Author Topic: If anyone wants new cases for their genesis games.  (Read 1186 times)

tafk

PRO Supporter

If anyone wants new cases for their genesis games.
« on: July 27, 2015, 10:53:47 am »
From the guy who made the GB/C/A and new NES cases that came out 2 weeks ago are now genesis case repros.

As someone who got selected as a tester due to frequenting the forums I'm linking I can say these things are the real deal and indistinguishable from the actual genesis cases I own (just kidding, these ones look brand spanking new so they're better).

If anyone is interested in pre-ordering post in the forum post below!

http://www.thecoverproject.net/forums/index.php?topic=19497.0

turom

PRO Supporter

Re: If anyone wants new cases for their genesis games.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 11:59:27 am »
Cool stuff !

Too bad there's no case format for the "yellow tab" EA cartridges, I would have picked one to replace a half-destroyed box.
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 12:12:58 pm »
Luckily enough it seems that sports games are a dime a dozen and usually have cases (at least by me) so you can probably find those second-hand easily.

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 08:19:51 pm »
Once I have recovered from the atomic bomb to my wallet that was Shenmue 3, I'm going to have to get some of these. I have around 15 or so Genesis cases that are in desperate need of replacements.

soera

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 09:30:28 pm »
I wonder how well these would work on SMS games. I want to finish off my hang tabs.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 10:13:37 pm »
I saw other replacement cases on amazon but they got lots of complaints about the game holder tabs snapping after just a couple uses.

Would these cases be superior?

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 11:55:46 am »
I saw other replacement cases on amazon but they got lots of complaints about the game holder tabs snapping after just a couple uses.

Would these cases be superior?

These are 100% the best. Shadowfox even compared them to other repro cases on the market to make these the best ones out there. The man knows his stuff and has done this successfully twice before.

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 07:40:49 am »
Luckily enough it seems that sports games are a dime a dozen and usually have cases (at least by me) so you can probably find those second-hand easily.

You're right, i did this as well for US Saturn cases. I should even find some in Europe since there was only one format for EA yellow-tabbed games I believe.
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE