Author Topic: World of Nintendo  (Read 2198 times)

Warmsignal

World of Nintendo
« on: May 10, 2015, 12:21:12 pm »
I figured this deserved it's own thread as opposed to recently added thread. So I was mowing a yard near the back side of this pawn shop, and I happened to look over and notice these two WoN display units just sitting outside. We called the guy up who runs the shop, and sure enough he was just going to junk them. One went to my bro, and one for me. Condition is a bit worn, most notably... both missing the WoN logo from the top. But, I think they will clean up well. These are the big models, 5 feet long by 6 feet tall. They're back-lit and feature a separate shelving area for consoles and accessories at the bottom. These units came from a Kmart store.

Never thought I'd stumble across one of these, let alone two of them, for free! The biggest problem for me right now, is figuring out where I'm going to fit mine in my home! I'd love to put my NES games in it. We are thinking about having a sign shop just repro the WoN logos for us, if possible. It's a thin plastic logo that screws over top of the clear.

FYI, Kmart is getting out of the games market, and there's a chance these things might turn up behind their stores, if they're not already gone. The last time I went in to their store, they had already taken their more modern game displays out. So you might go check, or ask around there if they have any of these left.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: World of Nintendo
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 01:05:42 pm »
Dude you are lucky and that is awesome!!!! I hate you and your brother right now!  ;D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 01:28:36 pm »
Dude, you just hit the jackpot!

I have a friend who paid $500 for two of these things, both in worse condition than the ones you stumbled upon. These things are highly sought after by Nintendo fans and make excellent shelves for what else than Nintendo games :p.

I wonder if someone could make you a custom World of Nintendo logo for the top or if you' be able to find them online?

indenton

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 04:00:11 pm »
That was a great find, no even that, that was an amazing find! 

I'm very happy for you... does that sound weird?

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 04:49:34 pm »
Crazy awesome find.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 04:53:51 pm »
That was a great find, no even that, that was an amazing find! 

I'm very happy for you... does that sound weird?

its an amazing find, rarely am I jealous, but this is one of few times.. I wouldnt even have room for that in my apartment, but damn it. I would have still got it too haha
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 10:06:12 am »
Awesome find!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 10:44:05 am »
Very, Very Cool!  Congrats!  Seriously one of the coolest finds I've seen in a while.

theprestige2000

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 01:48:56 pm »
Ironically I think Kmart was the first store I ever saw used games in, and the first place I ever bought them from.  They had SNES carts in blue cardboard trays that were shrink wrapped.  I bought a copy of Act Raiser for 14.99 (I think) back in 1995.

argyle

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 01:57:36 pm »
Awesome, a little TLC & these will look amazing in a game room! :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

doafan

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 01:58:37 pm »
Damn really want to see this awesome find totally restored have to admit that I totally envy you  >:(

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

indenton

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2015, 07:09:59 pm »
Actually yeah! You should post some photos if you get them restored, or once you have it set up in your game room.