Author Topic: Collection Achievements thread  (Read 75061 times)

jcalder8

Re: Collection Achievements thread
« Reply #420 on: August 24, 2014, 09:11:46 pm »
Congrats Foxhack! It's a great milestone no matter how many times you hit it :D

« Reply #421 on: September 05, 2014, 10:08:01 am »
I hit my 200th physical PS3 game yesterday, and I think Kenny will be proud - #200 was Cross Edge.   ;D

Congrats!  ;D The more I use my PS3 and the more I want to use it. This makes me want to take time and play it right now!

It has that effect on people. I've had my slim since 2008 and the longer I've had it the more I've loved it. I have a little over a hundred games for it and still don't even have half the awesome titles I hope to someday acquire for it. I was talking to a local collector about the amazing amount of sweet imports for it the other day and I decided that after getting the imports that I want, it might even surpass my PS2 collection in size. Such an amazing system :D

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #422 on: September 06, 2014, 03:35:16 pm »
Hit the 500 item milestone about a week ago, with super castlevania iv as the 500th entry in the collection. On a side note, the gamecube games is over 50 now, and 50th game was pikmin!

Congrats!

I just hit the 500 items mark yesterday!

« Reply #423 on: September 06, 2014, 06:23:05 pm »
Here it ladies and gentlemen, game #1500 in the collection!

I really wish my 1500th game could have been something much cooler, but it is my fault for hunting today. I am still very happy I found The Munchables given its relative rarity and that it is another Wii game i can scratch off my Wii Want List (lol). Unless I consider 1750 my next milestone, I'm afraid I'll never hit 2000 games. I only have around 200 games left on my Wish List, and unless I amass a lot of PS4, XBOX-One, and Wii U games someday, 2000 will likely never be reached, at least for a very long time. Very happy to hit the 1500 milestone and very proud of my collection :)

abe

« Reply #424 on: September 06, 2014, 07:54:06 pm »

I really wish my 1500th game could have been something much cooler, but it is my fault for hunting today. I am still very happy I found The Munchables given its relative rarity and that it is another Wii game i can scratch off my Wii Want List (lol). Unless I consider 1750 my next milestone, I'm afraid I'll never hit 2000 games. I only have around 200 games left on my Wish List, and unless I amass a lot of PS4, XBOX-One, and Wii U games someday, 2000 will likely never be reached, at least for a very long time. Very happy to hit the 1500 milestone and very proud of my collection :)

Congratulations! 1500 is pretty far away for me. :P I like the box art for The Munchables, it looks kinda fun. Have you tried it yet or heard anything good about it?
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #425 on: September 06, 2014, 08:56:53 pm »
I would have sorted it so Twisted Metal was the 1,500th. ;)

I know what you mean by not imagining the 2,000 mark.

Right now 1,000 seems a bit insane to me. :)

It will be interesting to revisit this conversation when we inevitably reach these now seemingly unreachable milestones. :)

« Reply #426 on: September 07, 2014, 01:15:11 am »

Congratulations! 1500 is pretty far away for me. :P I like the box art for The Munchables, it looks kinda fun. Have you tried it yet or heard anything good about it?

When I compiled my Wii Want List I went through the entire library of games and researched some of the more rare/obscure titles to see if they looked any good. This was one of them. I can't remember specifically what looked so great about this game, but when I get a chance to play it I'm sure it'll come back to me :p

« Reply #427 on: September 07, 2014, 01:23:14 am »
I would have sorted it so Twisted Metal was the 1,500th. ;)

I know what you mean by not imagining the 2,000 mark.

Right now 1,000 seems a bit insane to me. :)

It will be interesting to revisit this conversation when we inevitably reach these now seemingly unreachable milestones. :)

I actually have Twisted Metal already, this is just trade bait for the local collectors. I found it at a thrift store for $3 and thought why not.

It will be interesting indeed. If I ever reach another milestone it will likely not be for a long time. Most of the stuff I'm still after falls into the expensive, rare, and/or import only category which means that around 1600 or so, I'll be lucky to add more than 50 games a year. Lol it is probably better that way though, at least for me :p

argyle

« Reply #428 on: September 07, 2014, 01:49:41 am »

When I compiled my Wii Want List I went through the entire library of games and researched some of the more rare/obscure titles to see if they looked any good. This was one of them. I can't remember specifically what looked so great about this game, but when I get a chance to play it I'm sure it'll come back to me :p

I had never heard of it until I saw where you picked it up today, but after looking into it I've added it to my constantly-growing Wii want list.  :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #429 on: September 07, 2014, 02:10:17 am »

I had never heard of it until I saw where you picked it up today, but after looking into it I've added it to my constantly-growing Wii want list.  :)

Glad I could help :).

The Wii has a ton of crap, but there are a few hidden gems in there as well. Another pretty hard to find budget title I'm after on the Wii is a game called Opoona. You should check it out. Gamestop sells it for like $3 a think, the problem is finding it there :p

argyle

« Reply #430 on: September 07, 2014, 02:20:45 am »

Glad I could help :).

The Wii has a ton of crap, but there are a few hidden gems in there as well. Another pretty hard to find budget title I'm after on the Wii is a game called Opoona. You should check it out. Gamestop sells it for like $3 a think, the problem is finding it there :p

Yep, that one's already on my list.  ;)  Here's the list of what I'm still looking for - some of these aren't hard to find I'm just waiting on a good price, and some of these are very difficult to find at GS & they are pretty expensive online.  Each game links to its GS used stock checker, so if any of them interest you you can easily see if any of your stores have them in stock.  Or, y'know...if anyone wants to be nice & help me out with some of the cheap ones I can't find around here.  :P

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/102FIGO40LszxoWrBPc59Llb4Cb1Q9PEL_WGP7c73jFo/edit?usp=sharing
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

« Reply #431 on: September 07, 2014, 03:37:04 am »

Glad I could help :) .

Yep, that one's already on my list.  ;)  Here's the list of what I'm still looking for - some of these aren't hard to find I'm just waiting on a good price, and some of these are very difficult to find at GS & they are pretty expensive online.  Each game links to its GS used stock checker, so if any of them interest you you can easily see if any of your stores have them in stock.  Or, y'know...if anyone wants to be nice & help me out with some of the cheap ones I can't find around here.  :P

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/102FIGO40LszxoWrBPc59Llb4Cb1Q9PEL_WGP7c73jFo/edit?usp=sharing

Here is the remainder of my list:

1. A Boy and his Blob
[/color]3. Bit Trip Complete[/size]
[/color]4. Boom Blox[/size]
[/color]5.Angry Birds Trilogy[/size]
[/color]7. Castle Shikigami III[/size]
[/color]8. Data East Arcade Collection[/size]
[/color]9. Dead Space Extraction[/size]
[/color]11. Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Picallo[/size]
[/color]12. Dragon Lair Trilogy[/size]
[/color]13. Endless Ocean Blue World[/size]
[/color]14. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronciles: Echos[/size]
[/color]15. Final Fantasy Fables Chocobo Dungeon[/size]
[/color]17. House of the Dead Overkill[/size]
[/color]18. Ivy the Kiwi[/size]
[/color]19. Kirby's Epic Yarn[/size]
[/color]20. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess[/size]
[/color]23. Mario Party 8[/size]
[/color]24. Mario Party 9[/size]
[/color]25. Metroid Prime Trilogy[/size]
[/color]27. Opoona[/size]
[/color]28. Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles[/size]
[/color]31. Shiren[/size]
[/color]32. Sonic Colors[/size]
[/color]33. Super Paper Mario[/size]
[/color]34. Warioware: Smooth Moves[/size]
[/color][/size]
[/color]Most of these fall into either the hard to find category or the waiting for the price to drop some more category. The hard to find ones are scarce at my Gamestop's too, but I've got a lucky on a few occasions. I'll keep some of your titles in mind during my searches ;)[/size]

argyle

« Reply #432 on: September 07, 2014, 06:57:33 am »
Looking through your collection, you have 3 I'm not familiar with:

Gunblade NYC & LA Machine Guns
Ocean Commander
Spy Fox in Dry Cereal

Are these worth tracking down? 

« Reply #433 on: September 07, 2014, 12:52:25 pm »
Looking through your collection, you have 3 I'm not familiar with:

Gunblade NYC & LA Machine Guns
Ocean Commander
Spy Fox in Dry Cereal

Are these worth tracking down?

Gunblade NYC/LA Machinegun - Very much so!!! Especially if you like games like Time Crisis or House of the Dead you will love it!
Ocean Commander - It is a decent SHMUP, definitely worth picking up for under $10.
Spy Fox - It is a kids point and click adventure game that was originally on PC. I'd say get it if you're into those games.

argyle

« Reply #434 on: September 07, 2014, 03:53:08 pm »
Great, 2 out of 3 of those I'll be adding to my list then.  ;)  It even says one of my Gamestop's has Ocean Commander in stock, but I'll have to see if it's complete or not. 

I'll keep an eye out for the hard-to-find ones on your list as well.  :)