Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 196822 times)

soera

I had considered it .. but I dont care for the Vita and to me, its too expensive.

I got my B&C Deadline soundtrack bundle however.

kashell

I'm not too familiar with LR Games, so can someone explain their business model? Like, I figure that they would have more copies of games available in order to make a profit but...I dunno. *shrug*

rayne315

I'm not too familiar with LR Games, so can someone explain their business model? Like, I figure that they would have more copies of games available in order to make a profit but...I dunno. *shrug*

I know what you mean but bringing in $200,000 in sales in a few hours isn't enough profit to keep a few people on? they bring in 50,000-100,000 in sales every game they release and every platform its on, and assuming a 60-40 split they will make 20,000-40,000 profit each release. that's ignoring the fact that they also publish their own games through this method.

after all they are Mighty Rabbit studios.

or do you mean this. since they directly sell to the customer they do not need to pay the costly fee to get the games rated by the ESRB or whatever they are. by doing one run in larger quantities like they do it reduces cost per game to make (instead of having an open print run and maybe only making 100-200 at a time). they specifically search for games that are already made (only in digital format) so there isn't a large cost to making the games on disc. these games they pick have already been out for a while and have somewhat of a fan base (helps them better determine the print size and reduces cost). the customer pays the shipping (reduces cost).
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 11:08:10 am by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

turf

PRO Supporter

The Streak Continues for all the PS4 releases

rayne315

I had considered it .. but I dont care for the Vita and to me, its too expensive.

I got my B&C Deadline soundtrack bundle however.

yeah $40 for 2 8.5/11 (piece of paper size) prints doesn't seem worth it to me. the 2 soundtracked games come to $80 well this bundle costs $120. guaranteed they up priced the first game.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

soera

I think the price is questionable ... but it obviously worked. It was sold out in milliseconds and there are loads of people that tried to buy it and missed so it would have sold much more.

Oddly enough Ive yet to see a single person post anywhere that they have actually gotten a bundle.

rayne315

I think the price is questionable ... but it obviously worked. It was sold out in milliseconds and there are loads of people that tried to buy it and missed so it would have sold much more.

Oddly enough Ive yet to see a single person post anywhere that they have actually gotten a bundle.

I just assume the only people who bought it are intending to sell the first game so they can get the second basically for free.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

soera

That was my thought as well. I actually wouldnt have minded one of those prints just to have ... but with all the mess that is going on with it today, Im glad I didnt bother.

davifus

That had to be my worst 15min experience with LRG. @6 I got b&c in the cart and kept refreshing for other game. 5 mins in and nothing... until 10 mins in I finally see the add to cart. Click check out and shows the bundle as "Sold out" for the next 5 min I retry it over and over until I see the "5 left" then "3 left" and then "1 left".... so I missed it.

I had to purchase b&c separately.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

That had to be my worst 15min experience with LRG. @6 I got b&c in the cart and kept refreshing for other game. 5 mins in and nothing... until 10 mins in I finally see the add to cart. Click check out and shows the bundle as "Sold out" for the next 5 min I retry it over and over until I see the "5 left" then "3 left" and then "1 left".... so I missed it.

I had to purchase b&c separately.

Yeah, Soldner bundle wasn't open until like 8 mins past so I was forced to checkout my other game first >:(
(lesson learned from first batch  >:()

And once it was open it was gone within 5 seconds even when it shows 25-75% - I retried it over and over then a miracle happened that my order suddenly went through (definitely got one of the last 3) ???.

Already sent a request to combine orders (even they have changed the policy already) since I don't think it was our fault this time for their own website problems.

argyle

Apparently they mentioned on their official forums that they're considering a $30/year membership fee that will get you a t-shirt & sticker and give you "early access" to buy new releases. I think it would be a really bad move, and there's no way I'd pay that just for the chance to buy something they're selling.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

I guess they just announced Shadow Complex PS4.

https://t.co/uXoJPoKVWU

rayne315

Rainbow Moon and Shadow Complex Remastered are set to release August 19th (next Friday)

Rainbow moon is set for 3000 copies of both the vita and ps4 and is set to $24.99. #15 and #16
Shadow Complex Remastered is set for 6900 copies for ps4 only and is set for $24.99. #17

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

This will be the first time I try to get anything....and I want all three.

I can imagine it will be difficult to get all three at once :/

I also wish they'd give us dates for these things well ahead of time, so I can plan money wise.

kashell

Crap crap crap. Shadow Complex looks awesome, but the day the public is able to buy it is a day I'll be completely booked.

This company...I swear...