Author Topic: Secret Santa 2015 - Updated!  (Read 39613 times)

kashell

Re: Secret Santa 2015
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2015, 03:08:36 pm »
Good lord...look how thin Kenan was!

devancowan

« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2015, 03:19:05 pm »
This is my first year in the VG secret santa and I was wondering if you get to find out who your secret santa was after you receive your gift? Or does it stay a mystery?  :-X

Also, if we've decided on a 50 dollar spending limit, does that mean 50 dollar on the games alone, or does that include the shipping price? Thanks All  :)

« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2015, 03:21:54 pm »
This is my first year in the VG secret santa and I was wondering if you get to find out who your secret santa was after you receive your gift? Or does it stay a mystery?  :-X

Also, if we've decided on a 50 dollar spending limit, does that mean 50 dollar on the games alone, or does that include the shipping price? Thanks All  :)
Generally people put their name with return address on the package... especially when usps jacks things up so often.

In this case, you would know who sent it to you.

On the other hand, some people opt to just do their address and no name.

Also, according to the first post, yes that $50 does include shipping.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 03:27:13 pm by ctracy87 »

karyann

« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2015, 04:41:15 pm »
It's up to your secret santa to tell their name or not, so you might know or you might not  :P

davifus

« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2015, 04:42:13 pm »
Does USPS get antsy if you dont write a name or a legit name on the package?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2015, 05:23:59 pm »

Nah, they don't care. As long as there are addresses they will ship it.

devancowan

« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2015, 05:24:26 pm »

"From Tootsie Roll"  :)

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2015, 03:40:03 am »
Just start already!!@
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2015, 08:58:05 am »
No, but I've had them give me weird ass looks when I try to file an insurance claim on a package with weird names on them.

telly

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2015, 09:26:59 am »
Just start already!!@

I guess some people still need to send in their wishlists before we start; there's about 8 people who haven't as of now.
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

soera

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2015, 09:52:33 am »
Highlighted in red the people who have yet to send in wishlist/address info. Once I have that, I can start the pairings. I will send out notifications tomorrow to these people and they have until Wednesday to get them in. Wednesday morning I will remove the people that havent sent me their info and will pair up the people and send messages to everyone with their recipients.

kashell

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2015, 10:00:49 am »
The sooner we start, the sooner a bunch of folks will be getting their stuff. I know there are a few of us on here that are very prompt and efficient when it comes to sending gifts.

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2015, 10:05:37 am »
Highlighted in red the people who have yet to send in wishlist/address info. Once I have that, I can start the pairings. I will send out notifications tomorrow to these people and they have until Wednesday to get them in. Wednesday morning I will remove the people that havent sent me their info and will pair up the people and send messages to everyone with their recipients.

I sent wishlist info, I don't think I sent address info.  I'll verify and send another pm if I didn't include it.

EDIT: Sent, included an addendum for my wishlist for funsies.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 10:11:30 am by ctracy87 »

telly

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2015, 12:28:03 pm »
The sooner we start, the sooner a bunch of folks will be getting their stuff. I know there are a few of us on here that are very prompt and efficient when it comes to sending gifts.

Also some people may just need more time to search for something because they have a busy schedule or they're trying to track down a hard to find item. Sooner certainly doesn't hurt  :D
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

desocietas

« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2015, 03:01:36 pm »
No, but I've had them give me weird ass looks when I try to file an insurance claim on a package with weird names on them.

I know they've definitely given me a hard time if I don't know the recipient's name.

But usually I send the package with the person's real name but in the return address section, I'll put my address only.  Sometimes I'll write VGC Secret Santa so they know what it might be.  If the post office demands your name, folks here will probably only know you by your username anyway  ;)

I put my username inside the gift package because I'd rather they find out who the Secret Santa is when they finally open it, whether that be when they receive it or on whatever day they decide to open it.

I personally like to wait until Christmas morning to find out what's in the gift and who sent it to me.  In my wishlist, I'll probably ask the person to put their username inside the box so their identity doesn't get spoiled  ;D
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas