Author Topic: Shenmue 3!!!  (Read 13071 times)

Re: Shenmue 3!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2015, 09:45:45 pm »
No, but i watched some lets play yesterday after seeing the big deal about it.

That is definitely one way to experience it (especially with the sharp rise in prices on the first two since 3 was announced), but I can't imagine it doing the game justice. They are absolutely amazing games, incredibly immersive, especially for the time. On top of that, it is one of the most beautiful games I've ever played. I know I'm getting a little dramatic here, but I completely fell in love with both games after playing them around 13-years ago. Not having a third game has been very hard, but now we're finally going to be getting it! I'm damn proud to support something I've wanted for so long, and cannot wait to see what this game becomes :)

woahsweetgreyphix

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2015, 09:52:49 pm »
That is definitely one way to experience it (especially with the sharp rise in prices on the first two since 3 was announced),

Oh man you weren't kidding. I was looking at the price for Shenmue on Ebay the other day, and it was about $30. Now it's $80-100! D: And Shenmue II went from around $10 to $50+! That's ridiculous. I really wanted to play it but I probably won't get around to owning it anytime soon. Luckily my college has a 3,000+ title video game archive so I can just play it there.  8)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 10:00:37 pm by woahsweetgreyphix »

soera

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2015, 10:05:55 pm »
I think the hype/overpriced situation of 1&2 wont last long.

I really do want to support the kickstarter but with just digital, I dont feel I would "gain" anything from my money other than something I have to eventually delete off my PS4.

woahsweetgreyphix

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2015, 10:13:31 pm »
Yeah I hope so. The hype and pricing may stem from the people who used to have the game and want to buy it to replay it before the new one comes out.
In any event, I still need to get all the other essential consoles first (SNES, Genesis, NES, etc.) before I get a Dreamcast, so it will probably be a while before I start seriously considering buying the game anyway.

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2015, 11:35:13 pm »
I think the hype/overpriced situation of 1&2 wont last long.

I really do want to support the kickstarter but with just digital, I dont feel I would "gain" anything from my money other than something I have to eventually delete off my PS4.

I think more importantly you are supporting something that many thought would never happen, and a game that is being handled by one of the most innovative game developers (Yu Suzuki) of all time.

I am not one for digital either, in fact I avoid it unless it is completely free. However, supporting this game, no matter what the platform or means of distribution means more to me than anything else. I am proud to be supporting a game I've wanted more than any other for 13-years, and I think it's so cool my name will be in the credits for supporting its development. That is definitely something I could have never imagined at any point while I was paining over the real possibility that this game would never be made.

So in a way supporting Shenmue 3 and the Kickstarter is a gesture of supporting something you are passionate about more than whether it will be delivered digitally or physically, at least that is how I feel.

There is speculation that if this Kickstarter is successful enough, Sony may offer a physical release at a later date and time, possibly even as part of the Kickstarter. But this is speculation and rumor at best at this point.

Warmsignal

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2015, 11:54:40 am »
Yep, as much as I like Shenmue and do think it's probably one of the greatest games ever. I want a physical copy, and not a PC one. In fact, I want Wii U copy (or maybe a Nintendo NX copy?). ;) Okay, that won't happen. But I will buy a physical copy for PS4, even though I don't intend to get a PS4.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 11:56:15 am by Warmsignal »

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2015, 10:06:43 pm »
Yu Suzuki has clarified the long standing issue around Shenmue 3's funding:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/updates

retroone

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2015, 11:09:18 am »
I don't know if this was posted in another thread but their reactions are priceless.

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2015, 04:23:39 pm »
I don't know if this was posted in another thread but their reactions are priceless.

These things get me every time. I was all of these people wrapped into one giant mess lol. Was literally in tears when they announced it.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2015, 05:02:51 pm »

And I thought I was excited for Fallout 4 hah
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2015, 12:42:20 pm »
We're getting a physical PS4 release!!!!!!!!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/1283532

Back this game and help it be all that it can be :D

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2015, 12:48:08 pm »
We're getting a physical PS4 release!!!!!!!!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/1283532

Back this game and help it be all that it can be :D

That's what I was waiting for!
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2015, 12:49:42 pm »
Boom!!!

davifus

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2015, 01:03:53 pm »
Can anyone clarify for me that is the $60 tier & add-on the only way for Physical PS4? I have the 250 Tier but with the recent addition to physical ps4. I dont see any changes on the 250 tiers saying that we have choice of a physical ps4 copy.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2015, 01:07:23 pm »
Can anyone clarify for me that is the $60 tier & add-on the only way for Physical PS4? I have the 250 Tier but with the recent addition to physical ps4. I dont see any changes on the 250 tiers saying that we have choice of a physical ps4 copy.

They haven't updated the tier description yet, but it says in the update that you'll have the option to select the physical PS4 version if you pledge to the $60 tier or higher. They will be sending out a survey after the KS campaign to ask what version of the game you want, the same way Bloodstained did.