Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 198579 times)

shfan

Despite having bought the first two LR games and liking the company's attitude and enthusiasm, I've got to admit my interest in their output has declined to almost zero.

Having no pre-order system or the like means that adults with busy lives get funnelled into a clicking contest with scalpers in order to 'win' something instead of just buying the damned game. The company's nonsensical answer to this, from what I can gather, is that the IP owners 'like' the ultra-limited numbers, though quite why any company would love the idea of annoying and frustrating their customer base is beyond me.

What Limited Run is doing is by no means unique or impossible for other companies to do, I just hope they either figure out a way of letting their customers buy their products without this ridiculous hoop-jumping or that someone else who can steps in.

turf

PRO Supporter

I'm with you.  If they would let us preorder, then they would know exactly how many to print.  It'd still be limited, but everyone that wanted one could have one.

dashv

PRO Supporter

I'm with you.  If they would let us preorder, then they would know exactly how many to print.  It'd still be limited, but everyone that wanted one could have one.

I wonder if they realize they are just re-incentivizing piracy and hardware hacking.

Scott Pilgrim VS the World the game being delisted and unavailable in physical form of any kind pushed the developer of the XBox 360 emulator to make some major breakthroughs.

Now for many the only way to play the game is to get a pirated copy and play it on an emulator.

abe

I wonder if they realize they are just re-incentivizing piracy and hardware hacking.

Scott Pilgrim VS the World the game being delisted and unavailable in physical form of any kind pushed the developer of the XBox 360 emulator to make some major breakthroughs.

Now for many the only way to play the game is to get a pirated copy and play it on an emulator.

Wow, that's pretty lame. It's such a good game too. I'm glad I managed to get it before it was delisted. I didn't even know they removed it until you mentioned it. :o
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Wow, that's pretty lame. It's such a good game too. I'm glad I managed to get it before it was delisted. I didn't even know they removed it until you mentioned it. :o

Yeah. License expired. Had nothing to do with sales.

It was a best seller.

argyle

I didn't know that about Scott Pilgrim either - my second favorite "indy" game last gen right after Super Stardust HD. Can you at least still re-download it if you've bought it?
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Limeface

PRO Supporter

Mike Bithell announced that Volume is getting a physical release through Limited Run Games.
I'm really digging the box art. It looks gorgeous!

« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 03:47:48 pm by Limeface »

turf

PRO Supporter

Just say when.  I'm a sucker.  I'll get caught up and buy it.

dashv

PRO Supporter

I didn't know that about Scott Pilgrim either - my second favorite "indy" game last gen right after Super Stardust HD. Can you at least still re-download it if you've bought it?

Yes.

You can also still get digital download codes for it through GameStop while supplies last.

desocietas

Limited Runs has announced their next title:

LIMITED RUN #4: ODDWORLD: NEW N' TASTY (PS4)
https://www.limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-4-oddworld-new-n-tasty-ps4

This product is not yet available and will be released on April 25th, 2016. Orders will be taken in two batches. The first half of the inventory will be available at 10AM EST, the second half will follow at 6PM EST.

Oddworld: New N' Tasty physical disc for the PlayStation 4. Limited to 5000 copies worldwide. Region free. Includes the Alf's Escape DLC on disc.

WARNING: Limit ONE copy per platform (PS4 & Vita) per customer. If you make any additional orders on this platform, all orders made after the first one will be CANCELED.

LIMITED RUN #5: ODDWORLD: NEW N' TASTY (VITA)
https://www.limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-5-oddworld-new-n-tasty-vita

This product is not yet available and will be released on April 25th, 2016. Orders will be taken in two batches. The first half of the inventory will be available at 10AM EST, the second half will follow at 6PM EST.

Oddworld: New N' Tasty physical cartridge for the PlayStation Vita. Limited to 2500 copies worldwide. Region free.

WARNING: Limit ONE copy per platform (PS4 & Vita) per customer. If you make any additional orders on this platform, all orders made after the first one will be CANCELED.

Also, note that the DLC was not available for the Vita version, so that's why it's not included on the physical version of the game.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

I want to also mention some of the other upcoming titles from my boys at LRG.

davifus

I want to also mention some of the other upcoming titles from my boys at LRG.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo exciting stuff.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

turf

PRO Supporter

Y'all remind me. I'll forget to order mine and then bitch.

desocietas

Lol, what's the best way to remind you? Twitter? Facebook?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

Lol, what's the best way to remind you? Twitter? Facebook?

Carrier Pidgeon. 
Here will be fine. I think I have to be in a continuing Ed thing that day. I may miss out.