Author Topic: October 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 24467 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: October 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2015, 03:47:12 pm »
I just can't get past the aesthetics of Adventure Time.  It is some of the worst doodle-looking art IMO.

Most hand-drawn animation nowadays looks like crap, or it's CGI.

I've even gone back and tried to watch something like Beavis & Butthead.  It just looks terrible.  Overall I agree, hand-drawn animation looks worse than ever.  But add in the terrible design elements of Adventure Time (IMO) and it looks both goofy and terrible to me.

Well, Beavis and Butthead isn't the best example to use from then. That is also the same time as Batman the Animated Series and Dragonball Z.

« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2015, 04:16:55 pm »
Got lucky and caught these two before they got put out on the shelves at the thrift shop.

doafan

« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2015, 08:35:18 pm »
Lucky ?, come on you just hit the jackpot am trying to get the SSBB but can't find it for less than 40 bucks  >:(

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

abe

« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2015, 08:35:37 pm »
Here's my pickups over the last couple weeks. I've been trying to limit myself to buying things I'll actually play/use soon, rather than cheap stuff that will sit on one of my shelves for who knows how long before I play it.

-Animal Crossing Amiibo Card Pack
-Corpse Party: Blood Drive - Everafter Edition (PS Vita)
-Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance - Limited Edition (PS4) ;D ;D ;D
-Nintendo 3DS Expansion Slide Pad [JP]
-Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers - Launch Edition (3DS)

Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

gf78

« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2015, 08:53:32 am »
Well, Beavis and Butthead isn't the best example to use from then. That is also the same time as Batman the Animated Series and Dragonball Z.

You have a point about Beavis & Butthead, but I'm also not a fan of the Batman art style or a lot of the anime that gets released. 

Since you mentioned Dragon Ball Z, have you seen the video on youtube of the blonde crackhead at the McDonald's drive-thru trying to get Chicken McNuggets?  She tells the cashier "don't make me assume my ultimate form" and that she's going to go super saiyan on her ass.  One of the best videos.  Ever.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

Flashback2012

« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2015, 11:52:33 am »

I'm kicking myself for missing out on that GS exclusive Disgaea release. I have checked around and no store within 100 miles of me has it. Anyone got a store near them that has a spare sitting around?  ;D  :P  ;)

I need to snag that Corpse Party as well.

abe

« Reply #96 on: October 16, 2015, 12:15:23 pm »
I'm kicking myself for missing out on that GS exclusive Disgaea release. I have checked around and no store within 100 miles of me has it. Anyone got a store near them that has a spare sitting around?  ;D  :P  ;)

That wasn't a GameStop exclusive. It was also on NIS America's online store. That's where I got mine.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

Flashback2012

« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2015, 12:31:22 pm »

That wasn't a GameStop exclusive. It was also on NIS America's online store. That's where I got mine.

Was is the operating word here. I just checked and it's sold out on there as well.  :'(

Lesson learned I suppose. I need to pay more attention to the actual publishers' sites more.  :-\

gf78

« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2015, 01:04:59 pm »

Was is the operating word here. I just checked and it's sold out on there as well.  :'(

Lesson learned I suppose. I need to pay more attention to the actual publishers' sites more.  :-\

I'm not sure as I just noticed when my buddy opened the drawer of new PS4 games, but I believe they had a copy of Disgaea that was in a box instead of just the standard case.  Your local Gamestop can source a game from another store and have it shipped to them in any event.  I've done that several times at my local store when they found collector's editions, Amiibo's, etc. at another location.

Well, called the store a moment ago before I finished this post.  They sold their last one.  But definitely have your local store check inventory.  They can see if that CE is in stock at any location across the US.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

Flashback2012

« Reply #99 on: October 16, 2015, 01:36:24 pm »
I'm not sure as I just noticed when my buddy opened the drawer of new PS4 games, but I believe they had a copy of Disgaea that was in a box instead of just the standard case.  Your local Gamestop can source a game from another store and have it shipped to them in any event.  I've done that several times at my local store when they found collector's editions, Amiibo's, etc. at another location.

Well, called the store a moment ago before I finished this post.  They sold their last one.  But definitely have your local store check inventory.  They can see if that CE is in stock at any location across the US.

I've made use of them tracking stuff down from other stores with varying degrees of success. I'm stopping into my old store tomorrow to pay on some reservations, I'll see if they can track one down possibly.  :)

Back on topic...I've been cleaning out the basement in anticipation for a future move and I've been finding all kinds of stuff that hasn't been listed to the collection such as Pin Bot CIB, Super Pinball: Behind the Mask CIB, and a ton of manuals for various systems that I need to sort/post.  :P

spac316

« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2015, 05:23:35 pm »
Just bought Yoshi's Woolly World with the Green yarn Yoshi amiibo as well as the Blue and Pink ones.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 05:32:36 pm by spac316 »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2015, 07:20:20 pm »
Ordered 3 ps4 controllers in the last few weeks. The 20th Ann controller came in this morning :D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #102 on: October 16, 2015, 09:04:04 pm »
Leaptrade pickups
Chuck Rock - Game Gear
Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening Special Edition - PS2

Warmsignal

« Reply #103 on: October 17, 2015, 12:00:27 am »
I've spent a lot this month on new release stuff, not something I usually do. Not sure why I did it, but when I walked into GameStop to get Woolly World and saw the blue and pink Yoshi... I knewhadtohaveit-knewihadtohaveit-knewihadtohaveit!. I'm not even an amiibo collector, but I have a hard time resisting Yoshi stuff.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 12:02:04 am by Warmsignal »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #104 on: October 17, 2015, 11:04:16 pm »
Just got a 120 GB black 360 for free. But. Both my 360s require the adaptor to go online.....

And I don't wanna run wires from the other end of the house to connect it.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730