Author Topic: Where I've Been...  (Read 2506 times)

amauriel

Where I've Been...
« on: June 05, 2015, 09:37:21 am »
Hi everybody! I swear I've been lurking a bit and not posting, but I haven't been around the last month very much.

Well, today I'm having one of those "OMG, I need to tell SOMEONE" days. So here we go...Ronalopolis and I put in an offer (that was accepted) on a house!

We've always had the majority of our games in a storage room because we've never had the room to put them out. The new place isn't too much bigger than the townhouse we've lived in for the last 7 years, but it does have a downstairs room that is about double the size of the basement we have now. AND the one we have now is also the computer room, which will have a dedicated room in the new place. So basically, we're going to have FOUR TIMES the space to put out all of our retro games!

We've still got lots to do before we can call the house ours, but the waiting without telling people (because we don't want to post it all over Facebook and then have something go wrong before closing) is killing me. Also, trying to figure out what games are going where and what kind of shelves we need and how we want to organize everything...I can't wait to take a measuring tape and the IKEA catalog to the new place and have a few hours to plan.

Unless something goes wrong, I'd like to post pictures of the transformation from what we have now and the boring room we're moving it all into, so people can see what all goes in to making it awesome.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 09:44:43 am by amauriel »
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

soera

Re: Where I've Been...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 09:53:26 am »
Its great to hear from you again. :)

Im looking forward to pics of the actual game room!

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 09:53:57 am »
Hi everybody! I swear I've been lurking a bit and not posting, but I haven't been around the last month very much.

Well, today I'm having one of those "OMG, I need to tell SOMEONE" days. So here we go...Ronalopolis and I put in an offer (that was accepted) on a house!

We've always had the majority of our games in a storage room because we've never had the room to put them out. The new place isn't too much bigger than the townhouse we've lived in for the last 7 years, but it does have a downstairs room that is about double the size of the basement we have now. AND the one we have now is also the computer room, which will have a dedicated room in the new place. So basically, we're going to have FOUR TIMES the space to put out all of our retro games!

We've still got lots to do before we can call the house ours, but the waiting without telling people (because we don't want to post it all over Facebook and then have something go wrong before closing) is killing me. Also, trying to figure out what games are going where and what kind of shelves we need and how we want to organize everything...I can't wait to take a measuring tape and the IKEA catalog to the new place and have a few hours to plan.

Unless something goes wrong, I'd like to post pictures of the transformation from what we have now and the boring room we're moving it all into, so people can see what all goes in to making it awesome.

Very nice! Congrats!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

woahsweetgreyphix

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 10:17:52 am »
Congratulations! That must be very exciting  :)

Best of luck with moving in and getting everything organized and set up too! I'm looking forward to seeing the new place.

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 10:26:05 am »
GG ^^

Our house is constructing as well and will be finished in 4 months, we have a gaming room project too, so exciting indeed!
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

matt

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 12:34:53 pm »
woot! Congrats on the house. Bought one a few years back and know how excited, nervous, emotional, awesome, shitty it can be.

amauriel

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 12:55:55 pm »
Yeah, the area we wanted to move to (about half an hour south of where we live) is a really fast-moving market right now. I didn't like seeing a house one day and putting the offer in the next, just to find out someone had beat me to it. It's already been a ridiculous time-consuming process and we're just getting started!

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 01:03:01 pm »
Congrats!  Can't wait to see how things turn out (and it's so good to hear from you :) )!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

pacpix

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2015, 04:45:19 pm »
Congratulations!  Now you have an excuse to buy more games to fill up that extra space!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

amauriel

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 02:32:33 pm »
Follow-up: We closed on the house on Friday! The downstairs is going to be the retro game room. We've gotten it painted (every wall in the house was cream) and as soon as I get off work tonight we'll start assembling some massive new shelves. We started in that room but it'll be the last one we probably finish because the Xbox store display and the arcade cabinet are some of our heavier/bulkier items to move.

I'm hoping to get some pictures soon!

desocietas

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 12:55:45 pm »
Follow-up: We closed on the house on Friday! The downstairs is going to be the retro game room. We've gotten it painted (every wall in the house was cream) and as soon as I get off work tonight we'll start assembling some massive new shelves. We started in that room but it'll be the last one we probably finish because the Xbox store display and the arcade cabinet are some of our heavier/bulkier items to move.

Woo! Congrats! Can't wait to see the collection room! Also, all the Harvest Moon plushies! Did you see the new sheep? The premium plushies are too cute.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2015, 12:59:40 pm »
Cant wait till you are back! Looking forward to pics of everything. :D

amauriel

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2015, 08:53:50 am »

Woo! Congrats! Can't wait to see the collection room! Also, all the Harvest Moon plushies! Did you see the new sheep? The premium plushies are too cute.

Ronalopolis got me the set with the big dog, panda, chicken/chick, and cow at Christmas last year. I saw the sheep but haven't added that to the collection yet. I'm hoping to have one of the shelves we're working on be nothing but Harvest Moon games/plushies, but there is a limit to how much space we have, haha.