Author Topic: June 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 26309 times)

Wow June already!! Let's kick things off:

Funny enough I actually ordered this lot all the way back on May 6 and it finally arrived Saturday. Super Smash Brothers (x3), Super Mario 64 (x2), Mario Party 2, Mario Kart 64, Mario Tennis, Baku Bomberman 2, F-Zero X, Paper Mario, Star Wars Episode I Racer, and Doshin the Giant for GameCube.

Funny how a lot of Japanese Nintendo manuals are often more colorful or more detailed than the box cover. -At least on more modern systems anyhow.

Re: June 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 04:39:09 am »
I've crossed off a bunch of stuff from my SNES wishlist today, including SUPER CASTLEVANIA IV, SUPER GHOULS & GHOSTS, ROCK & ROLL RACING.

Looks to be a good month.

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 10:31:07 am »
Very nice badATchaos! There are some interesting Japanese exclusive titles on the N64 I'd like to pick up. Interesting to see the difference in label art as well.

davifus

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 11:01:40 am »
- Love Live - MUSE BEST ALBUM BEST LIVE! COLLECTION II from NIS 'Murica
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 12:44:15 pm »
Very nice badATchaos! There are some interesting Japanese exclusive titles on the N64 I'd like to pick up. Interesting to see the difference in label art as well.
I got a couple exclusives so far, including the original Custom Robo, Sin & Punishment. I bought this lot because it was really cheap. By reselling the doubles I can easily make my money back.

Edit: My Platnium Game Boy Player arrived today! Now I just need to get Indigo  ;)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 08:18:09 pm by badATchaos »

stealthrush

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 09:23:12 pm »
Awesome game pick-ups, very clean looking as well! I remember reading about Doshin the Giant in a Game Fan years ago always was curious about it, especially the N64 DD version. Shame the GC version was only released in JP/EU. Some N64 JPN exclusives are really worth buying, Wonder Project J2: Koruro no Mori no Josette comes to mind.

argyle

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 07:25:57 am »
Picked up a used-but-minty Princess Peach Wiimote Plus this weekend from Gamestop - that completes my set of the 3 US released themed Wiimotes. :)

Also grabbed Splatoon yesterday thanks to the current 50% bonus trade-in promo GS is running.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 08:02:10 am »
I got the first Lufia and Gitaroo Man (PS2 version). Two great games for two great systems. They just don't make games like they used to.

EDIT: And and and, my copy of Grim Grimoire arrived in the mail yesterday. ^^ I knew I was forgetting something.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 01:01:28 pm by kashell »

doafan

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2015, 10:14:37 am »
After 19 days of waiting two of my latest purchases finally arrived into the office yesterday, I do hate the Mexican postal service can't believe that every time that a package goes to the main city they always lost them for several days anyway the two tittles that I just received are Dragon Warrior and The Simpsons: Bart vs. the World, paid only $ 5 bucks for the first one and $ 6 for the second by the way this is the first time that I that see the back of the cartridge is not like the rest, this one has the Manufactured by Akklaim logo in the Nintendo license, as far as I remember they had a policy where all the cartridges that was sold to the developers had to be manufactured by them, guess that I need to read little more just to be sure about this or maybe they did some exceptions.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2015, 12:04:06 pm »
After 19 days of waiting two of my latest purchases finally arrived into the office yesterday, I do hate the Mexican postal service can't believe that every time that a package goes to the main city they always lost them for several days anyway the two tittles that I just received are Dragon Warrior and The Simpsons: Bart vs. the World, paid only $ 5 bucks for the first one and $ 6 for the second by the way this is the first time that I that see the back of the cartridge is not like the rest, this one has the Manufactured by Akklaim logo in the Nintendo license, as far as I remember they had a policy where all the cartridges that was sold to the developers had to be manufactured by them, guess that I need to read little more just to be sure about this or maybe they did some exceptions.

Does it actually say "Akklaim", or was that a typo? If it wasn't a typo, then you might have gotten one of those Chinese pirate cartridges. Because it's spelled "Acclaim".

doafan

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2015, 12:15:01 pm »
Am blind as a mole so here is a image of it, so please be my guest and help me to solve this doubt  :-\

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2015, 12:53:30 pm »
It are C's, but they look like K's. It always has look like that.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2015, 01:00:01 pm »
Huh, strange. I've never come across non-Nintendo made NES cartridges besides pirates, repros, Tengen, and Color Dreams.

doafan

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2015, 01:18:31 pm »
Damn I guess that have to search with some friends more info about it and see in the web if this is official, also to see if somebody from here has it and if it's looks as mine, didn't spent that much but the long time that I took to received was a pain in the ass  >:(

abe

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2015, 03:11:44 pm »
Today I got my Ness Amiibo and picked up my preorder for Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven (3DS). The other day I also picked up Drawn to Life (DS) for a few bucks and picked up Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd (PS Vita) as well.

Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)