Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 199457 times)

sworddude

Well...my save file disappeared...even though the battery I replaced like five days ago is still working since it now has a new file 1 which starts me at the intro stage. Maybe the save file somehow got corrupted? Regardless, I'll just be keeping the game I waited 9 or so months for in its box where it seems it'll be destined to be in for the foreseeable future and if I ever get the urge to replay the game, I will just go with the 3DS virtual console release.

With that, I'm just going to re-focus my time finishing up Dragon Warrior VII and afterwards play something else before continuing on with playing all of the main games in the DQ series this year.

They always hold back some stock behind in case of defects I'm pretty sure this qualifies for a replacement when you message them. The product has already been made you won't need to wait for months now.

Unless ofcourse everyone is complaining about the save not working and it's a normal thing in wich you'll get the same thing with another copy.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

pzeke

Seeing the listings on ebay for the LRG re-release of the game, I wouldn't be surprised. Coulda left my copy unopened and tried to sell the game for like $200. :P

We could go there if you want, after all that's pretty much what a good majority of people buy LRG releases for anyway. However, my point was in regards to how poorly managed and incompetent they are as a company. Sure, the game having a dead battery right out of the gate could seem like a small thing to some, but it's still wrong. Granted, you're the only one I've read of this happening, but still, it makes me wonder if they had a barrel filled with used CR batteries and decided to recycle them for the sake of cutting corners. I mean, makes sense; everyone keeps these sealed anyway, so who's going to even notice.

In all sincerity, though, anybody who ends up spending $200+ for what's essentially a repro is well beyond their goddamned mind.

Reading opinions in other places it seem that indeed there also problems with the shell of the cartridge that make it hard to assemble, open and just close it again.

I read a few complaints about that as well, so can confirm.

Well...my save file disappeared...even though the battery I replaced like five days ago is still working since it now has a new file 1 which starts me at the intro stage.

Let me circle back to what I said earlier: incompetence.

Seriously, though, contact support about it, don't just put the thing away and be like, "meh, it is what it is".

And speaking of incompetence, with a smidgen of shamelessness for good measure...

How much were they asking for it again, $145? What a deal...

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

Flashback2012

And speaking of incompetence, with a smidgen of shamelessness for good measure...

What back of box is that?

Edit: Derp I see it now...I saw the logo for Cotton and was like "wait, when did they put that out and how did I miss it?!"
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 10:15:14 am by Flashback2012 »

It’s not incompetence... that implies the results are unintentional. They do this shit repeatedly and shamelessly.

Oh, that Astro Mini photo? Yeah, according to LRG it’s Sega‘s fault!  :o

(Reference: Josh Fairhurst’s Twitter. I can’t link it because he blocked me for daring to challenge the nonsense he spews.)

I told you: they will never accept fault. That company is run by enabled manchildren.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 10:50:17 am by bunnybear »
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

telly

I'm not as hard on LRG as I've been in the past and I still do buy products from them. I just wish they would drop the pretense about "preserving physical media" and just accept the fact that they cater to the collector's (and scalper's by extension) market first and foremost.

They've been releasing dozens of  games that have physical versions already and they've even sold products with Steam codes in them for crying out loud.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

sworddude

I'm not as hard on LRG as I've been in the past and I still do buy products from them. I just wish they would drop the pretense about "preserving physical media" and just accept the fact that they cater to the collector's (and scalper's by extension) market first and foremost.

They've been releasing dozens of  games that have physical versions already and they've even sold products with Steam codes in them for crying out loud.

I mean to be fair. pc's are getting to a point in wich new ones usually don't even come with a disc drive anymore.

Disc drives are optional these days and you can't always choose that either. Times change and pc is pretty much non existent for physical for quite some time now.

Let alone all the challenges that people face to play pc games when they update their pc. Download keeps that accesible. Sure you'd think only super hardcore would buy those however your preventing newer people from having problems to get the game in a playable state with their hardware.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 12:11:39 pm by sworddude »

pzeke

It’s not incompetence... that implies the results are unintentional. They do this shit repeatedly and shamelessly.

Let's call them a bunch of shysters, then; they're a business, so it still applies. Nonetheless, I still think incompetent befits them rather well, because while they may know what they're doing, they're inept and quite incapable of properly running their business. As I mentioned before, they seemed well-intended at first, but they got too big for their own britches.

By the way...

Scott Pilgrim will be going up for pre-order on LRG Jan. 15.  A couple of different editions coming.

Shipment for the standard PS4 version has begun - I got emailed about it yesterday.

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

telly

Scott Pilgrim will be going up for pre-order on LRG Jan. 15.  A couple of different editions coming.

Shipment for the standard PS4 version has begun - I got emailed about it yesterday.

Same! So pumped. Just watched the film again at a special showing a few weeks ago, and my partner is a huge fan of both the film and the graphic novels.  ;D
Currently Playing:

pzeke

After the debacle with the PS4 from months ago, I'm kind of regretting not getting the Switch version instead. Maybe it's just my paranoid self shining through, as I'm sure Sony will eventually make strides to fix that particular problem (hopefully).
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 12:45:00 pm by pzeke »

telly

I'm cautiously optimistic that in the worst case scenario, modders will figure out a way to bypass the CMOS/internet requirement with custom firmware, but only time will tell if that happens or is even needed.
Currently Playing:

pzeke

I'm with you on that, 100%. I just wish I didn't have to mod my console in the event Sony were not to fix their screw up themselves. And for the record, I've modded before, but it's just inconvenient and outright not my thing.

sworddude

I'm with you on that, 100%. I just wish I didn't have to mod my console in the event Sony were not to fix their screw up themselves. And for the record, I've modded before, but it's just inconvenient and outright not my thing.

Even replacing the battery is quite a pain.

From what I've heard you had to undo 40+ screws, refresh the thermal compound before you even assemble it again and you need a special security bit to even open it.

Why can't it be as easy as the saturn or wii wich just had a cover on the outside of the console making it a 10 second easy process

mrkonasoni

Their new announcements were nice but I heard some pre-orders are still on hold after months, so I don't think I will buy.

The Plumbers don't wear ties port sounds hilarious but I certainly hope they don't expect people to pay more than 10$ for a game that's pretty much a powerpoint project and a weird fever dream.

Of course I am talking about the digital version, I am aware the physical will be 30$ with a 150$ collector edition.

Now the question is... they will keep the uncensored photos code?
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

Several LRG games have gone up for pre-order via Best Buy, including Shantae and Shantae: Risky's Revenge.

covfefe2020

The Benevolent and Powerful covfefe2020