Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 199008 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

these releases are GD stressful...

Yup. Got the email an hour ago.

Unfortunately I just woke up to see Rainbow Moon already sold out.

Wish they sent the email the day before.

I really don't like the way they do this.

I want legit physical releases that I don't have to fight for and be in the "right place right time with a pinch of luck".

Let me know if you want me to snag you a copy this afternoon. I got an extra copy of Shadow Complex, too, if that's of interest to anyone.

For the love of god there was a second round and I missed that too!?

I'm out.

I want legit physical releases that I don't have to fight for and be in the "right place right time with a pinch of luck".

Let me know if you want me to snag you a copy this afternoon. I got an extra copy of Shadow Complex, too, if that's of interest to anyone.

I'm out.
The second round was tiny, you'd have had to be really lucky to get something as I'd imagine there were a lot of people waiting.

dashv

PRO Supporter

I'm out.
The second round was tiny, you'd have had to be really lucky to get something as I'd imagine there were a lot of people waiting.

Yeah, I want real releases.

I'm out.

Yeah, I want real releases.
It was my first go at using them, and despite getting all three, I still ended up frustrating. Not a fan of the system.

The whole 'limited run' is nonsense. I get that it works in one way; I mean people, including some on this site will buy even a trash game just because it appears exclusive and collectible. So for games like Breach & Clear, it actually means they sell, sure if that got a larger run, I'd imagine it'd be lucky to sell a couple hundred copies as no one would care until they see it for $3 in a bargain bin.

However some of the games like Odd World, Shadow Complex etc. deserve big runs; and should be handled like how the Vita release of Shovel Knight has been.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/767738350098911232/photo/1

It does seem like more and more companies are opting to work with LRG (Which comes with higher prints for some games)

Also this

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/767809607066644480/photo/1
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 03:48:29 pm by ignition365 »

kashell

Thanks to both Turf and Rayen who stepped up to the plate for helping me with Shadow Complex.

Rayne, I sent you a PM.

rayne315

Anyone miss out on shadow complex that wants it? if so pm me as I will have a spare.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

shfan

I've really been enjoying playing through Breach & Clear Deadline, one of the company's own games, on physical release. However, I've now been stuck with a game-breaking bug for two days and I'm starting to get really cheesed off.  >:(

kashell

Are you the only person experiencing this bug or are there others that are dealing with? Does LR have any information on their page?

Hopefully it will get resolved in some way.

shfan

There's surprisingly little to be found online about the game Kashell, but I can't claim to searched every forum post, I'll comb through everything but if nothing's mentioned about it anywhere it'll go on the sale pile. Gutted that it's in the boxed finished product as I don't do online gaming/patching etc.

If you missed Octodad, you have a chance of getting a copy from this kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/russpitts/stage-of-development-indie-city-edition

$50 for PS4 or Vita.  Only 30 of each available.

rayne315

Dragon Fantasy The Black Tome of Ice for ps4 and vita releases September 9th with 3000 copies each, both versions cost $25

Mystery Chronicle One Way Heroics for ps4 and vita releases September 16th or September 23rd with 5000 copies each, both versions cost $25. The vita version is playstation tv compatible.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 12:28:37 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Okay Mother Effers.

Dragon Fantasy has been pushed back to next week... and they are going to be selling left over stock of Saturday Morning RPG for PS4 and PSV.  I totally missed out on SMRPG last time it was up, so I need to snatch me a PS4 copy.

kashell

Was Saturday Morning RPG any good?

Was Saturday Morning RPG any good?
Like 90% of everything I own... I've never played it.

:(