Author Topic: Games not showing up in search causing duplicates  (Read 918 times)

yancakes

Games not showing up in search causing duplicates
« on: May 15, 2015, 04:42:23 am »
So I've just added a couple of EU versions of Vectrex games, and another collector messaged me saying I was creating duplicates. Is the search system completely broken? Cuz I go in to advanced mode and search Vectrex EU for "Blitz!" and nothing shows up, I search all for "Blitz!" and I've looked through everything and Blitz! for Vectrex EU doesn't show up (NA version did). Some games that he (mastafafik) uploaded showed up, some didn't.

I want to contribute to this archive but this kind of issue makes it a bit tricky :P

Re: Games not showing up in search causing duplicates
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 05:31:30 am »
I found out that the best (safe) way to find a game in the database is to write not the whole title, but only few words from the title.
For example, when I write "blitz" it will find European version of Vectrex Blitz!, but when I put the whole title (Blitz!), with exclamation mark, it will not find the European version of the game.

matt

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 09:27:33 am »
Looking into this now...

It's definitely the ! that is throwing it off.

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 06:51:09 pm »
It would be nice if there were some type-ins for games so that if a games name is typed in wrong it can still find it based on misspelled variations, although it would take some time to edit type-ins for games across the entire database. This would have saved a lot of time on searches if done from the beginning.

yancakes

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 09:09:20 pm »
I'm happy to avoid using anything other than standard characters for searches, but hopefully it's something that can be fixed. mastafafik didn't seem too impressed with me duping his entries haha