Author Topic: Games never released in US/NA?  (Read 1104 times)

Games never released in US/NA?
« on: September 25, 2015, 10:50:34 pm »
Hi all!

I am looking for several visual novels on the DS that were only released in JP. I did a google search to see if any ports were released in English but all I came across were "English patched" roms. Is there any way to purchase a non-English game and then download an English translation as opposed to downloading an English patched rom? I'm not familiar with these things and have never used my DS to play anything other than US and store-bought games.

Thank you :D

maximo310

Re: Games never released in US/NA?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 11:31:21 pm »
It's not possible to patch the game rom on a DS cartidge. The only workaround for this is loading a english patched rom of the game onto a flash cart.

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 12:04:40 am »
It's not possible to patch the game rom on a DS cartidge. The only workaround for this is loading a english patched rom of the game onto a flash cart.

Ah, okay. Well thanks!

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 01:52:43 am »
Literally the only way to pay patched ds games is through a flash cart or emulator. Also don't expect to find many Visual novels, there arn't many ds translations that have made it to completion, esp for visual novels.

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 02:30:08 pm »
Literally the only way to pay patched ds games is through a flash cart or emulator. Also don't expect to find many Visual novels, there arn't many ds translations that have made it to completion, esp for visual novels.

Yea, I've noticed there aren't many English patched VN's.

dreama1

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 04:26:05 pm »
Hi all!

I am looking for several visual novels on the DS that were only released in JP. I did a google search to see if any ports were released in English but all I came across were "English patched" roms. Is there any way to purchase a non-English game and then download an English translation as opposed to downloading an English patched rom? I'm not familiar with these things and have never used my DS to play anything other than US and store-bought games.

Thank you :D
You're best off playing them on pc you can get real copies at mangagamer or jlist. Or study japanese.