Author Topic: What game have you put the most time into?  (Read 13233 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: What game have you put the most time into?
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2015, 01:19:49 pm »
Numbers like 500, 800, or 900 hours in any game is craziness!  :o

rayne315

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2015, 01:41:25 pm »

Im just waiting for anyone that played world of war crack to give us an estimate of how long they have played lol.

I know one of my friends is way past the thousand hour mark.. way past.. They have played almost since it has come out Id say they started the middle of 2005 and is still playing it. She probably put around 3 hours a day into it. longer on the weekend/when she has nothing going on.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2015, 04:20:56 pm »

Im just waiting for anyone that played world of war crack to give us an estimate of how long they have played lol.

I know one of my friends is way past the thousand hour mark.. way past.. They have played almost since it has come out Id say they started the middle of 2005 and is still playing it. She probably put around 3 hours a day into it. longer on the weekend/when she has nothing going on.

I wasn't even thinking of MMOs. I guess those aren't as unbelievable.

kashell

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2015, 08:32:02 am »
Star Ocean 4.

I spent about 480 hours on that bad boy.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2015, 10:59:20 am »
I would wager for me it was Warcraft 3 or LoL back when I used to play that. Game can suck up your life easily if you don't pay attention.

tripredacus

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2015, 11:04:34 am »
I think it is kinda cool how we can actually track game time now. Not like before then, when we can only really guess. Aside from D2, another one I put in a lot of time is Quake 3. I still play that every now and then.

According to steam, I have played 3 games over 100 hours. Here is my top 5.

313 hours: Fallout New Vegas
246 hours: Skyrim
245 hours: Civilization V
26 hours: Deus Ex: Human Revolution
26 hours: The Sims 3

sin2beta

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2015, 05:49:25 pm »

I wasn't even thinking of MMOs. I guess those aren't as unbelievable.

The current main character I have on WOW clocks in at just under 20 days of gameplay. So, ~480 hours on that character. I would estimate somewhere around 700 hours total across all characters and the two times previously subscribing (I didn't play that much before). My wife got me into the game recently. So, most of my time is in that character. I'm considered a casual among my guild, I'm sure.

StarCraft may still beat that. I have no idea what the numbers are, but I played it religiously from 6th grad until 9th grade. That was probably the era I had the most free time toward gaming. Pokemon is way up there too. No estimate though.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

abe

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2015, 06:12:20 pm »
Team Fortress 2 (PC) at 1458 hours is my most played. Nothing else has come close to that. Pokemon FireRed (GBA) at 264 hours and Terraria (PC) at 220 hours are in second and third place. Other than that I've got a handful of other games I've played for more than 100 hours, and some that I've played a lot but have lost save files or just don't know how much time I've spent on them.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2015, 06:56:44 pm »
I must be ADD when it comes games.
I'm going to say Red Dead Redemption. That is one of the VERY few games I've done everything in.

devancowan

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2015, 10:03:28 pm »
The game I'v put the most time into has to be Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare. I put just over 38 days into just the online feature of it, making that around 915 hours. I think it was just that much because I had just got my ps3 and played with friends almost every night. I would have only been in middle school so there was no such thing as homework or working!
Aside from that it would have to be Ni No Kuni with 132 hours.  :)

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2015, 03:35:32 pm »
So the way I think about it is how many times have I replayed a game, cuz playing Super Metroid over and over is far less time than playing FF7 over and over. I'm also not counting multiplayer games. In that sense, it would have to be Super Metroid which I've beaten like 20 times.

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2015, 06:05:40 pm »
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Fire Emblem Awakening
Skyrim
Dragon Age Origins

and hundreds of hours on multiple strategy game on PC;
Civilization IV, Total War Medieval, Heroes of Might and Magic II, Europa Universalis III

Retro ARCADE games news, review and gameplay Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrltRbkb_z9yUZvypUdWo8A

Twitter; https://twitter.com/NGCDManiac

aliensstudios

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2015, 08:59:09 pm »
The only game I have played even near that amount (plus have documented) of time is Xenoblade Chronicles which was like 65 hours or something. That game took me almost a year to beat too mind you. 900 hours is almost forty days! Over a month! How could you play a game that long?
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

rayne315

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2015, 09:15:16 pm »
The only game I have played even near that amount (plus have documented) of time is Xenoblade Chronicles which was like 65 hours or something. That game took me almost a year to beat too mind you. 900 hours is almost forty days! Over a month! How could you play a game that long?

I'm assuming that most of the hours like my own were from when we were children and had much more time to play games plus back then we only had probably 10-20 different games to play. not like the hundreds/thousands we have now.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

aliensstudios

« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2015, 09:29:29 pm »

I'm assuming that most of the hours like my own were from when we were children and had much more time to play games plus back then we only had probably 10-20 different games to play. not like the hundreds/thousands we have now.
Very true.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."