Author Topic: Games you played as a kid but can't remember the name of?  (Read 6587 times)

telly

Re: Games you played as a kid but can't remember the name of?
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2015, 10:55:37 am »
I'm still trying to figure out which of the 2 Spider-man games I had  :-\ I think I had the second one?

Which system? Are you referring to the Game boy Color?

Yeah Game Boy Color... I remember you would fight people in a park at night, and inside an apartment. I remember Doc Ock was in it too... That's all I got haha

Was it Spider-Man 2: The Sinister Six?

I'm not sure  :-\ I don't remember the name of the game, just what was in it. But if what I'm describing sounds like the 2nd game then it probably is. I need to buy it or watch a play through of it to really remember..
Currently Playing:
Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch), Super Paper Mario (Wii)

My music collection | My Backloggery

retroone

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2015, 08:41:23 pm »
I'm still trying to figure out which of the 2 Spider-man games I had  :-\ I think I had the second one?

Which system? Are you referring to the Game boy Color?

Yeah Game Boy Color... I remember you would fight people in a park at night, and inside an apartment. I remember Doc Ock was in it too... That's all I got haha

Was it Spider-Man 2: The Sinister Six?

I'm not sure  :-\ I don't remember the name of the game, just what was in it. But if what I'm describing sounds like the 2nd game then it probably is. I need to buy it or watch a play through of it to really remember..

Here's a screenshot of it.

thewelshman

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2015, 05:40:40 am »
There's one game that I have to look up and remind myself of the name, EVERY year, at least once. That game is, "MegaRace." I remember playing the crap out of this game on my Aunt's Windows 3.1 PC. No matter how much I played it, I could only get to a certain track and then would lose. One of these days I'm going to fire an emulator up and beat it.

This guy was creepy.

https://youtu.be/EsJ0lghEJoQ

telly

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2015, 09:28:00 am »
Here's a screenshot of it.

It looks pretty close to what I remember; I think I'll have to buy it to find out for certain. I do remember that park area, though, so I'm about 80% sure this is the one I played. Thanks for helping me out! :D
Currently Playing:
Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch), Super Paper Mario (Wii)

My music collection | My Backloggery

retroone

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2015, 10:05:27 am »
Thanks for helping me out! :D

No problem!  :)

dondetti

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2015, 03:42:24 am »
I have some more. These are from my earliest ages into gaming, so my memory is super hazy.

-This one was on C64: You were some kind of knight on a round descending platform and constantly in danger of being blown off from the platform by cloud people. So you had to steer against the wind to not fall down. Graphics were pretty good for its time, primitive 3D like Another World/Flashback. If you did happen to fall off and had extra lifes left there was this really silly death/reviving animation where you just collapsed into a heap of bones and then "reassambled" into a posing knight again.

-Pretty sure it was C64 but not 100%: You were some kind of gnome or dwarf, top down view. I don't know the exact location, a castle or a house, I just remember that there was a secret passage in a chimney or something? I was too young to understand what to do in this game so I just wandered around while collecting stuff. I still remember it had a strange atmosphere and the music was really good. I guess it's too vague so I have to browse through C64 libraries for games featuring tiny people...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 03:44:48 am by dondetti »
I can you only chance
You need spell your soul
To the horrid spooky devil
That's a voyage to Hell

Games: https://vgcollect.com/dondetti
Music: https://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/parabellum

aliensstudios

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2015, 11:54:01 am »
I remember there used to be a Hot Wheels game I used to play a lot on PC. I vaguely remember it but you could race in tournaments and create you own tracks. I do remember there was a level in a kids bedroom where you were able to got out the window and explore the backyard.

Stunt Track Driver. It was one of my favourites as a kid

Thank you so much! Now it's time to hunt down a copy on eBay.

I own Stunt Track Driver and Micro Racers, both good games, but in Stunt Track Driver you couldn't race, there wasn't tournaments either. Micro Racers was all about racing. Maybe you're getting the two mixed/combined?

By looking at screenshots I have never played Micro Racers but it does look like a fun game. Who knows what other game I could be getting it mixed up with.  :o
I just installed these two on and old Windows XP machine and they are really fun, just as much as I remember them being. I played with a controller and it makes the experience sooo much better, I can't believe I beat these games with a keyboard back in the day. You could probably get both games for around ten bucks if you've got the disposable income.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

baseycillings

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2015, 10:45:43 pm »
I just found out the name of mine. Plok on the SNES. I would always rent this weird platformer with this little pink Majin Buu looking guy who was looking for his Grandpappy or something.

dreama1

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2015, 05:50:55 am »
I just found out the name of mine. Plok on the SNES. I would always rent this weird platformer with this little pink Majin Buu looking guy who was looking for his Grandpappy or something.
Was a good one, wish it had a password system through..

tripredacus

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2015, 04:36:32 pm »
I've got one that I've never figured out. I've done so much research and tried out abandonware and was never able to find it.

It was a computer game from the early 90s. I played it on a demo computer in the electronics store Silo. I do not know if the computer was a PC, Mac, Tandy, OS/2 or whatever else. I do know these facts:
- medieval/fantasy adventure game style like King's Quest, Quest for Glory, etc
- had text input like Leisure Suit Larry or King's Quest IV, using commands like look, pickup, pet, etc
- had either a white horse or a unicorn in it
- it had color graphics

Not much to go on, but I haven't been able to find any text input games similar to the theme I remember. I do remember it being text input because I remember multiple times to figure out what word I needed to use to pet the unicorn/horse.

abe

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2015, 11:36:51 pm »
This is incredibly vague, but it was some point and click sort of game with Mickey Mouse in it that was on Windows 98.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

retroone

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2015, 11:13:08 am »
This is incredibly vague, but it was some point and click sort of game with Mickey Mouse in it that was on Windows 98.

This is a long shot but was it Walt Disney World Explorer?

abe

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2015, 12:02:38 pm »

This is a long shot but was it Walt Disney World Explorer?

Don't think so. It didn't involve Disneyland in any way as far as I can remember.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

dreama1

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2015, 12:33:27 pm »
I've got one that I've never figured out. I've done so much research and tried out abandonware and was never able to find it.

It was a computer game from the early 90s. I played it on a demo computer in the electronics store Silo. I do not know if the computer was a PC, Mac, Tandy, OS/2 or whatever else. I do know these facts:
- medieval/fantasy adventure game style like King's Quest, Quest for Glory, etc
- had text input like Leisure Suit Larry or King's Quest IV, using commands like look, pickup, pet, etc
- had either a white horse or a unicorn in it
- it had color graphics

Not much to go on, but I haven't been able to find any text input games similar to the theme I remember. I do remember it being text input because I remember multiple times to figure out what word I needed to use to pet the unicorn/horse.

Did it have british humour or american humour?

tripredacus

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2015, 12:20:57 pm »
Did it have british humour or american humour?

I don't know. I only played the scene where I am in the woods with the horse/unicorn. I live in the US if that helps.