Author Topic: August 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 43343 times)

desocietas

Re: August 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2015, 09:47:40 pm »
Bought Dragon Quest VIII on eBay for $8. No manuals/slipcover, but everything else was there, and that's fine with me for the price. I'm super excited to play my first Dragon Quest game!!! :D

Have fun! That was my first DQ game, and I enjoyed it (though never finished it). Have played several of the others and enjoyed all of them as well :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2015, 12:56:25 am »
Bought Dragon Quest VIII on eBay for $8. No manuals/slipcover, but everything else was there, and that's fine with me for the price. I'm super excited to play my first Dragon Quest game!!! :D

Enjoy this one. This was my all time favorite game til Ni no Kuni came out.

gf78

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2015, 01:24:03 pm »
I actually got some good stuff this past Friday and Saturday!  Though I spent a premium for a few of the og PlayStation titles, I did pretty well on the others.

PlayStation

SaGa Frontier (complete  & mint except for writing on outside of the front of the case)
SaGa Frontier 2 (complete & mint)
Brave Fencer Musashi (complete and mint with bonus disc and bonus booklet)

PlayStation 2

Unlimited SaGa (complete with normal shelf wear)
Romancing SaGa (complete with normal shelf wear and a few light scratches on the disc)
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance (complete with normal shelf wear)
Onimusha Blade Warriors (complete with minor shelf wear and a few scratches on the disc)
Samurai Legend Musashi (complete with normal shelf wear and a few scratches on the disc)
Star Ocean Till the End of Time (complete with normal shelf wear and a few scratches on the discs...I think this one is a limited edition as it has different cover art.)
Everquest Online Adventures (complete with minor shelf wear and a few light scratches on the disc)

PlayStation 3

Lollipop Chainsaw (complete with light shelf wear)
Star Ocean the Last Hope International (complete with light shelf wear)

NES

Super Mario Bros. 3-screw (cartridge only but in great condition)

3DS/New 3DS

New 3DS system in black (brand-new)
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (brand-new)
Shinobi (light shelf wear)
Dead or Alive Dimensions (light shelf wear)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

desocietas

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2015, 01:41:29 pm »
Nice scores on the RPGs! I need to round out my SaGa library...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

gf78

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2015, 01:42:59 pm »

My first Dragon Quest was Dragon "Warrior" (the western title) on the NES.  Got it free with a Nintendo Power subscription.

Man...I'm old.   :(
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

gf78

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2015, 01:47:25 pm »

Thank you!  I've always loved the old Squaresoft RPG's.  The SaGa games were great and I've never played Unlimited or Romancing.  Looking forward to messing around with those. 

I'm going to focus on getting the last 11 Squaresoft games I need for the PS1, then pick up the odd title here & there I need for PS2.  Eventually, I want to get all the Final Fantasy, SaGa and Legend titles for the NES, SNES, GameBoy/Color/Advance, etc. 

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2015, 03:10:02 pm »
Got these in the mail today...

Nothing really interesting, just FF X, a copy of Aggressive Inline with the box and manual, Need For Speed Most Wanted Black Edition, and a manual for the copy of Half Life I found at Goodwill a couple months ago.

Let me know if the image is too big, imgur didn't resize it.

desocietas

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2015, 03:19:55 pm »

Thank you!  I've always loved the old Squaresoft RPG's.  The SaGa games were great and I've never played Unlimited or Romancing.  Looking forward to messing around with those. 

I'm going to focus on getting the last 11 Squaresoft games I need for the PS1, then pick up the odd title here & there I need for PS2.  Eventually, I want to get all the Final Fantasy, SaGa and Legend titles for the NES, SNES, GameBoy/Color/Advance, etc.

Uh, don't get too hyped for Unlimited SaGa.  It was the only RPG rental I remember getting and trying and giving up on after about 1 hour of yelling, "What the hell am I even supposed to do? How does that work? What is that wheel? Is this a battle system of some sort?" etc.  The game makes no sense to me.  But part of me wants to go back to it to try it to see if it makes any more sense now that I'm older, haha.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

gf78

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2015, 03:28:02 pm »

Uh, don't get too hyped for Unlimited SaGa.  It was the only RPG rental I remember getting and trying and giving up on after about 1 hour of yelling, "What the hell am I even supposed to do? How does that work? What is that wheel? Is this a battle system of some sort?" etc.  The game makes no sense to me.  But part of me wants to go back to it to try it to see if it makes any more sense now that I'm older, haha.

LOL...I'll temper my excitement.  In any event, it's one more of the "SaGa" games checked off my list.   :P

Unlimited Saga was not well-received outside of Japan, receiving mostly low to average scores from critics. Electronic Gaming Monthly simply declared: "This game sucks. Unlimited Saga exemplifies everything that's wrong with RPGs today and throws it all together in one deluxe package for all to avoid like the plague."[20] Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine largely agreed, stating that the game "ruined the SaGa franchise" with its "excruciating difficulty, obtuse mechanics, a stifling lack of freedom, and a brutal mission structure that punishes you as often as it rewards you."[34] GameSpot called it "simply unpleasant to play", calling the gameplay "irksome" and remarking that "[t]he reel system is interesting in theory, but in practice it's just an annoyance".[24] The website would additionally pan the game's "incredibly nonsensical" story and voice acting that ranges from "decent to really bad."
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 03:33:20 pm by gf78 »

kashell

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2015, 03:38:11 pm »
Unlimited Saga was a shipwreck. I hate telling people to avoid certain games because people have different opinions and blah-de-blah but, yeah...awful game. I only know of one person who really enjoys it. I'm sure there is something there when you finally get it, but getting to that point is an absolute nightmare.

Great music, though.

desocietas

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2015, 04:11:45 pm »

Unlimited Saga was not well-received outside of Japan, receiving mostly low to average scores from critics. Electronic Gaming Monthly simply declared: "This game sucks. Unlimited Saga exemplifies everything that's wrong with RPGs today and throws it all together in one deluxe package for all to avoid like the plague."[20] Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine largely agreed, stating that the game "ruined the SaGa franchise" with its "excruciating difficulty, obtuse mechanics, a stifling lack of freedom, and a brutal mission structure that punishes you as often as it rewards you."[34] GameSpot called it "simply unpleasant to play", calling the gameplay "irksome" and remarking that "[t]he reel system is interesting in theory, but in practice it's just an annoyance".[24] The website would additionally pan the game's "incredibly nonsensical" story and voice acting that ranges from "decent to really bad."

Haha, yeah, I read that back when the title resurfaced in my brain, when I was wondering if it really was as bad as I remembered.  After I read that bit above, I was like, "Oh, ok, it wasn't just me, lol."  But I'm still tempted to give it another go considering how bad it's supposed to be!  ::)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2015, 04:36:14 pm »
I've heard it's so bad even I don't want to play it. :P

desocietas

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2015, 05:17:41 pm »
I've heard it's so bad even I don't want to play it. :P

Hahaha, and that's saying something  ;)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2015, 06:50:59 pm »
One of the sellers at the flea market brought a ton of PS2, Gamecube and Xbox games, and she was selling them for $2 a pop, but every game I checked was either sunfaded, scratched to hell, or missing the disc. :( I ended up grabbing a single thing from that booth.

PlayStation Interactive CD Sampler Disc Vol. 7 - $1
The other CD was bought at a booth for a quarter. I also got three CD-Rs, one of which had Windows XP and a key written on it, the other had Half-Life and a key written on it, and the third was labeled "games" and had a bunch of cracked games on it. I dunno if the keys work, but I figured I'd give it a shot. :P

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2015, 07:24:16 pm »
Gamecube controller for $2.50  8)
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730