Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 196801 times)

argyle

I had set a 10 min alert that lit up on my phone during my weekly staff meeting.  Logged in, refreshed a few times & grabbed one no problem. Was the most productive thing to come out of the meeting! :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

turf

PRO Supporter

Sold out while it was in my cart. Damn it

desocietas

They had issues with their Vita batch, if anything. It kept showing up as sold out for most people, but after some refreshing and such, I was able to snag one.

Second wave is up at 6p EST - best of luck to folks for that batch!

They also announced that there will be a 3rd wave later for cancelled orders, so there's a third chance that way, too.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

I was unable to grab a copy and will try again at the second wave. BUT if I am unable to get either copy did anyone pick up a spare (either system) that you would be willing to sell?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

argyle

I was unable to grab a copy and will try again at the second wave. BUT if I am unable to get either copy did anyone pick up a spare (either system) that you would be willing to sell?

Nope, but I'll try for a Vita one this afternoon in case anyone misses out.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Flashback2012

Well I'm assured I won't be able to get this as I'll be at work when the second wave goes live.  :-\

I still can't understand why there's a need for this unnecessary feeding frenzy and spectacle. I would much rather they did it the way Gaijinworks / Monkey Paw did where they had people pay in / pre-order and anyone who cared to have a copy could.  ::)

desocietas

Well I'm assured I won't be able to get this as I'll be at work when the second wave goes live.  :-\

I still can't understand why there's a need for this unnecessary feeding frenzy and spectacle. I would much rather they did it the way Gaijinworks / Monkey Paw did where they had people pay in / pre-order and anyone who cared to have a copy could.  ::)

I agree. If anything, Limited Runs says the developers are the ones who come up with the quantity and that LR always tries to push for a higher limit.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

I just ordered mine at 3:58ct. 
Weird that it worked, but it did. 

rayne315

its probably because it was in your cart and they just re-worked the site to be ready for the second wave

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

turf

PRO Supporter

its probably because it was in your cart and they just re-worked the site to be ready for the second wave

That may be it.  Oh well, it's ordered.

rayne315

That may be it.  Oh well, it's ordered.

wish me luck! I have to work for another 2 hours so I have to order while working on my phone... and hope I can get the version that will sell out first...

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

abe

Very much this. I'd love to not have to stress about it and just go with the presale method. Hitting the refresh button until it's time for the game to go up for sale is a pain and it sucks when you forget about a game you wanted because you had more important things to do that day. With presales, it doesn't even matter if a bunch of people are buying them just to resell because they're not taking away a copy from someone who wanted a copy for themselves.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

desocietas

wish me luck! I have to work for another 2 hours so I have to order while working on my phone... and hope I can get the version that will sell out first...

Good luck! I ordered both of mine on my phone, including the protective cases (though I put those in my cart prior to the games being available).  There are technically more PS4 copies than Vita, if anything.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

managed to grab the ps4 one then tried vita and it sold out. but ps4 still is going strong with about 50% left as of last refresh

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

managed to grab the ps4 one then tried vita and it sold out. but ps4 still is going strong with about 50% left as of last refresh

Keep giving the Vita a try. They had an error last time that made it look like they had low stock but they still had some in.  I managed to snag a Vita copy about 5 min after my PS4 order went through.

Yeah, I refreshed my cart 3 times just now and then a Vita order proceeded to the next step. Keep trying! :)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas