Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 196852 times)

rayne315

Managed to get an order in. :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BREACH-AND-CLEAR-PS-VITA-RARE-1-500-WORLDWIDE-ONLY-/151867088179?hash=item235bfbdd33:g:FfUAAOSwwbdWMkgq

Ill just drop this here

I'm not surprised at all, yet I can't help but get a little angry every time I see s*** like this going on.

hopefully I can get an order in. I'm currently at work and will try after I get off in 5 hours wish me luck!

And I know this angers me too, which is why I asked if they had anything in place to dissuade scalpers. I will keep an eye on ebay to see if they are taken down.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

telly

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BREACH-AND-CLEAR-PS-VITA-RARE-1-500-WORLDWIDE-ONLY-/151867088179?hash=item235bfbdd33:g:FfUAAOSwwbdWMkgq

Ill just drop this here

I'm not surprised at all, yet I can't help but get a little angry every time I see s*** like this going on.

It really is a little disgusting. How long has the game been available today?

Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

abe

Ill just drop this here

It can't have been available for too long. A few hours maybe? I hadn't seen any official times for when it was supposed go up, so I'm not 100% sure.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

rayne315

Ill just drop this here

It can't have been available for too long. A few hours maybe? I hadn't seen any official times for when it was supposed go up, so I'm not 100% sure.

the post was made 9:24 pdt which was an hour ago now which is 11:24 where I am, and a previous pose mentions that sales were up at 11:27 so It must have been immediatle.

BTW its sold out sometime before 12:30
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 01:34:23 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Limeface

PRO Supporter

Ill just drop this here

the post was made 9:24 pdt which was an hour ago now which is 11:24 where I am, and a previous pose mentions that sales were up at 11:27 so It must have been immediatle.

*sigh* It was inevitable, but that sure was quick for a scalper to post that even when the game was still in stock. It won't sell at that price. It's a collectible game sure, but not that high. Sheesh.

It was live for about 2 hours (11:30am EST-1:30pm EST) which I consider pretty good for only 1500 copies.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 01:44:16 pm by Limeface »

davifus

RIP, I miss it
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

rayne315

Ill just drop this here

*sigh* It was inevitable, but that sure was quick for a scalper to post that even when the game was still in stock. It won't sell at that price. It's a collectible game sure, but not that high. Sheesh.

It was live for about 2 hours (11:30am EST-1:30pm EST) which I consider pretty good for only 1500 copies.

I like how this guy is trying to sell this game

VERY RARE GAME !!! --- ONLY 1,500 MADE WORLDWIDE

GET YOUR COPY NOW BEFORE THE PRICES INCREASE EVEN MORE !!!

THESE ARE VERY COLLECTABLE AND WILL BE WORTH £1000+ IN THE FUTURE !!

I pulled those lines directly from the listing

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

rayne315

RIP, I miss it

Make sure your on Saturday, there are only 1000 of that one made

sorry for double post.

EDIT:

I swear it was 1000 yesterday now it is 1980 copies.. Im wondering if that means the discs aren't physically produced yet.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 02:07:02 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

abe

I swear it was 1000 yesterday now it is 1980 copies.. Im wondering if that means the discs aren't physically produced yet.

Nope, it was 1980 yesterday.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

theflea

man, I was going to get a copy but by the time I got on they where sold out. I personally hate these low limited items on new games.
It just makes resellers go nuts. sigh. 4

Also Limited Run's needs to put a Limit of 1 per mailing address, your just going to get scalpers buying as many as they can and only a few getting to the gamer's. I am not paying a scalper $400 for this game.  >:(
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 05:37:34 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

retrogemcollector

I for one will always support Indy developers that go the extra mileage to give me a physical copy, rare or not, limited or not. Big AAA should be ashamed, I'm thinking of you Halo with your big LE collector box and a vulgar digital code. I know they corrected it but still, these should not happen yet. I'm aware that digital is the future, but I don't want to accept it YET.

Limeface

PRO Supporter

Those that missed snagging a copy earlier, you may have another chance. According to the Limited Run Games Twitter https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/with_replies
"The freed up stock from excess orders will go live at the same time, probably going to be 200 - 300." The time they referred to in another tweet was "Most likely Monday evening, once we've gone through all of our orders"

rayne315

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully