Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 35654 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #315 on: June 01, 2016, 09:50:17 pm »
Wow that looks awesome.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #316 on: June 03, 2016, 03:19:37 pm »
aw yea, might start a new game to play with mods

http://gamerant.com/best-mods-fallout-4-xbox-one/

1049-2600-8730

davifus

« Reply #317 on: June 06, 2016, 04:52:37 pm »
Started a new game on survival.

It is really brutal and I have consider every action I do in the game.

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #318 on: June 13, 2016, 04:57:17 am »
Well with the recent announcement of the next DLC batch, a very disappointing bit of news has come up that I didn't realize.  Bethesda has stated that Nuka World is the final DLC.  Really? The size of Far Harbor was bigger than most of their previous DLC's, but I didn't feel it was super satisfying really.  Nuka World seems smaller too and I can't imagine it'll be to crazy.  Just seems like they maybe would've like to pick more interesting stuff that feels like it would affect the world a little more to me.  Like I expected the fog on Far Harbor to be something man made or affected by the Children of Atom or something, but nah, seems it's just a thing.

Oh well...There is that Fallout New Vegas mod, The New Frontier that is in the works right now that should be amazing and mods on Fallout 4 will eventually bring out new stuff.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #319 on: June 13, 2016, 11:52:43 am »
ya when i heard Nuka was the last DLC i was like wtf?! We need at least another big DLC like Far Harbor, most of the DLC seems to do with settlement type stuff...... Kinda sad if they really not gonna bring another big mission based DLC/

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #320 on: June 13, 2016, 12:13:40 pm »
ya when i heard Nuka was the last DLC i was like wtf?! We need at least another big DLC like Far Harbor, most of the DLC seems to do with settlement type stuff...... Kinda sad if they really not gonna bring another big mission based DLC/

Well that is what Nuka World is, it is the mission DLC for this batch, but with that shot showing off the place, it's clearly gotta be like half the size of Far Harbor.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #321 on: June 13, 2016, 12:24:08 pm »

Well that is what Nuka World is, it is the mission DLC for this batch, but with that shot showing off the place, it's clearly gotta be like half the size of Far Harbor.

oh i know, but i want at least a 3rd one too :o

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #322 on: June 13, 2016, 12:30:38 pm »

oh i know, but i want at least a 3rd one too :o

Oh sure.  I had hoped for something that really involved the world, which is something we don't get much of.  In Fallout 4, it was mostly the Brotherhood of Steel coming from the Capital Wasteland, but I was hoping for like dealing with Enclave holdovers, or just something big of that scale since both Far Harbor and Nuka World are very local and small scale events.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #323 on: June 21, 2016, 12:59:11 am »
DLC is now available

1049-2600-8730

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #324 on: August 31, 2016, 02:26:03 pm »
just started to play Nuka World, so far its pretty good.

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #325 on: August 31, 2016, 05:07:22 pm »
Yeah I'm fairly deep into it and it's pretty entertaining.  More so than Far Harbor was simply because there's more variety to the locations, though the main plot is abit weaker.  Only downside is there isn't any really good gear.  The armor for the raider groups is pretty shitty and the new guns aren't very interesting as the main one you find is just an AK47.  I'm most of the way through it though.  I've cleared all the Nuka World areas and now just doing some of the raider leader missions.  Trying to figure out where the plot might go.

*EDIT*
And done with the pretty much all the quest stuff.  Overall, the scenario and setting is cooler than Far Harbor, but it feels lacking story wise.  The story was pretty one note, which is probably the only thing that Far Harbor does better.  In that you had the story about whether you wanted to side with peaceful Synths, the crazy Atom folk, or the Far Harbor people being pushed off the Island.  You also had the stuff involving Nick and whats his name.  In this, there's really only one choice of helping out Raider.  You can kill the Raider leaders right away for the traders they enslaved, but then you don't get any missions to take from the Raiders, so would make things more boring.

There's also nothing really interesting gear wise.  There's a couple of differently painted Power Armors, and some weapons that mostly just feel like variants.  Nothing truly cool, or at least looked cool, but aren't super useful combat wise.  If I had to rank the two big DLC packs, Far Harbor would be like a 6, and Nuka World might push slightly above at an 7, but abit bummed this is the last of the DLC we'll get.  Guess just gotta wait for someone to make some new crazy mod expansion...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 04:38:44 am by kamikazekeeg »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #326 on: September 01, 2016, 03:04:24 pm »
edit

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #327 on: September 01, 2016, 05:27:05 pm »
I don't have the blue one yet, I still have to get 3 more star cores that I don't know where they are yet lol  There's also another suit over in Bradberton I need to figure out how to get.  I do have the Nuka Cola branded one though and the Green X-01 set.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 05:28:43 pm by kamikazekeeg »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #328 on: September 01, 2016, 05:32:47 pm »
I don't have the blue one yet, I still have to get 3 more star cores that I don't know where they are yet lol  There's also another suit over in Bradberton I need to figure out how to get.  I do have the Nuka Cola branded one though and the Green X-01 set.

i had to use a guide to help me find the 5 i was missing.
i still need to grab the power armor off the freeway overpass
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 06:39:30 pm by fighterpilot562 »

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #329 on: September 01, 2016, 08:12:10 pm »

i had to use a guide to help me find the 5 i was missing.
i still need to grab the power armor off the freeway overpass

I grabbed that one, but I don't think it was anything special.  The cores aren't super hard to find, but once you place them, they remove the locations you can find them at, so basically now I have to find a guide and go to most every location to double check what I did or did not pick up. I do think I have a basic idea of the areas I don't need to go to, but it'll be a little annoying.