Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 199993 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

I think a lot of people jumped on the "omg this game is going to be worth billions in the future" bandwagon a few years ago when LRG started. They were buying every game regardless of console and picking up max copies every time. Then LRG started making more and more games. And SRG and SLG and all the other 3 letter companies started going the same route. Which in turn made their billions of future dollars turn into 0 future dollars and they decided to hop off the bandwagon for the few of us left that actually buy games to own them.

I completely agree. 

It frees up the games for the folks that actually want them. 

Again... despite LRG's insistence that no PS games would go up with Switch games... Momodora: Reverie Under The Moonlight has been announced to go up on March 30th along with Thimbleweed park for PS4/NS.

Okay... WTF... AGAIN... another title going up for sale this Friday alongside a Switch game... Kill the Bad Guy for PS4.

tripredacus

I wanted to point out, and so I will do it here and still not taking any action in the db itself (as I typically ignore LRG entries) ... BUT the Style Guide does state that watermarked images are not allowed... and a large amount of the front_art on the LRG entries has their logo on it... you get where I'm going here?

desocietas

I figure it's just the "it's better than nothing" mindset. I can't get games sent to work anymore so I'm not able to scan as many covers as I used to.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

did anyone by chance pick up a second copy/copy they no longer want of Momodora Reverie Under The Moonlight?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

soera

LRG morning! Got Senko no Ronde 2 and Typoman

argyle

Got Senko with no issues, I had been waiting on that one to go up for a while now.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

rayne315

there are currently 13 vinyl records listed on LRG's site... they seem to be hitting the gaming soundtracks hard.

oh and Future Unfolding (PS4) releases tomorrow with 2000 copies
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Record Store day is why.

Mercenary Kings and Flinthook (Switch) go up for preorder next Monday.  Pre-orders open for 2 weeks.

April 27th is confirmed to be Volume (PS4) and Siralim (PS4/Vita).

Night Trap for (Switch coming soon)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 11:15:48 am by ignition365 »

turf

PRO Supporter

Record Store day is why.

Mercenary Kings and Flinthook (Switch) go up for preorder next Monday.  Pre-orders open for 2 weeks.

I went ahead and ordered both of those.  They looked fun and they were $20 and $15 digital.  That's not an unreasonable jump for physical.

This week's sale has been cancelled.

Siralim (PS4/Vita) goes up for sale next Friday May 4th along with 1 other game.  I don't figure it'll be Volume, don't know what is going on with that.

Update time.

Aces of Seafood (PS4) goes up May 11th.
Aaero (PS4) goes up May 11th. pushed back to a later date. Nope.  Back on schedule for May 11th.
Super Hydorah (PSVita) goes up June 8th.

Random surprise no announcement game going up on May 11th.  PS4/NS/PC.  Standard Editions are open preorder.  Collector's Editions are limited to 1,500 copies on PS4 and 2,500 copies on NS.  Likely Pixeljunk Monsters 2
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 05:37:26 pm by ignition365 »

argyle

Crap, I just looked up Ace of Seafood & reminded myself what it is. I gotta have that one.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

Aaero and Ace of Seafood are live!