Author Topic: July 2015- Summertime Blues (Recently Added/Purchased Thread)  (Read 25780 times)

desocietas

Re: July 2015- Summertime Blues (Recently Added/Purchased Thread)
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2015, 02:57:29 pm »
Earlier in this thread we were talking about replacement cases for games. Anyone have any suggestions for PS2? I know I could come across some cheap sports games, but I'm just seeing if anyone has found anything of decent quality elsewhere.

The most difficult part is finding cases with the memory card slot.  Otherwise, you could easily replace the case with a DVD case. I haven't found a good place for replacement cases - I just look for cheap PS2 games or cases when I go to my local re-use/thrift store.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2015, 03:01:18 pm »
I just bought a cock-ton of games for $150.  90% is Retropalooza stock.  One of them is Conkers!  Making cash again this year.

abe

« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2015, 03:17:58 pm »
Picked up a few PSP games from a pawn shop for $4 each.

-Jeanne d'Arc
-Valhalla Knights
-Valhalla Knights 2
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

foxhack

« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2015, 03:51:20 pm »
Earlier in this thread we were talking about replacement cases for games. Anyone have any suggestions for PS2? I know I could come across some cheap sports games, but I'm just seeing if anyone has found anything of decent quality elsewhere.

BRE Software used to sell genuine PS2 cases some time ago, dunno if they're still doing that.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2015, 12:34:52 pm »

PS2 cases are so accross the board that I just use DVD cases. Really the only thing you're missing out on with using those is the memory card holder that I doubt anyone uses and the PS2 logo imprinted on the case. Regular DVD cases are super cheap so thats the best route IMO

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2015, 12:59:56 pm »
This message was never here.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 01:22:57 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2015, 03:28:49 pm »
Love some nice Thrift Shop surprises.  Got this all for 30 bucks, in particular gettings the two Mario games for 6 bucks and the N64/Genesis games for another 6 bucks :D

desocietas

« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2015, 04:02:59 pm »
Got Meteos yesterday for about $0.75 from GameStop yesterday.

The bf had to drop some keys off and mentioned that that particular store had a drawer full of boxed DS games.  He asked if I could go through the drawer, and I was happy to find that one.  It's one of those games that I wanted to have but never wanted to pay anything over like $2 for.  Was stocked to find it complete, including Club Nintendo points card (RIP) and for cheap.

A couple other items were appealing, like Mario Party DS and GTA Chinatown Wars, but not quite at the right price point yet.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2015, 05:02:02 pm »
Love some nice Thrift Shop surprises.  Got this all for 30 bucks, in particular gettings the two Mario games for 6 bucks and the N64/Genesis games for another 6 bucks :D

I love that finds still happen.  It's been so dry for me this year.
Well done!

« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2015, 05:29:38 pm »

I love that finds still happen.  It's been so dry for me this year.
Well done!

My finds at this particular thrift store have ranged from awesome (Symphony the Night for a dollar), to so-so.  Generally their stuff is pretty regularly priced, and the deals aren't so great, but I've kinda gotta pretty good off and on over the past year.  When I'm TRYING to find stuff and go regularly, I just don't get anything too great, but today I just popped in for the heck of it and found the games hanging up at 3 bucks for a double pack. 

Oh yeah, I said that wrong before, I actually got Mario Kart and Mario World for 3 bucks together, and Zelda/King of Monsters 2 for 3 bucks together lol I tried to go digging for the N64 that has to be there, cause of the loose power adapter I got in the SNES bag, but it either wasn't brought out yet or somehow there's just a random power adapter lol

« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2015, 08:44:50 pm »
picked up 3 of the legend of zelda hard back guides today.

telly

« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2015, 10:32:15 pm »
Picked up Wipeout XL for a hair over 5 dollars
Yeah, went hard today  ;)
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2015, 06:01:45 am »

That's crazy when I think of the prices of the the Saturn JP version !  :o
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

telly

« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2015, 06:34:07 am »

That's crazy when I think of the prices of the the Saturn JP version !  :o

Yeah, that is strange, I didn't know there was such a huge difference! I wonder why that is..
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

bobster

« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2015, 08:02:15 am »
picked up 3 of the legend of zelda hard back guides today.
Nice pickup! I stupidly didn't think the link between worlds one would be hard to find so never purchased it... Now the prices are redonk.
Currently Playing: The Witcher