Author Topic: Do you collect anything besides video games?  (Read 9057 times)

jcalder8

Do you collect anything besides video games?
« on: February 10, 2012, 10:35:03 pm »
I used to have a sizable collection of DVDs but I have sold off a number of them as I have continued to focus on video games. I have just started to buy video game action figures and other memorabilia.

So what else do you collect?

madmax

Re: Do you collect anything besides video games?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 02:11:12 pm »
I've collected semi precious stones in the past and model cars but it was always a small phase that I could not afford in the long run (because of age). I do still have boxes full of semiprecious stones somewhere though xD I also still have my collectible Ferrari's at my moms house but she lives on the other side of the country :( I wasn't able to bring them over to BC.

scott

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 03:28:40 pm »
I got into reading comics for awhile, and collected the entire runs of Wolverine: Origins and The New Avengers. I still like to read comics but I haven't bought any new ones in a while. I also have a decent collection of action figures, some of the Metal Gear Solid ones, all the MGS2 ones and a few other game based ones. There is a set of Castlevania figures by NECA I've been eyeing for awhile now. Also, I paint minis for games like Warhammer 40k and my P&P RPG, so I have a pretty sizeable collection of those.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

darko

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 03:47:36 pm »
I've collected movies in the past. I still buy them but I wouldn't say I'm a movie collector at this point. I think I have ~ 500 between bluray and dvd.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 05:52:58 pm »
My father and uncle collected comic books for a number of years, so that was something I picked up on. I've been sorting and organizing both my collection and my father's/uncle's collection and am finally starting to get a handle on things. Best thing we ever did was get Drawer Boxes to store everything in.

I also have a bit of a classic computer collection. That one's a love-hate relationship and one that just sort of happened. The biggest piece I have in that collection is the body of a Cray Y-MP EL98 supercomputer (missing the processor cards and memory boards and whatnot).

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 08:50:52 pm »
I've recently started collecting the #1 of the Mangas associated with my favorite animes. don't judge. :)

pacpix

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 09:49:43 pm »
I collect Weird Al Cds:)
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

jcalder8

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 10:37:10 pm »
I collect Weird Al Cds:)

Very nice! I have a few of these myself.

azai392

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 11:55:36 pm »
I collect some Gundam Models and anime figures but not very many.

tpugmire

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 06:24:28 am »
I used to have a huge Star Wars collection, but it got to be too much, so I sold most of it off.  Not sure if this counts as a collection, but I restore old Vespa scooters.  I've done a 1956 Fenderlight (really rare), a 1980 PX-125, and I have a 1979 PX-125 that I'm currently working on. I also have my 2002 ET4 that I bought new.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

foxhack

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 08:45:44 am »
http://foxhack.dvdaf.com/ (DVDs, hasn't been updated in AGES because adding new stuff is a pain.)
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Foxhack (CDs, not quite up to date, I still haven't added about 90% of my less than legal digital collection.)

killerchameleon

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 08:59:48 am »
Cash, that’s what I like collecting.  I hope one day I can collect enough cash so that I can fill up an entire vault room like Uncle Scrooge in Duck Tales.  Lately it’s been hard collecting cash if anyone has any cash they wish to part with please send to me and make I dream become a reality.

scott

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 09:38:59 am »
 I hope one day I can collect enough cash so that I can fill up an entire vault room like Uncle Scrooge in Duck Tales.

Don't forget to take a daily swim in it. :D
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

darko

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 11:19:07 am »
$1 Million in pennies is ~ 1271 cubic feet ~ 9507 gallons ~ a 20' x 14' pool that's 6' deep.

Uncle Scrooge swam in gold coins in a building that was probably ~ 20 x 20 x 100.

Good luck!

killerchameleon

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 04:44:56 am »
Can’t blame a man for trying…..maybe one day I will take that swim.