Author Topic: Do you support homebrew/repros or are you against it completely?  (Read 5375 times)

turom

PRO Supporter

Re: Do you support homebrew/repros or are you against it completely?
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2015, 06:11:34 am »
Emulate it.
Emulating Saturn games is rather difficult.
Use SSF; that's the best Saturn emulator that's currently available.

I remember having a hard time playing Panzer Dragoon Saga on SSF, had to mess with very deep rendering settings and BIOS version switch just to avoid emulator crash on some cutscenes or fights.  Got bad memories as well on losing two or three times more than 1 hour playthrough when I emulated Majora's Mask back then on another emulator. Got another same story with Secret of Mana crashing at the end of a dungeon while we were 3 players having a blast on the game and running the supposed ULTRA stable SNES emulator.

Yes emulators are cool and all, but now I only play on the real thing, it can take months of saving to buy a game like PDS but I prefer that over the frustration emulators can bring. Plus I really love playing with the original controllers on my CRT, nothing emulated compares to it IMO.
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

soera

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2015, 10:49:30 am »
Im not one who cares if its the original system/controller. I have Ys books I & II on the Wii VC and it only cost me $8 and it was just as fabulous as the version on the TG-CD.

Are there any emulators/hacks that are compatible with something like the Wii or the 3DS that would let me play a Saturn game? If Nintendo would just put the damned thing on their VC, my world would be happy!

abe

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2015, 11:13:22 am »
Im not one who cares if its the original system/controller. I have Ys books I & II on the Wii VC and it only cost me $8 and it was just as fabulous as the version on the TG-CD.

Are there any emulators/hacks that are compatible with something like the Wii or the 3DS that would let me play a Saturn game? If Nintendo would just put the damned thing on their VC, my world would be happy!

There is a version of Yabause you can use on a Wii. I haven't had any experience with it though so I can't comment on the quality of the emulation.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2015, 12:27:44 am »
Love homebrews, but I have mixed feeling about repros, especially considering I own a few. I like having translated physical copies of games that were never released in my native language, but I think there are some definite ethical issues with making a profit off of someone else's work. A VGCollect user (I think it was foxhack?) also brought up the fact that many repro creators don't credit the translators for their work on the original ROMs, which I think is wrong.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.