PS2
    Front Mission 4
    the Bouncer

NGC
    Battalion Wars

SNES
    Actraiser
    Actraiser 2

Veilor

« Reply #144 on: May 27, 2015, 04:04:10 pm »
    Well I'm back after like a year inactivity. Anyway let's jump on this months pickups!

Xbox 360
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2
    Diablo III Reaper of Souls - Ultimate Evil Edition

Steam
    Higurashi When They Cry - ch.1 Onikakushi

stealthrush

« Reply #145 on: May 27, 2015, 08:20:06 pm »
    Just acquired Trapt (Kagero II: Dark Illusion) for PS2 over at 99gamers.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #146 on: May 28, 2015, 01:45:34 am »
    Purchased the game last month only to find that it was in a delivery limbo, but I'm glad it arrived.  Plus, in awesome condition.

Dual Hearts (PS2)

Please check out the games I have for sale.

kashell

« Reply #147 on: May 28, 2015, 08:22:38 am »
    Purchased the game last month only to find that it was in a delivery limbo, but I'm glad it arrived.  Plus, in awesome condition.

Dual Hearts (PS2)

<3 <3 <3

Excellent, excellent game. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I'm so glad that I bought the game at launch because I never, ever see it.

argyle

« Reply #148 on: May 28, 2015, 09:02:03 am »
    Stopped by Gamestop last night to speak with my friend / manager, and while I was waiting on him to get off the phone I thumbed through their cheap bin. Was shocked to see a mint copy of Hellboy: The Science of Evil because I've been looking for it for a while with no luck. Dunno if it's any good or not, but I really like Hellboy so it was worth $5 for me to add it to the collection. :)

BTW, I would be celebrating the fact that this is my 300th PS3 game, but I'm about to sell a few & drop back down so I'll save that for when it's going to be permanent. ;) 

« Reply #149 on: May 29, 2015, 10:41:14 am »
    While the state of Amiibo is still extremely awful, I am happy that I was able to snag the two I wanted from this wave without a pre-order.  Got pretty lucky really.