Author Topic: October 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 24514 times)

doafan

Re: October 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #135 on: October 21, 2015, 02:57:02 pm »
It took me a while but finally managed to get my copy of Lollipop Chainsaw for the 360, being a zombie fan this game cannot be outside of my library, being honest the true is that I want to see Juliet in her Sexy Rider Suit outfit but definitely didn't wanted to purchased a new one or even pay more than 25 bucks for it so I searched and was able to found a used one at Mercado Libre for the price of $ 14.48, it was a pretty good deal since it is in a very nice condition and the best part is that the seller gave me the chance to pay it in two weeks  8)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

soera

« Reply #136 on: October 21, 2015, 05:58:50 pm »
Here is a pic of those games I scored. The security sticker that is on Seasons was ripped off of Ages and all 3 of the GBC games have a bit of crushing. The Gamecube games however are in perfect condition :

doafan

« Reply #137 on: October 21, 2015, 06:27:23 pm »
Holly shit are those Game Cube Zelda titles new ?  :o

soera

« Reply #138 on: October 21, 2015, 06:32:56 pm »
They are all unopened.  :o

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #139 on: October 21, 2015, 06:46:40 pm »
I've been really wanting to try this game for a while

desocietas

« Reply #140 on: October 21, 2015, 07:26:28 pm »
Here is a pic of those games I scored. The security sticker that is on Seasons was ripped off of Ages and all 3 of the GBC games have a bit of crushing. The Gamecube games however are in perfect condition :

A shame about the crushing, but hey, CIB! And free! I'm so envious, hahah
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

doafan

« Reply #141 on: October 21, 2015, 08:44:04 pm »
They are all unopened.  :o

Holly shit and I was thinking that I made a good deal with my latest addition, your purchase indeed is epic  ;)

soera

« Reply #142 on: October 21, 2015, 08:56:11 pm »
Go back a page or two and it mentions how I got this lucky. :)

« Reply #143 on: October 21, 2015, 09:18:58 pm »
Picked up wii sports cib for 3$ to replace my loose copy

gf78

« Reply #144 on: October 22, 2015, 10:18:09 am »
A few new additions I got on the cheap last night...I've kinda been chasing down every game published by Sony Computer Entertainment, hence the four PS1 games I bought.

PlayStation
Rally Cross complete in case with shelf wear
Speed Punks complete in case with shelf wear
Cart Word Series complete in case with shelf wear
Grind Session complete in case with shelf wear

PlayStation 2
Beat Down - Fists of Vengeance complete in case with light shelf wear
Wild Arms 3 complete in case with light shelf wear

Swag/Books
Game On! with light shelf wear (it's a new Scholastic book, kinda like the Guinness World Records Gamers Editions)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

doafan

« Reply #145 on: October 22, 2015, 01:59:09 pm »
Go back a page or two and it mentions how I got this lucky. :)

3 bucks for 6 sealed titles where five of them are pretty rare and expensive right now, damn you bastard (no offense) I do envy you a lot but in the good way, the only good thing is that this granny didn't went first with Rick Harrison cause am pretty sure that this mothafucka wouldn't paid this amount for these titles  >:(

gf78

« Reply #146 on: October 23, 2015, 11:15:05 am »
New additions for 10/23/15

PlayStation 4
Assassin's Creed Syndicate new/sealed
Witcher 3:  Hearts of Stone Limited Edition with Gwent deck new/sealed

Swag/Posters/Steelbooks/Apparel
Assassin's Creed Syndicate promo necklace
Persona 4 Dancing All Night preorder bonus promo poster (quantity 4)
Dragon Quest Heroes cloth scroll/poster (they had an extra!)
Dragon Ball Xenoverse steelbook preorder bonus case new in bag
F1 2015 steelbook preorder bonus case new in bag (quantity 4)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #147 on: October 23, 2015, 12:21:25 pm »
Man, all these game groups I keep seeing people getting these massive deals, or people just giving them stuff. Over and over again.

How do you guys keep having this lucky. I can scour yard sale after yard sale, pawn shop after pawn shop; and I'm lucky if I come across cartridges of any kind.

gf78

« Reply #148 on: October 23, 2015, 01:15:41 pm »
Man, all these game groups I keep seeing people getting these massive deals, or people just giving them stuff. Over and over again.

How do you guys keep having this lucky. I can scour yard sale after yard sale, pawn shop after pawn shop; and I'm lucky if I come across cartridges of any kind.

I have pretty pitiful luck finding great deals like Soera's.  One thing I have found out is that people who need money or just have games to get rid of inevitably end up walking into Gamestop with a box of stuff.  Gamestop (as of right now anyway) don't take these oldies, and the people either end up selling the stuff to the employees for cheap or just leaving it to them.  Gamestop employees often end up with collector's edition goodies this way too since Gamestop only takes the games along with the case and instructions.  A friend of mine from Gamestop gave me an entire, unused Halo Reach Legendary Edition sans the game because someone traded it in.  I guess company policy is to just pitch the extras, but don't quote me on it. 

Pawn shops can be completely hit or miss.  There are a dozen within short driving distance from me.  Most only deal with PS360 and newer.  Some of them think they are savvy and try to charge internet prices for their games.  Others don't give a crap.  One sells any PS3 or Xbox 360 games they get for $7.50 and Wii games are $5.  Smaller pawn shops on the outskirts of town or outside city limits don't even put prices on their stuff.  I ended up with Mario Sunshine 1 & 2 and Zelda Twilight Princess & Skyward Sword for $20 (which I traded into Gamestop for over $100 on a promo they were running!). 

Another good place to look is a storage shed place that doubles as a flea market on the weekends.  Many times you will see games that are overpriced.  I just make them an offer and they usually take it.  The last game I picked up at a weekend storage place was Resident Evil Code:  Veronica X for the PS2 complete in box.  It had a sticker that said $10 on it.  It had been there awhile.  The owner said he would take $8 for it and I told him all I had was a fiver.  He said deal.  You don't have to be a hardcore haggler to get a deal.

rayne315

« Reply #149 on: October 23, 2015, 02:05:50 pm »

For me my best finds ever come from asking people at garage sales if they have anything because they may you know forget about the nes with a handful of games up in the attic or didn't really think anyone would spend money on it since their games and systems stored away are 15, 20+ years old.

the exact line I use is "you don't by chance happen to have any video games do you?" or some variation their upon, then I wait to see/hear their reaction a quick no means they either don't have any or they don't want to sell which ends the attempt,.

If they say no but It takes them a bit to say it like they are thinking or are hesitant then they probably have games in the house but are unsure if they should sell them. On these I usually start by telling them that "well I'm just wondering because I actually collect video games" and start a conversation with them and probably 70-80% of the time IF they actually have games they will go inside and bring out a few and I just pick from there ( I personally always ask what they want for them and If its a good deal I do not haggle even if I know I will get a better deal, If they over price it then that is when I haggle)

sometimes you will hear "Yeah we have games but my (insert relative here) plays them." In this instance I ask "You wouldn't know If you have anything older that they don't play anymore do you?" This is a lot less with probably only 20-30% success rate to see the games and they are usually picked clean of any good titles but sometimes you get lucky and can get some very good things.

The best Is a hesitation and "well what are you looking for?" this usually means they have something older like play station and backwards or a handheld, my answer is "anything really I collect video games, so If your have something you are willing to bring something out then Im willing to look at it." this is how I get the majority of my cartridge and handheld games.

Also just remember that any garage sale Is ran by a person so basically just act how you would like to be acted towards "hello", "how are you", "nice weather we are having", ect before asking any questions will open more doors than you would think at a garage sale. and as such if you know their initial offer is a fantastic deal ie $5 for a game you know sells for $50 in its current condition don't try and haggle it down as they are just trying to make a few bucks off of stuff they don't use anymore.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully