Author Topic: October 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 24484 times)

Re: October 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2015, 06:20:19 pm »
I picked up Oni, X-Squad, Jak 3, Secret Weapons Over Normandy, High School Simulator 2006 Bully, a disc only copy of Devil May Cry 2 since I was missing Disc 1, TOCA Touring Cars 2, and 007 Racing. I also got second copies of Gran Turismo 2 and Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition because I didn't keep the boxes when I got those games as a kid.

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2015, 03:44:32 am »

While perusing Amazon Warehouse, I found a cheap *new* Nintendo 3DS, the "normal" sized not XL model. Looking to upgrade from my 2DS I quickly purchased it, only later to realize that this was a Japanese Import and not a US model, which I guess only comes in the Animal Crossing Iteration so far. I'm sure we've all operated on the "Buy First, Ask Questions Later" method, and easy returns if I was too dumb to do anything with it from not being able to read Japanese so kept the order.

When it arrived (on a Sunday, no less) it was basically Brand New! I'm wondering if it wasn't a "dinger" model as the box edges are a little bent as you can see but nothing inherently awful. Looks like all the papers are there, the AR Cards still sealed and the 3DS was in the foam bag/package. (the top faceplate was also separate in a bag, not pictured because I attached it already lol)

I had a little bit of a problem setting it up at first (accidentally updated the firmware, oops, but it turned out not to be an issue), but luckily importing this model was a common occurrence on account of it not shipping right away with the XL models to the US, so there was a lot of documentation on setting up the eShop and etc. Thankfully all the menus are the same as well and I copied off of my 2DS when needed.

After all that kanji, I somehow managed to get the homebrew launcher installed via the youtube app in order make it Region Free so I can play my current collection of 3DS games. Not sure what imports to get yet or anything, will probably just look over a list of english friendly 3DS imports first, and check out a few demos of games that come out before the US versions.

I also street passed myself from my 2DS account. Seems kind of awkward lol.

I'm not sure what I'll eventually end up doing with this after I play around with it for a little while. I basically just bought it as an upgrade to my 2DS and was looking at the normal sized model over the XL, for whatever reason. The imports are cool and all but I can easily just put Homebrew Launcher on a US model. Kind of silly but the fact I have to restart streetpass is the most upsetting, and I do have a digital Pokemon X copy on my US Account so we'll see. Might try to eventually trade this straight up for someone who's actually interested in imports and hopefully upgraded from a *new* 3DS to a different LE model. All in all I'm happy with the purchase though, just coming in at slightly over $100, a steal for any *new* 3DS regardless of model or region.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 04:03:28 am by marvelsofindustry »

karyann

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2015, 10:21:18 am »
I'm not sure what I'll eventually end up doing with this after I play around with it for a little while. I basically just bought it as an upgrade to my 2DS and was looking at the normal sized model over the XL, for whatever reason. The imports are cool and all but I can easily just put Homebrew Launcher on a US model. Kind of silly but the fact I have to restart streetpass is the most upsetting, and I do have a digital Pokemon X copy on my US Account so we'll see. Might try to eventually trade this straight up for someone who's actually interested in imports and hopefully upgraded from a *new* 3DS to a different LE model. All in all I'm happy with the purchase though, just coming in at slightly over $100, a steal for any *new* 3DS regardless of model or region.

Wow, that's a great price! I eventually want to get a Japanese New 3DS too, but so far they're too pricey for the use they would currently get. At $100 though, I might have jumped on it too  ::)

davifus

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2015, 11:07:46 am »
That 3DS is so simple and clean.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

maximo310

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2015, 12:50:36 pm »
I hope that New 3DS model will somehow make it to NA shores; I like how simple and sleek it looks compared to the animal crossing model.

abe

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2015, 12:58:46 pm »
I hope that New 3DS model will somehow make it to NA shores; I like how simple and sleek it looks compared to the animal crossing model.

You could just replace the faceplates on the Animal Crossing model. A more widespread, standard edition release would be nice to see though.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

karyann

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2015, 01:24:08 pm »

And now I've got the song stuck in my head! Not that I mind, at least it's a good one.  :P

stealthrush

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2015, 02:37:10 pm »

L-Dis (エルディス) - PCE-CD²
Bakusho Yoshimoto no Shinkigeki (爆笑 吉本新喜劇) - PCE-SCD²

telly

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2015, 03:22:06 pm »

And now I've got the song stuck in my head! Not that I mind, at least it's a good one.  :P

Simple and clean is the waaay that you're making me feeeeeeeeeeel tonight!

I hope that's the song you're talking about  :P It's what I thought of haha
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2015, 04:09:15 pm »

Hold me, whatever lies beyond this morning is a little later on.

spac316

« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2015, 04:14:46 pm »
Bought Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer for 3DS today. I bought the bundle with the NFC reader since I still have the old 3DS.

rayne315

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2015, 04:32:07 pm »

Hold me, whatever lies beyond this morning is a little later on.

Regardless of warnings the future doesn't scare me at allllllll.

(still singing) I hate you allll! (my co-workers are looking at me weird)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 04:39:17 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2015, 05:54:20 pm »

You could just replace the faceplates on the Animal Crossing model. A more widespread, standard edition release would be nice to see though.

That's definitely going to be my problem, wanting all the faceplates. I am working on something sneaky right now though with trying to 3D print some so we'll see...

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2015, 12:32:15 am »
L-Dis (エルディス) - PCE-CD²
Bakusho Yoshimoto no Shinkigeki (爆笑 吉本新喜劇) - PCE-SCD²

Awesome pickups!

3DS FC: 3394 - 4954 - 1426 (please message me if you add me!)
Wii U: digicults
MyFigureCollection: gamagooru

gf78

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2015, 08:42:32 am »
I got the original "PS" PlayStation logo tattooed on my right arm last night.  Does that count for recently added to a collection?   :P
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us