Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 35730 times)

Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #285 on: February 16, 2016, 02:29:22 pm »
I wanna say I can't wait.  But I'm actually kind of underwhelmed by what I'm hearing.  Sounds like we are getting 1 Fallout sized DLC (talking about the usual new world stuff) and a bunch of paid title updates.  Wasteland workshop sounds kind of like Hearthfire from Skyrim, which IMO, doesn't add a lot to the game, but it is priced accordingly. 

They said $60 worth of DLC.  Far Harbor is $25, and the other 2 combined are $15.  You're already at $40, so there is no room for another Far Harbor sized DLC.

I think gone are the days of 4-5 big DLC worlds.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Automatron didn't sound like it adds a new world like Far Harbor

This is how I look at it. if you are willing to spend the $25 just for far Harbor then instead spend $30 for the season pass. making the remaining $35 of dlc for $5.

They are increasing the season pass after march 1st though so you have a little bit of time to make the final decision.
I bought the gold edition along with the Pip-boy edition, so I already have the season pass, with my out of pocket in the negative.  Somehow Best Buy charged me $36 for the Gold Edition and I sold my extra copy for $53.

I'm not complaining about the price, I'm just stating that it's disappointing that we are only getting one major DLC, whereas FO3 and FONV had 4 or 5 major DLCs.  I'm sure it will be worth every penny regardless.

« Reply #286 on: February 16, 2016, 03:32:09 pm »
Yeah they aren't handling the DLC well here.  Disappointing really.  It's a crappy thing where I want to wait to see if Far Harbor is really worth the price, but by then, it'll have skyrocketed in price.  Doesn't help that Automotron and Wasteland Workshop sound like things that should've been in the game in the first place or free content updates and they haven't said what is going into the rest of the 20 dollars they are putting the price up to.  Likely it'll just be two more small updates like the other two.

« Reply #287 on: February 16, 2016, 03:43:32 pm »
Yeah they aren't handling the DLC well here.  Disappointing really.  It's a crappy thing where I want to wait to see if Far Harbor is really worth the price, but by then, it'll have skyrocketed in price.  Doesn't help that Automotron and Wasteland Workshop sound like things that should've been in the game in the first place or free content updates and they haven't said what is going into the rest of the 20 dollars they are putting the price up to.  Likely it'll just be two more small updates like the other two.
As much as I agree with this mindset, I also see how the developer feels it is justifiable to charge for this content.  Think about how much time you can put into this game compared to other $60 games like Assassin's Creed or Rainbow Six Seige or Call of Duty anything.  Them taking the time to add MORE features to this already expansive game, it's kind of amazing.  If they were to say "Oh, our game is great, and we but so much into it, we are going to charge $70 for the base game" a lot of people would throw shit fits of course, but I know I'd still pay it because it's worth it.

But yes, I agree, I was expecting Fallout DLC like the other 2 Fallouts, not DLC like Skyrim... which honestly should be expected, because that's what they did with Skyrim, why treat it any differently.  I was thinking to myself the other day "Oh my, DLC incoming?  I'm gonna be playing Fallout 4 again".  Now, now I'm like "Okay, I guess I'll wait until May to start playing again".

« Reply #288 on: February 16, 2016, 04:09:05 pm »
If the smaller updates were more substantial, I'd maybe agree, but Automotron is a minor companion bonus and Wasteland Workshop is...Pokemon I guess, but I can't imagine doing much with that.  I'm very interested in the Far Harbor DLC, which could be the only one worth the cost if the size they are saying is right.  I think the previous DLC packs were like 10 or 15 bucks a piece, so if this is like two or three of those in size, that works out fine price wise.

Eh, I don't know.  I'm weak and my Fallout love is strong.  I might just grab the season pass since I'm guaranteed to buy Far Harbor and this saves money.

« Reply #289 on: February 16, 2016, 04:11:17 pm »
If the smaller updates were more substantial, I'd maybe agree, but Automotron is a minor companion bonus and Wasteland Workshop is...Pokemon I guess, but I can't imagine doing much with that.  I'm very interested in the Far Harbor DLC, which could be the only one worth the cost if the size they are saying is right.  I think the previous DLC packs were like 10 or 15 bucks a piece, so if this is like two or three of those in size, that works out fine price wise.

Eh, I don't know.  I'm weak and my Fallout love is strong.  I might just grab the season pass since I'm guaranteed to buy Far Harbor and this saves money.
The Automotron one sounds like there may be quests involved, maybe stopping the Machinist.

Wasteland Workshop is only $5, I think Hearthfire was about that cheap, so I wouldn't expect much more than a tutorial quest explaining how to use the added content.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #290 on: March 14, 2016, 02:47:26 pm »
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 02:49:18 pm by fighterpilot562 »
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #291 on: March 14, 2016, 05:00:26 pm »
More interested in the mod tools getting released next month lol

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #292 on: March 22, 2016, 01:11:33 pm »
come ps4! release it already

1049-2600-8730

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #293 on: March 24, 2016, 10:57:46 am »

8)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #294 on: March 24, 2016, 04:33:23 pm »
I'm back to replaying through Fallout 4, and I got the season pass for 24 bucks on a sale yesterday, so I'll get to the robot quest line eventually.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #295 on: April 05, 2016, 01:27:13 pm »

8)

1049-2600-8730

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #296 on: April 12, 2016, 03:05:54 pm »

hes my baby :D

1049-2600-8730

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #297 on: April 26, 2016, 12:11:04 am »
Haven't been hearing too many good things about this game. I think the early reviews were all just hype reviews. Fans have been speaking out a little more since and it seems that Fallout 3 GOTY and New Vegas are better? At least that's what I've been hearing. Can anyone here who has put in a good amount of time tell me what they think from an unbiased standpoint? A fan who has played FO3 and FONV? I planned to get FO4 but I think I'll wait for the inevitable GOTY edition with all DLC and patches.

Badges

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #298 on: May 04, 2016, 11:43:25 am »

Fallout 4's Far Harbor expansion, the game's third add-on, will launch across the world on May 19 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, Bethesda announced today. A new trailer has also been released.

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #299 on: May 04, 2016, 02:36:41 pm »
Wow, didn't expect it so early.

Jesus, I started a new game, gonna make this my new character to kinda hurry through the game abit and get ready for Far Harbor, but after months of being out, Thicket Excavations, the area is still bugged with that weird texture glitch lol
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 01:33:40 am by kamikazekeeg »