Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 198970 times)

rayne315

well not going to lie I completely forgot about this... hopefully I can get it on the second go at 6pm EST but I will probably be unable to get a second
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Limeface

PRO Supporter

I think they underestimated the demand. The word is out now, Breach & Clear was sort of obscure. Now collectors and scalpers have their finger on the trigger. The soundtrack vanishing immediately annoys me on every level. Hopefully with the success of this release future launches will be smoother and better stocked. 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 11:32:48 am by Limeface »

dashv

PRO Supporter

Fuck this.  Just let us preorder stuff.  Then, they can print as many as are preordered.  That shit is infuriating.

Yeah, I got this game for the iPad 2 or 3 years ago.

I've been anticipating this since it was announced 4 months ago. Partly because it's a great game and partly because this is the premiere of the final episode on any platform.

I barely slept all night (anticipation and didn't want to oversleep).

Got up at 6:30am. Put in my order at exactly 7:00am (Pacific).

I know it's just a game but I'm devastated.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 10:58:36 am by dashv »

rayne315

They are doing a poll on their twitter page asking if they should limit sales to 1 per platform. I think they should and the votes seem to back it up. If you guys want, toss em a vote as well.

I got my ps4 with soundtrack bundle too. I happened to hit f5 about 10 seconds before the actual strike of 10am and it had the for sale option for me. I hope the rest of you get yours tonight if you are trying. :)

I definitely think they should. I don't get up early for _anything_ not work, not church, nothing. But I got up early for this.

It's going to make me sick seeing these on ebay later today for $100.

I did get a plain Vita copy. But I don't even own a Vita.

a bunch up on ebay now for prices ranging from $100-150

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

soera

Most of the ebay auctions will get canceled. They did the same thing with Breach. I have been following LRG since the beginning and they are fairly new and realize that this game shows them that they seriously underestimated the demand. Every game they release will change how the next game goes. For those of you that missed the first batch, be ready to jump on that second one. And they are strong limiting it to 1 platform per customer.

soera

Just copied this from their own website :

Rest assured, though - we're using data from every release to determine print sizes for all future games. We're base lining print runs at 2,000 copies (no runs will ever be smaller than that) and we're looking at 3,000+ copies for the bigger games we sign (barring the developers wanting a smaller run). We're going to be actively trying to meet demand while keeping our releases desirable (that's kind of core to making sure our releases can sell out).

The 6PM EST batch should be a lot smoother!

Flashback2012

Fuck this.  Just let us preorder stuff.  Then, they can print as many as are preordered.  That shit is infuriating.

*Likes Post*  ;D

I became less and less enthused the more I heard about this because I figured it would become the next feeding frenzy item for scalpers/resellers.  :-\

Being that I'll be at work when the next wave hits I'll be unlikely able to get a copy.  :P

dashv

PRO Supporter

Yup. 13 auctions right now.

One dude Salvatoriello is selling both the PS Vita and the PS4 copies he bought. For nearly $100 each.

These guys aren't even waiting for the items to hit their door before they get 4x markup.

desocietas

One dude Salvatoriello is selling both the PS Vita and the PS4 copies he bought. For nearly $100 each.

These guys aren't even waiting for the items to hit their door before they get 4x markup.

Yeah, unfortunately that happens a lot. Selling preorders before the orders even come in. I always hope that their orders get cancelled because of it (and some already have been, according to Limited Run Games).
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

dashv

PRO Supporter

I'm just being a whiney baby right now.

I'll be inconsolable all day. Maybe I'll play some Superman 64 to calm myself down.

rayne315

Yeah, unfortunately that happens a lot. Selling preorders before the orders even come in. I always hope that their orders get cancelled because of it (and some already have been, according to Limited Run Games).

I cant find it anymore but their was an ebay listing for the ps4 version that claimed to have 2 with 1 being sold when I noticed it. so im assuming the other copy got sold and that made me lol because they are canceling all duplicate orders. So that guy isn't going to get his second copy to someone who already paid $100+ for it.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

soera

90 minutes gang. Hope you guys are set up and ready to go. If you arent, you need to make an account at http://limited-run-games.myshopify.com/ and also get your Paypal logged in. If its anything like round 1 this morning, it opened up about 10 seconds before 10am. Just get F5 ready!

dashv

PRO Supporter

Don't have my hopes up. But maybe. Just maybe...

Longest 5 minutes of my life.

turf

PRO Supporter

Do I even try again?

*Edit: Got one
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 06:02:37 pm by turf »