Author Topic: Shovel Knight gets a physical release!  (Read 2337 times)

gf78

Re: Shovel Knight gets a physical release!
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2015, 08:43:43 am »
The bf picked this up last night, and I thought three things were cool:
- the 3DS version supports the Shovel Knight amiibo that will be out later
- it has AN ACTUAL INSTRUCTION BOOKLET. It's full cover, has images of the characters, shows controls for your moves with illustrations and everything.  It almost made me shed a tear thinking about the good ol' days when "instruction booklets" weren't just the front panel of the folded health & safety paperwork.
- includes a digital copy of the soundtrack (which is awesome)

I cracked my PS4 copy open last night and lo & behold, a big, thick full color manual like the days of the SNES!  It's not even a trick, seeming thick at first until you realize it's in forty-seven languages!  I am beyond impressed with the package and I haven't even played the game yet!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2015, 09:26:03 am »
I went and picked up my copy.  Gotta support the physical releases!

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2015, 12:03:29 am »
I'm looking forward to getting it. I've purposely avoided looking at much of it, but it looks like the kind of game I'll love.

I'll get the Wii U version first, and then maybe the 3DS one at a later date.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2015, 03:23:56 am »
I wanted the Xbox one copy for the battletoads content. But the physical release for Xbone has been cancelled. :(

telly

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2015, 10:20:51 am »
I wanted the Xbox one copy for the battletoads content. But the physical release for Xbone has been cancelled. :(

:( As well. I don't really want the 3DS version either, I hope they can release it at some point. They said they're working hard at releasing it, so hopefully it will happen
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

aliensstudios

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2015, 01:31:58 pm »
I got the Wii U version and it's incredible how much you get for your twenty bucks. You get a HUGE manual (I don't know of any game released in the last decade with a manual this detailed or thick), you also get the digital soundtrack which has 48 tracks, my favorite of which is "Courage Under Fire - Armorer Village." I was literally going to buy this game a few days before physical copies where revealed and after about five months I can say the wait was well worth it. I can't wait for the Shovel Knight figure to come out because it unlocks co-operative mode in the game, which is one of the coolest uses of amiibo I've seen so far. Even if you own this game digitally I still say the physical release is worth it, especially if you don't own it for a different platform yet, I can say without a doubt that this is the best fan-serviced release of a game in a long time. Yacht Club Games you rock!
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."