Author Topic: What game have you put the most time into?  (Read 13236 times)

Re: What game have you put the most time into?
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2015, 09:36:57 am »
I Probably put over 800-900 hours into my Pokemon Emerald back in the (but that copy dissapered ages ago)
Second that i can actually prove is Pokemon Y at around 340 hours. If we're counting MMO's.... 11,000 on Runescape. >_>

pacpix

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2015, 05:11:27 pm »
I'm nearing 500 hours in RuneScape.  Been playing off and on for around 8 years.

I probably have quite a few hours into Ocarina of Time and Smash Bros, but still not even close to 500.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

thewelshman

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2015, 11:41:01 pm »
I'd have to say EverQuest back in the day. Started playing in 2000 and heavily until 2004. Then off, and on until 2011. Sometimes I hop on the emulator server for kicks. I'd say I put at least 600 hours into that MMORPG.

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2015, 12:23:35 am »
Final Fantasy III (VI) EASILY!!!..... Spent about 10 years str8 having an active game going. Every play through i would just master it more and more and accumulate more and more. Atleast 3 separate times i level 99'd each character hunting those dinosaurs loaded up on experience eggs haha

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2015, 12:34:26 am »
Rpgs and racing games interesting.

To be fair, Gran Turismo is a bit RPG-like in certain ways, you have (or had to, I haven't played 5 or 6 in a while) to grind to get sufficient amount of credits by a car you need for a certain race, you have to pass various license tests to qualify for certain races, and the newer ones have a level system.

dreama1

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2015, 05:42:34 am »
Rpgs and racing games interesting.

To be fair, Gran Turismo is a bit RPG-like in certain ways, you have (or had to, I haven't played 5 or 6 in a while) to grind to get sufficient amount of credits by a car you need for a certain race, you have to pass various license tests to qualify for certain races, and the newer ones have a level system.
You'd probably like final lap twin for the pc engine then lol.

tripredacus

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2015, 11:19:37 am »
I don't have an hour count but the answer has to be Diablo II. I played it for about 8 years. I have 2 copies of the original game and two of the Lord of Destruction expansion. I would use both on 2 different computers. I also (used to) knew all there was to know about everything in-game. This also included the inner-workings of the game itself and knew how to mod it. Also remembered being very good at the trivia which concerned any sort of thing you could think of. While I never got any character to max level, I did end up getting all my characters at end-game equipment, all on Ladder. I even was able to make a 2-Frame druid werewolf and a few other things I had not seen anyone else accomplish like the invincible Werebear Paladin.

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2015, 01:13:05 pm »
Probably FFVII; the first time I played through it I put just shy of 300-hours into it, 2/3 which were spent grinding and trying to beat Emerald and Ruby Weapon. I did end up beating Emerald, but I've still never beat Ruby :(

dreama1

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2015, 02:53:06 pm »
I don't have an hour count but the answer has to be Diablo II. I played it for about 8 years. I have 2 copies of the original game and two of the Lord of Destruction expansion. I would use both on 2 different computers. I also (used to) knew all there was to know about everything in-game. This also included the inner-workings of the game itself and knew how to mod it. Also remembered being very good at the trivia which concerned any sort of thing you could think of. While I never got any character to max level, I did end up getting all my characters at end-game equipment, all on Ladder. I even was able to make a 2-Frame druid werewolf and a few other things I had not seen anyone else accomplish like the invincible Werebear Paladin.
What did you think of diablo 1? i.e the playstation port.

dreama1

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2015, 02:54:27 pm »
Probably FFVII; the first time I played through it I put just shy of 300-hours into it, 2/3 which were spent grinding and trying to beat Emerald and Ruby Weapon. I did end up beating Emerald, but I've still never beat Ruby :(
Was that a constant play??? Or just every once and while.

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2015, 03:28:50 pm »
Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm:  660 hours
Team Fortress 2:  520hr
Day of Defeat Source:  ~500hr
Left 4 Dead 2:  215hr
Half-Life 2:  200hr

For console games it's a little harder.
I'll have to check some save files...

I gotta have at least 400 on SSBM.

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2015, 07:22:17 pm »
Pokemon Ruby, Fire Red - Lots and Lots of Time

Fallout 3 - Several Freaking Hours

Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim - Hours Uncountable

MW2, MW3, Black Ops, Black Ops2, Ghosts - Hours I Don't Care to add up but they're there if I ever want to.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2015, 07:26:12 pm »
For me definitey oblivion,shining force 2,disgaea. I highly recommend these games.

thewelshman

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2015, 10:57:43 pm »
Final Fantasy III (VI) EASILY!!!..... Spent about 10 years str8 having an active game going. Every play through i would just master it more and more and accumulate more and more. Atleast 3 separate times i level 99'd each character hunting those dinosaurs loaded up on experience eggs haha

That's my #1 game of all time. I'd have to say it's my #2 of playtime. I remember only having it, Chrono Trigger, and Breath of Fire for my SNES. I still put in some time on FFVI when I can. Whether its my SNES port, PS Vita, or an emulator. Absolutely love that game! Oh, and I'd split time between the dino forest and the cactaur desert.

tripredacus

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2015, 11:40:35 am »
What did you think of diablo 1? i.e the playstation port.

I never played it. I found that those Blizzard games ported to console didn't control the way I wanted them to. I found this out in Starcraft 64. So since then I just didn't try to play any of the other ports.